• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

F1- 2011 Its back!

Renowned Member
30/3/09
Finally the F1 season is back and with your help we can make this the only F1 thread of the year. Yep that's right stick all you F1 comments, pics, opinions for 2011 here....

So the season is finally underway at Albert Park, Melbourne, Australia.

And what a start it's been.... Pirelli has replaced Bridgstone as the tyre that will be used for the season. The softer compound is going to create a lot of exciting racing this due mainly to number of tyre changes that are going to be need through out each race. These tyres last no where near as long as the Bridgestone and when they start to go, they go quickly.

Once again Red Bull set the pace in qualifying with the Vettel on pole, Webber in third with Hamilton's Merecedes splitting them. When the great Michael Schummaker was asked what he thought of Vettels time, he responded after a pause, "mind blowing".

Tomorrow is race day and it's going to be one heck of a season, whoever you support.

5up3rman

Renowned Member
4/12/10
Bit too early to say.
Mclaren seem to have made massive improvements in a short time.
However I would sAy vettel is looking shit hott more so than red bull
Him and Hamilton didn't have use of kers so goes to show their skills as drivers

wat44

Mythical Poster
20/6/09
speed-wise, yep

the unknown for 24 hours is strategy...

QinetiQ

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
6/8/09
It's too early to say who will be smashing. It will take a few races before the teams know how their car is handling and all. I think the first few races are bit like a tearing period

Franke

Tech Team
Advisor
28/5/10
I myself is Alonso all the way. I don´t mind so much who he drives for, but he is - in my opinion - the best driver.

Livery wize i really like the Lotus team this year. Very racing!

5up3rman

Renowned Member
4/12/10
Alonso is a twat!
His ranting in the final race last year proved that.
I'd like to see webber win it. But it's still way too early to tell

Franke

Tech Team
Advisor
28/5/10
Alonso is a twat!
His ranting in the final race last year proved that.
I'd like to see webber win it. But it's still way too early to tell

To early to tell? That must be the understatement of the year. Hell, we havn´t even had the first race yet.

The final race didn´t prove anything-

Renowned Member
30/3/09
Vettel has stamped his authority on his intentions this season with a huge win at Melbourne. Beating Hamilton by 22 seconds.
Now for Malaysia......

QinetiQ

Banned
6/8/09
I'm very disappointed with Ferrari and I have no idea what happened this weekend. The car was obviously VERY fast during the race (scoring the most Fastest Lap times) but was shit during the practise and qualifications. They need to step their game up!

Oh and they need to do something about Massa. He is VERY inconsistent.

co-axial

Legendary Member
Advisor
16/9/10
Vettel is the man atm, for sure. I just feel sorry for Michael Schumacher. I never understood why he came back. Even with a better car he can´t go faster than the young guns:facepalm:. Should have stayed in his nice home in Switzerland.

QinetiQ

Banned
6/8/09
Vettel is the man atm, for sure. I just feel sorry for Michael Schumacher. I never understood why he came back. Even with a better car he can´t go faster than the young guns:facepalm:. Should have stayed in his nice home in Switzerland.

Hell for 20,000,000EUR per season I'd race if I was 50 years old lol. Money talks man, it's will always be like that

Franke

Tech Team
Advisor
28/5/10
Oh and they need to do something about Massa. He is VERY inconsistent.

Right. A team like Ferrari can´t afford this for much longer. I think this is the next big thing to happen. Alonso i so much quicker with the same stuff so... they just have to deal with it.

Almost a minute behind at race pace is just too much.

ochaves

30/9/09
It seems that this season is going to be kindda boring if Ferrari and McLaren doesn't improve their cars. Red Bull is way over the other teems.

Petrov made a great race!

Massa and Barrichello are totally disappointing.

Congrats to Mexico and Venezuela for having pilots en F1 again after 30 years.

co-axial

Legendary Member
Advisor
16/9/10
Hell for 20,000,000EUR per season I'd race if I was 50 years old lol. Money talks man, it's will always be like that

MSC is estimated at 600 to 700 Mio EURO. With that amount of money I wouldn´t risk my reputation as a sportsman. What he did last season was..well "embarrissing"

5up3rman

Renowned Member
4/12/10
I think we'll be able to tell better in Malaysia what the other cars have to offer...namely Ferrari.
Malaysia is a proper race circuit, long fast sweeping bends where the engineering of the cars will be shown, whereas australia is a semi street circuit. not saying that it's a bad race, just that we will see on a proper race circuit what these cars can do.
And i think the real find of this season is Force india racing driver Paul Di Resta.

He was DTM race champion and also in formula 3000 was spanking the shit out of Vettel.

QinetiQ

Banned
6/8/09
And i think the real find of this season is Force india racing driver Paul Di Resta.

He was DTM race champion and also in formula 3000 was spanking the shit out of Vettel.

Formula 1 is not about who's the best driver. All in all there are no bad drivers there. If they are chosen by a team that means they are good enough. Di Resta (nor will anybody else) challenge Vettel at least for now. Not at least they make some MAJOR improvements to their aero-package and I really find it hard to believe that will be Force India. Maybe he'll find himself in the top 10 or 15 but never in the top 5 let alone the podium.

As I said, people need to understand that Formula 1 is all about the car. You think that if you put Alonso or Schumacher in that Red Bull they won't lap as fast as Vettel?

Renowned Member
30/3/09
Schummy has come back just for the money. He has a great technical and engineering understanding of F1. Remember it was his input the basically took Ferrari from a basket case back to the top.
His input last season can already be seen in the car this year and during winter testing. Another season or two and the team will be very competitive.
Its his ability to communicate with the engineers and mechanics is what puts him ahead of drivers such as Webber, Massa etc. Vettel is also a german and they spend their careers not just driving but understanding all the technical stuff as well.

QinetiQ

Banned
6/8/09
Honestly in the Australian GP, the person who pushed the most was Fernando. Despite finishing 4th he was the best driver out there.