• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Dealer's Sending the Wrong Watch

Egidio

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
26/11/10
Which watches did you get less expensive versions of?

They advertised a Pan 076. I paid for it and then they told me they didn't have it in stock. I asked for a refund but they offered me a Patek Philippe and showed me a photo of it. It looked OK so I said yes. When the watch arrived it was different than the one they had pictured in that it had only a minute hand and no Hour hand. I advised then and they apologised and offered to send me the promised watch if I ordered another of their watches. I fell for it and received a 2nd with one hand. They now claim that their one handed watches are legitimate. It was pre RWI days when I fell for these Scammers. Anyhow, I showed the 2 watches to a friend who said that the watches were indeed unusual but worth having for their novelty effect. So I swapped one of mine for one of his normal watches, so we are both happy now, with one Patek each with one hand. No use arguing with these Scammers, so it's going to be a party piece. Thinking I should buy more of these one handed watches as they may be worth investing in? :)

Wiz

Mythical Poster
9/8/09
They advertised a Pan 076. I paid for it and then they told me they didn't have it in stock. I asked for a refund but they offered me a Patek Philippe and showed me a photo of it. It looked OK so I said yes. When the watch arrived it was different than the one they had pictured in that it had only a minute hand and no Hour hand. I advised then and they apologised and offered to send me the promised watch if I ordered another of their watches. I fell for it and received a 2nd with one hand. They now claim that their one handed watches are legitimate. It was pre RWI days when I fell for these Scammers. Anyhow, I showed the 2 watches to a friend who said that the watches were indeed unusual but worth having for their novelty effect. So I swapped one of mine for one of his normal watches, so we are both happy now, with one Patek each with one hand. No use arguing with these Scammers, so it's going to be a party piece. Thinking I should buy more of these one handed watches as they may be worth investing in? :)

Worthless without the pics...

warpedpig

12/2/07
This bait and switch happened to me a few years ago with one of the 'formerly trusted' cartel dealers. I ordered a PAM 111H, which as we all know, comes with a brushed crown guard. Instead, I was sent this sloppy POS:

P1010521.jpg

When I emailed the dealer about it, this is what he told me - Direct Quote:

"Hi..

For this PAM111H .. all current models are on Polished SS CG. Thanks! It should match the polished case. Thanks!"

What a gas, eh? It goes without saying that I was pretty pissed off hearing this BS from a 'trusted' dealer.

Fortunately, with the help of this very forum and it's wonderful members, I was able to sort it out with the dealer without ever outing him in public. I was sent a correct watch, but had to eat the return shipping to send back the wrong watch which isn't ideal, but is frankly something I can live with in the rep world.

My incident took place in the bygone days before QC pics were a reality and drop shipping was the norm. So in a sense, you couldn't be 100% certain if the dealer was at fault or if his supplier was the one playing games.

However, if this is happening today when the dealers supposedly have their hands on your watch before shipping, that's even worse.

So I suggest that if you get swindled like this, try to keep your cool, do your best to handle it behind the scenes with the support of the forum, and only as a last resort should you blast the dealer in public with pictures and saved emails, etc.

Egidio

Banned
26/11/10
Worthless without the pics...

I know, but I still have not found the time to learn how to post the pictures. When I do. I will post them. Sorry.

Egidio

Banned
26/11/10
This bait and switch happened to me a few years ago with one of the 'formerly trusted' cartel dealers. I ordered a PAM 111H, which as we all know, comes with a brushed crown guard. Instead, I was sent this sloppy POS:

P1010521.jpg

When I emailed the dealer about it, this is what he told me - Direct Quote:

"Hi..

For this PAM111H .. all current models are on Polished SS CG. Thanks! It should match the polished case. Thanks!"

What a gas, eh? It goes without saying that I was pretty pissed off hearing this BS from a 'trusted' dealer.

Fortunately, with the help of this very forum and it's wonderful members, I was able to sort it out with the dealer without ever outing him in public. I was sent a correct watch, but had to eat the return shipping to send back the wrong watch which isn't ideal, but is frankly something I can live with in the rep world.

My incident took place in the bygone days before QC pics were a reality and drop shipping was the norm. So in a sense, you couldn't be 100% certain if the dealer was at fault or if his supplier was the one playing games.

However, if this is happening today when the dealers supposedly have their hands on your watch before shipping, that's even worse.

So I suggest that if you get swindled like this, try to keep your cool, do your best to handle it behind the scenes with the support of the forum, and only as a last resort should you blast the dealer in public with pictures and saved emails, etc.

Yes, I take your point. I try not to shame anyone and at the end of the day we are into reps, but that does not mean that trusted or untrusted dealers have a right to walk over us?. I have had a very unpleasant experience with a trusted dealer, he even threatened me with physical violence (I have his email)) all over an $8 Movement and his $99 Watch!!! I'm not going to expose him for a crappy $99 watch that had bits fall off it before I even wound it. I couldn't wind it because of the broken bits that kept falling off the back of his watch and the incredible grinding noise that even woke my 5 sleeping dogs. LOL I have bought heaps of great watches, so a few bad experience don't matter all that much. I'm a retired man, so $99 isn't going to change my life by much. But if I was a young guy starting out, then $99 does matter.

rsh

Put Some Respect On My Name
3/4/10
OK fine, I will post my experience with Timeshops. When I had heard the noob seadweller was running low, i ordered 3....yes three. Well guess what came, the cheap sub based version. Here is what I was told.....

cut and paste
you can send back to us for full refund. this watch many customers want it . i sold many pcs every days.

for save our both trouble and time. if you can keep this watch and not send back to us. i would like to offer you few watches at factory cost (very cheap). exclude RWI promotion watches. please advice . thanks

then again.....

very sorry about that. due to our own stock already sold out. and noobfactory will not make it any more. so RO4319 out stock. if you don't want another factory SEA. you can ask refund or change to another watch instead.
yes . i will of cause pay 30usd for return postage. due to our staff is new. he can't distinguish which is noobfactory and which is not. so they sent a wrong watch to you.
when i just receive your e-mail. i notice our staff sent wrong watch. but after i check my own stock. i sold the last one RO4319 yestoday. otherwise. i will re-send correct RO4319 to you for free.
i am really apologize for the wrong watches we sent. if you not send back. i will offer you few watch in factory cost. you can make lot money on it. please advice. thanks

Later I ordered a sub LV....we all know the hands on the LV are not conventional, hour hand is thin minute hand is fat....well I got both fat, just like in the ceramic subs but with green lume....so I email him....here is the reply

Dear friend

You are the first buyer tell me that. In fact. Roles lv have two version. One is small mark version which use thin hands.
Another one is big mark version which use thicker hands. My promotion rolex lv is big mark version which should be thicker hand is correct as same as original.
I already told factory today. I will do my best to get thin hands for you

Later, when the "thin hands became available in stock" I was told, the hands are $18 each...how would I like to pay ? LOL.....I must admit he sent them to me for free....at least he said he did, they have not arrived yet.....but the replies are not acceptable, we are not fools.....

Admins, are you reading ? Just because he sells lots of promotion wacthes, he should not get immunity.

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
Thanks for the heads up. In my brief time here, I already have a list of dealers I would not waste my time with. I also have a list that I use regularly.

Egidio

Banned
26/11/10
Ever got sent a more expensive watch wrongly?
Yes, two of them. Some Non Trusted Dealer sent me two Patek Philippe Watches with one hand on each watch, in exchange for a watch I paid for, but then they told me was not in stock. But since I got 2 watches with one hand, for the price of one, then I guess I ran out a winner because if I wear the 2 watches on different wrists then I will be able to tell the time! BUT both hour hands were missing, so at least I could tell what minute it was and had to rely on my Portable Sun Dial to tell me what hour it was. The Sun Dial is pretty useless in Britain as there are not too many sunny days. :-( That's why the Romans left, of their own free will, because they couldn't tell the time any more. So they went back home to Rome. Unfortunately, they found Barbarians when the got to Rome and since the Barbarians, did not even know what day it was, let alone the time, the Barbarians sank the Sundials into the Tiber. And with that one action, Europe had to endure Centuries of being run by Barbarians in what history now calls the "Dark Ages". It was not until the Italian Renaissance (which was 100 years before the British Renaissance) that people started to see the light and they invented the Picket Watch. Well, that's the story our history teacher told us! And he should know?

Thanks for the heads up. In my brief time here, I already have a list of dealers I would not waste my time with. I also have a list that I use regularly.

Give us some names please!

rolly_olly

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
25/2/11
Yes, two of them. Some Non Trusted Dealer sent me two Patek Philippe Watches with one hand on each watch, in exchange for a watch I paid for, but then they told me was not in stock. But since I got 2 watches with one hand, for the price of one, then I guess I ran out a winner because if I wear the 2 watches on different wrists then I will be able to tell the time! BUT both hour hands were missing, so at least I could tell what minute it was and had to rely on my Portable Sun Dial to tell me what hour it was. The Sun Dial is pretty useless in Britain as there are not too many sunny days. :-( That's why the Romans left, of their own free will, because they couldn't tell the time any more. So they went back home to Rome. Unfortunately, they found Barbarians when the got to Rome and since the Barbarians, did not even know what day it was, let alone the time, the Barbarians sank the Sundials into the Tiber. And with that one action, Europe had to endure Centuries of being run by Barbarians in what history now calls the "Dark Ages". It was not until the Italian Renaissance (which was 100 years before the British Renaissance) that people started to see the light and they invented the Picket Watch. Well, that's the story our history teacher told us! And he should know?

Give us some names please!

:biglaugh: Hilarious!!