• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Bout time I introduce myself

Camris

Known Member
21/5/07
Hello,

I have been posting here for a few months but never bothered to make myself known. I'm Camris/Calix ( hey I was born in june! ). I 've been a watchmaker for the past 7 years and
for 10 years before I became a watchmaker I was a Jeweler. I have worked on may of the gen watches that are rep'ed here, infact I now work for one of the companies that is regualry rep'ed here.

What is a watchmaker doing on a rep site I'm sure your asking. Well, I came here while serching for a case manufacture to produce some cases for me...never found one, but I did find this site which is very interesting to me. I find it mind boggling the level of qaulity on some of these reps. I used to work for Providance Watch Hospital doing repairs and estimates, and becouse we had a retail store carrying 31 lines as well as being a service center for over 21 lines of watches on top of having a walk-in repair center, I saw alot of watches. From the pictures I have seen on this site these reps are masterful, some more then others.

I have a good sized collection of gen watches and I am mostly interested in the Vintage reps of watches that are no longer available or priced through the roof for the gens. I look at these more as hommage pieces then reps.

I am more then willing to share what knowlage I can with members here in good faith.

Good health to all of you,
Calix

daytona4me

sorry who are
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
4/3/06
Hello,

Well, let me first say that it is nice to have you here and look forward to any insight that you can provide.
Watches are our passion, replicas fit most of our budgets and we try to educate people that they dont have to spend $800+ for a $50 watch. Although replicas cost genuine manufacturers lots of money, they can also be held responsible for many sales as replicas serve as trial runs for many of us. No one wants to drop $5000 for a genuine only to find out that it doesnt wear well or wasnt what they thought it was.

It is very good to have you here! :)

brtelec

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
16/8/06
Phoenix
Welcome to the forum. We should all benefit from whatever wisdom you can impart. I will look forward to seeing your posts on a more regular basis. I have to agree with D4me. I am constantly reading post from people who are into reps taking the plunge on a gen. I haven always considered reps the gateway drug to gens. Enjoy your stay.

Gill777

Give me 47mm and sandwich dials all day
14/8/07
USA
Calix,
welcone to RWI. I like you stumbled to this most wonderful site. Like D4Me wrote. This forum is full of people passionate about watches. I was looking for a geunine watch, and now have my first 3 reps. I too knew nothing about rep. watches, and still after a couple of months, just know a little. Knoledgeable people like yourself are what keep me coming back every day. I hope you, like me, keep coming back to share and learn more about this passion for time tellers.

David/ domega...I was born in June too!

hk45ca

Legendary Member
Advisor
17/3/06
welcome to the forum, we are glad you are here and we all will look forward to your incite.

thanks for spending your time with us.

hk

triple-d

Renowned Member
5/3/07
Excellent.....and welcome Calix!!!!!!

Lots of good people on this forum. Hopefully this will be your home away from home....so to speak. :D :D

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
verry cool... a real watchmaker on the forum...yipeee and a warm welcome to you. :D

Matt Watch

I'm Pretty Popular
12/7/07
Welcome to Calix the watchmaker! I am also new and I think we all have great stories about falling into this site. I hope you enjoy your time with us. I wonder what vintage rep's you would find interesting - could you share your thoughts?

SilverSurfer

Known Member
25/8/06
Hi Calix! Another member born in June welcomes you!!

Have fun and I hope you can show us some pics of your collection!!!

SS

Camris

Known Member
21/5/07
Well, I had a post with pic's of my work...it didn't make it to the new forum...
So, becouse there is no strait up "watch repair" section of the forums anymore I'll tack it on here...hope no one minds.

Breifly, I work for Swatch group USA in NJ.
These are some Pic's of my daily work in our workshop.

My desk, Timing a Co-axiel 2500c movemnt
a0726071021.jpg

1164 Broken down for cleaning
a0919070917.jpg

Into the baskets...
a0919070926.jpg

And in for cleaning!
a0919070928.jpg

Now to break down a 3303B for service
a1001070859.jpg

An 1861 "Moonwatch" in need of some TLC
a1022071358.jpg

From time to time I may update this with pic's from work.
Calix

jkwhyd

30/5/07
Wow! A real watch maker!
Welcome! We are looking forward for you comments and your expertise.

jk

DemonSlayer

Known Member
3/12/07
Welcome to the board, and as others have pointed out its great to have another watchmaker :)

Gooch

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/11/07
Welcome fron the UK, :mrgreen: nice work if you can get it, thanks for the Pics

ThreadLocker

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
17/12/07
Welcome to RWI. I am a member at all major rep forums, and this place seems to be the best place to hang. Glad to see you made it!