• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

How did you first find rwi?????

The_Jackal

Known Member
5/1/11
How did you find this place and what first got you into replica watches as a hobby. Was it by accident or did you know someone else who had a rep watch?
For me, I've always had an interest in watches and for a few years now I had been keen to invest in a luxury timepiece. I always liked Rolex, but prior to finding this place I was considering buying a gen Omega Seamaster or an IWC.
Whilst I still love both of these watches, my first purchace was a Rolex GMT IIc and my second was a PAM 111j. I'm very happy with both of these and I've well and truly got the rep bug now.
I ended up searching for a forum (as I usually do when I buy something expensive- cars, bikes etc) to do some research since I had no idea that reps of this quality actually existed.
I was delighted when I found RWI because I found the place to be very friendly and informative and with the advice I gained from the experienced forum members, I was able to choose great watches from a trusted dealer (both have been timeshops btw).
I would love to get a concepta IWC Portuguese next but it's getting close to the price of a gen portofino and I think my wife will crack up if I buy any more.
So then........tell me........

D

d4m.test

Stared looking at all the sellers for replica watches and hearing about the rip-off, lousy quality, and in some cases a lot of dollars and no product.
Went looking for information on trusted dealers and found this forum,
Lurked for awhile then jumped in, been very pleased with learning and purchase of Rolex reps

KenD

Known Member
30/4/10
United States
I was looking - wanted to buy an Omega Blue SMP Chrono - and a member I was conversing with tuned me in to several boards - RWG and RWI - I joined both and I've been viewing, learning, and buying new watches ever since.

plymman

Renowned Member
13/10/10
I had some gens and was looking on the net for a Pam 111 (I was hoping to get a gen in a few years for my 40th), then I stumbled on tons of rep sites which ultimately led me here. A really happy coincidence as the forum is so friendly and I had no idea reps were as good as they are. I took a punt on puretime and haven't looked back since. I now have a nearly perfect rep of the 177 and a gen 111 is now definitely off the list!

Pakz

Renowned Member
15/4/11
I was a "longtime" member of rwg... Then joined the geek for a discussion (I don't remember which) about some reps, Hublot I believe... and in another thread, one guy there was citing many discussion that had taken place here. When following the links I saw I needed to be a member to read said discussion...

Well, I reluctantly joined (don't want to be a member of every forum, sleep's important, too... ;) ) but found a very nice place with a superb atmosphere. So I don't regret ;)

phillycheez

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/6/09
Fakemaster scam list.

That's how I found rwi too.

Now why I started looking into reps is a whole nother story. I've always been into watches since I was a kid. From ninja turtle watches (kindergarten) to Casio (elementary school) to fossil + guess (middle school) to citizen (high school). On my way to saving up for a Seiko until I saw my uncles IWC at a family gathering. It was amazingly high quality with AR coating. I was stunned. I was giddy like a school girl and then he told me it wasn't real!! I was shocked. He proceeded to tell me he got in Thailand.... the first thing I did when I got home was Google fakes... scam sites galore! Even the review sites for scam sites were scam sites. I almost gave up until I found fakeys scam list... and that's how I found rwi.

sebzbox

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/8/08
I was about to buy from bluefakes when I decided to search the web a little deeper! I found trustytime, on trustytime there is a banner ad for repgeek. On repgeek I found out about the other forums and joined all of them, RG is my main place (I guess because at that time panerai experts were all there) but RWI is growing on me!

Long live RWI ... And RG too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

d4m.test

I found RWI after literally spending hours of surfing the results of a Google search. I had made two purchases of Rolex Subs from two scammers -- the last one a complete disaster -- and wanted to find somewhere to buy reps without being scammed. I joined, then just sat back for a week or so just reading and reading and reading... . I thought I found a home; and after some tentative steps, jumped in. It's one of the best things that ever happened to me & haven't looked back. This is by far THE BEST FORUM for replica watches, info on them, and just plain good relationships and community. Uh, plus, collected a lot of economy reps from fellow members who, IMHO, are THE BEST on the 'Net.

dave

(uh, really, though, seriously... .):blushed:

OiRogers

Renowned Member
24/8/06
Many years back I was looking for a replica of the Omega Moonwatch... Much googling lead to a few scam sites and an email of a now banned dealer... He directed me to a now deceased web forum. I read a bunch there, I then found RWG1 and read that for a bit. RWGjr followed. Then somewhere along the line I saw several links to discussions here... Joined to read the threads and have hung out since.

BrucesReps

Renowned Member
2/6/10
Back when I was 8 or 9 years old I bought a crappy 2tone sub for $25 at a flea market. I started going to flea markets every weekend til I was about 15 when one Guy at the market was selling an automatic Datejust with exhibition back! I was so excited. I then started browsing the web for reps. I ordered a few from scam sites. Day date 21j auto from replicawatch.com as well as a Daytona 21j. Some time passed and when I turned 22 I started buying high end gens like omega and Rolex. I hated spending a weeks pay on a Gen so started buying reps from scam sites again until sometime last year I stumbled upon repgeek and I went downhill from there. I have since bought and sold at least 500 reps. I love watches!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Bomba

I'm Pretty Popular
20/4/08
Fakemaster scam list.

This.

I think Fakey's general contribution to the watch industry, exclusive of this hobby may be underestimated.

I found his Scam list because I was shopping for a gen PAM, which I ultimately bought.

My first rep was a rep of my gen PAM both for comparison and for a replacement as a daily beater.

Needless to say, that first watch opened the floodgates.

HPoirot

31/3/11
I was hooked on watches, but decided there's no way in hell i'll be willing to drop a 5-figure sum on a watch.

That's when i decided to try out reps.

With so many scam sites out there, i just kept googling <sitename> reviews.

Scary thing is, i stumbled on a site that recommended amatory.biz :facepalm:

Somehow, i clicked on a thread for RWI and i've been here ever since!

Bronzy

I'm Pretty Popular
4/12/09
I don't remember how I found this place, I must have been searching for a 'review' site, and somehow sifted through the scams to find this forum instead... I hesitantly gave my e-mail to sign up, but am so glad I did!

TheFrug

9/2/09
I've always had a weakness for watches and have wanted a Super Avenger since the first time I saw one. A friend came back from a business trip with a pretty decent Bently rep. I realised that rep quality had improved a lot since the old 10 quid quartz rolex oyster reps. I decided to look online to see if i could find a good SA rep and found RWI. So glad I did because the dealer I'd found during the same search was on the RWI scammers list.

Picked up a couple of cheap quartz and 21j watches from WE and TS with mixed results in quality then bit the bullet and got the SA ultimate edition. 2 years later thanks to this forum I got the SA repaired after the crown thread stripped and got my first franken with gen dial and movement. Then today I see a thread with cheap eta 7750s. I've also managed to send my spare parts to a couple of other members to get their watches up and running.

This place rocks and so the money for my VIP membership was money very well spent.

WashedUpRealityTvStar

8/3/11
I wanted to check the validity of the scam site that I ordered from. Turned out, it was a scam. On the bright side, I was hooked on this site!

SL55

Horology Curious
20/2/11
This.

I think Fakey's general contribution to the watch industry, exclusive of this hobby may be underestimated.

I found his Scam list because I was shopping for a gen PAM, which I ultimately bought.

My first rep was a rep of my gen PAM both for comparison and for a replacement as a daily beater.

Needless to say, that first watch opened the floodgates.

Oh lord.

He has been selling watches to you guys that he gets from a seller on his original "scam list",a list of watch dealers you can find by just doing a google search,thats all he did at the time.

Dave.

Oh,and i found RWI thru RWG1,to which fakey and myself joined around the same time.

Pizzanooo

Renowned Member
17/3/06
Now were going way back.
I believe my mail was from Klink on the new forum, or the guy who used to own this place (no name injected) when the old board imploded.
Been a long time ago, and my memory is failing....

LHOOQ

I'm Pretty Popular
4/4/09
I was doing my homework on a gen Speedmaster purchase and wanted to make sure I didn't end up with a fake. Found the old Replica Watch Report, then By-Tor's mega reviews, and landed at RWI.

If I hadn't found found the rep forums, I would be a richer man today.