• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Guy tries to pawn a fake Patek in my area

RWIGWH

RWI's Great White Hope
Supporter
10/2/07
Er-um...Jeweler is a total moron? :lol:

supermanx

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
27/6/06
There are suckers everywhere... From the sounds of the article it wasn't even a decent rep.

watchbuff

I'm Pretty Popular
13/2/07
He almost got away with it. He should have went the extra step,and got some forged ID. Cashed the check and be done.

What a tool

dslmkr

Renowned Member
Certified
3/4/06
I read that too....if you saw the pic of watch you would say that jeweler deserved to be screwed !!! The watch screams rep!!!

watchbuff

I'm Pretty Popular
13/2/07
Don't forget in our dark world we are the most saavy. We actually could work for the Richmont spotting these reps even with the subtle cues we have developed an eye for.
Both the jeweler and the ass clown should be shot.

dslmkr

Renowned Member
Certified
3/4/06
That jeweler has been in that part of town for over 30 years...very upscale area of Long Island.I grew up not to far from there.Very snobish group of people...I don't feel bad at all for jeweler.... He probably was anticipating a steal at 12,500 and then selling it for more....

higgy

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
17/3/06
Man that guy looks guilty..... :shock:

Higgy 8)

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
It's more like the less exposed jeweler's fault.

I am guessing it's Chinese Nautilus rep.

doctorron

I'm Pretty Popular
5/3/07
It was an exhibition back with a quartz movement. :) I think that guy came to the last Houston GTG.

RWIGWH

RWI's Great White Hope
Supporter
10/2/07
Can you imagine how stupid these so called jewelers must feel now? I mean seriously. WTF? You cut a check for 12G's for a rep? Maybe it's a marketing ploy.

Matt Watch

I'm Pretty Popular
12/7/07
Classic story. Most of the AD's i meet in resort towns short terming to work at the beach could not spot 90% of the things i hear all of you pick out naturally. Now the seasoned people that AD as a profession are absolutely amazing. Obviously this jeweler did not specialize in the PPN.