• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Five things I think about rep expectations.

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
What do you mean by that?

It's very simple. Most of us work in the business world on a daily basis. Just because you have anonymity on the Internet, it doesn't mean you can start behaving like a cackling hen. 98% of everyone I have dealt with on RWI is extremely professional, and are people I would invite into my home with no reservation. I have made friendships with folks here. Yes, real friendships. We email each other about non watch related stuff. It's a great community.

Now for the 2 %. Enough of the " my $48 dollar rep is not a 1:1 .... Will I get called out ? ..... What do you tell your friends .... " etc
Etc. You all know exactly what I am talking about. I lurk on a couple of other REP forums. I personally enjoy RWI the best. I was banned for a month because I did something foolish. I learned from it and was thankful to be allowed back here. How about we get back to sharing info on what makes the hobby interesting , which factory makes the best version , tips on helping each other modding. I've only been here since Feb. But I've been on car forums since the Internet was around. I don't want to see RWI become like one of those. I'll kindly get off my soapbox now. If my comments / suggestions are out of line, I apologize. I would like to continue to look forward to logging on here everyday.

bigdeal

I'm Pretty Popular
21/8/10
It's very simple. Most of us work in the business world on a daily basis. Just because you have anonymity on the Internet, it doesn't mean you can start behaving like a cackling hen. 98% of everyone I have dealt with on RWI is extremely professional, and are people I would invite into my home with no reservation. I have made friendships with folks here. Yes, real friendships. We email each other about non watch related stuff. It's a great community.

Now for the 2 %. Enough of the " my $48 dollar rep is not a 1:1 .... Will I get called out ? ..... What do you tell your friends .... " etc
Etc. You all know exactly what I am talking about. I lurk on a couple of other REP forums. I personally enjoy RWI the best. I was banned for a month because I did something foolish. I learned from it and was thankful to be allowed back here. How about we get back to sharing info on what makes the hobby interesting , which factory makes the best version , tips on helping each other modding. I've only been here since Feb. But I've been on car forums since the Internet was around. I don't want to see RWI become like one of those. I'll kindly get off my soapbox now. If my comments / suggestions are out of line, I apologize. I would like to continue to look forward to logging on here everyday.

Agreed...

I hope I'm not in the 2%!

boostin20

Put Some Respect On My Name
8/9/10
USA

Great post, and I agree.

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
Great thread.
Of course, as a committed 2 percenter, I'll have to ignore your advice, Big. But I still appreciate the effort that went into it.

;-)

bigdeal

I'm Pretty Popular
21/8/10
Great thread.
Of course, as a committed 2 percenter, I'll have to ignore your advice, Big. But I still appreciate the effort that went into it.

;-)

Yeah, I typed that up with you in mind...

Such a whiny Drama Queen you are ;)

frankt8242

I'm Pretty Popular
12/5/06
This should be "stickied" >>>

Sage advice is always welcome, be it from a newbie, or and old fart!!

smascarinas

I'm Pretty Popular
16/2/10
HOLY COW!!! Over 100+ reps!!! That's crazy fast... did you ever post a picture of your collection?

I think you pretty much have a sound advice when it comes to reps and quality since you have so many and have dealt with so many.

Okay so I just did the math.. lets say it's $150 average per rep... that means you have spent roughly $9,000 to $15,000 on reps... DAMN!!! You are the BigDeal! Hahahah... man, can't wait to have that kind of disposable income!

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
That's all I have for now, hope somebody finds it interesting...

Thanks bigdeal for sharing that
And don't forget FOR NOW
We remain waiting
Very interesting for noobs

Draven451

Known Member
14/9/11
Bigdeal,

Thanks for sharing your knowledge. Everyone here especially us newbies can learn from the experience of more seasoned members. I know in the short time I have been here I have learned much from reading posts like this one.

What a collection!