• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Gulf trip

Wiz

Mythical Poster
9/8/09
Last week I took off to visit some expatriate friends in the Gulf, more precisely in Bahrain.
Sunny and 20°C, exactly what I needed after a few months of crappy weather in France :)

P1020895.jpg

I've been in Israel several times, but this is my first time in the Mulsim part of Gulf. I suppose most people here wouldn't agree,
but apart from the "mailbox women" ;), when you look around, it's actually not that different from Israel.

P1020907.jpg

P1020935.jpg

I was quite surprised by the abundance of good and affordable restaurants. Thai, Lebanese, Indie, .... you name it.

P1020945.jpg

P1020947.jpg

I don't usually like malls, but here this is the place you need to go if you want to see fine watches.

mall1.jpg

mall2.jpg

I also went to the souq to see the other kind of watches, and ended up buying a few straps and a 21j Milgauss.

P1020915.jpg

P1020918.jpg

P1020922.jpg

And now a few more eye candies of my 3717 on various straps.

P1020914-2.jpg

P1020980-2.jpg

P1020984-2.jpg

I'm leaving at the end of this week so more might come :sub4me:

Dr.Verylong

Legendary Member
Advisor
2/8/09
Spend more time in the souq :)

Enjoy, the weather looks way better than here.

JC7

Put Some Respect On My Name
15/6/10
very cool, Wiz. Thanks for this. 3717 looks great on the light strap.

D

d4m.test

Hi, Wiz!

Thanks for the brief tour of Bahrain; pics are great, esp. of the malls; nice photo layout of the various dealers. I agree w/ JC on the light colored strap & w/ Mr. Y with returning to the Squar. Look forward to more pics. Love the Milgauss, also.

dave

Dr.Verylong

Legendary Member
Advisor
2/8/09
The 3717 is one of my favourites. Unfortunately I do not trust that 7750 movement so it gets less wristtime than it deserves.

Wiz

Mythical Poster
9/8/09
Very true, I don't trust my asian 7750 either, so I'll have a it swapped with a swiss version anytime soon.

Wiz

Mythical Poster
9/8/09
Hey guys, Im stucked in Schiphol untill 16h. Anyone wants to grab a beer? :D

IMG_0173.jpg

Wiz

Mythical Poster
9/8/09
little bit early for a beer, eh? nice lounge. wich carrier?

A coffee then? :D

That's the KLM/Air France lounge. Clean, free food, wifi and wine. All you need when you're on a 10 hours transfer! ;)

co-axial

Legendary Member
Advisor
16/9/10
A coffee then? :D

That's the KLM/Air France lounge. Clean, free food, wifi and wine. All you need when you're on a 10 hours transfer! ;)

:lol: unless working, we´ll see a few posts from you today then ;) 10 h transfer...sounds like missed or cancelled flight..

Wiz

Mythical Poster
9/8/09
:lol: unless working, we´ll see a few posts from you today then ;) 10 h transfer...sounds like missed or cancelled flight..

Nop, no missed flight, I just live in a midsize town, and there are not much flights per day :D
Working... Hum... It sounds familiar but right now I can't really remember what it is about ;)

I'd love to gra a beer mate, but amsterdam is a bit far :)

Would be nice indeed, but don't worry I won't ask you to fly all the way here just to grab a beer ;)

QinetiQ

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
6/8/09
That lounge looks UBER nice! Free food on airports? What planet is that on?

Wiz

Mythical Poster
9/8/09
That lounge looks UBER nice! Free food on airports? What planet is that on?

The frequent flyer planet :) You're not home a lot but at least you get free food :(
And in some places like in the KLM crown lounges, you also get the free booze. :D

2d8f470e.jpg

Dr.Verylong

Legendary Member
Advisor
2/8/09
Wiz, that looks good. I loved the Lufthansa Senator Lounges, they stock "Menger Krug" (almost) all over the world, but not in Dallas, TX.

The First Class Lounge in Frankfurt is 1 mm short of a huge Wellness Spa with a restaurant, QQ. They drive you with Porsches to the departure gates. Quite convenient.

Wiz

Mythical Poster
9/8/09
Wiz, that looks good. I loved the Lufthansa Senator Lounges, they stock "Menger Krug" (almost) all over the world, but not in Dallas, TX.

The First Class Lounge in Frankfurt is 1 mm short of a huge Wellness Spa with a restaurant, QQ. They drive you with Porsches to the departure gates. Quite convenient.

Damn, I guess I was born in the wrong country!
Here they don't drive you to the departure gates, I guess people would be too embarassed to get there in a Citroen! :D