• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

APSF Datejust 41 delivered with wrong movement. What would you do?

Jeremy83

Known Member
26/3/18
EU
I have ordered an APSF Datejust 41 that should actually have an SA3235 in it.

I had asked Intime to send me the Movement, but after 26 emails back and forth with Ryan and opening a help desk here in the forum where ryan was invited, but does not comment , I unfortunately had no success.

I am only offered one alternative by Ryan. I should to send the watch back where APSF will probably install the SA3235 movement.

Have any of you had any experience with sending a watch back?

Also: I RECOMMEND EVERYONE WHO HAS BOUGHT AN APSF ROLEX NO MATTER WHAT TD FROM TO CHECK THEIR MOVEMENT because i bet i am not the only one!

Reactions: KJ2020

Jeremy83

Known Member
26/3/18
EU
Edit:

When the rotor noises seemed very loud to me, I opened the watch and unfortunately had to find out that there was a fairly cheap movement inside where even the date disc was glued over with another one and then also crooked

Winni1611

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
15/10/22
Germany
You have always posted this in a different thread . Why do open another thread now ? Can't understand.

Last edited:

Jeremy83

Known Member
26/3/18
EU
You have always posted this in a different thread . Why do open another thread now ? Can't understand.
I'm happy to help you understand. I no longer have access to the other thread. But do you have another helpful tip on the subject? Have you had a similar experience or do you have an opinion on whether I should send the watch back and take the risk of losing the watch?

Winni1611

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
15/10/22
Germany
Never send a watch back to China. That will give you more trouble instead of help.
To my Private opinion such things as happened to you are Part of this hobby and I calculate them in.
Most of the older members here will have had some problems already but its not that often so they keep on going. You'r talking about a movement worth maybe 160 Euro. Compare this amount to the nervs it costs you and the Stress it causes. I think its not worth it. Take it as it is or buy a new movement to be installed.

Jeremy83

Known Member
26/3/18
EU
Never send a watch back to China. That will give you more trouble instead of help.
To my Private opinion such things as happened to you are Part of this hobby and I calculate them in.
Most of the older members here will have had some problems already but its not that often so they keep on going. You'r talking about a movement worth maybe 160 Euro. Compare this amount to the nervs it costs you and the Stress it causes. I think its not worth it. Take it as it is or buy a new movement to be installed.
Thanks for your message, yes I thought so too. It would be better to keep what you have instead of wasting the whole watch sending it back.
Unfortunately, I think it's a pity that I was only given this opportunity, which most people wouldn't do anyway :(
And that the helpdesk didn't work because Ryan didn't join the conversation is also a sad thing:(

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
Or put it back together and sell it for what it is

@ryanwayer im disappointed that you would ignore my PM to you

Reactions: P..DR..D

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Even the advertised SA3235 is a cheaper movement than the much better VS3235 and VR3235. But the movement shipped in this piece is in another whole category of cheapness. It's not even a true clone 3235, lucky to be worth $50. The price of the rep at $288 should have been a clue that the movement was not going to be top tier, but what was received is not what was advertised and is certainly not acceptable.

Ryan has always treated me right, I hope you can come to an agreement. I'm sure he didn't know. For future purchases, it pays to buy higher end reps like VSF or CLEAN. All reps can have issues but with a higher end one you won't end up with this kind of junk.

Jeremy83

Known Member
26/3/18
EU
Even the advertised SA3235 is a cheaper movement than the much better VS3235 and VR3235. But the movement shipped in this piece is in another whole category of cheapness. It's not even a true clone 3235, lucky to be worth $50. The price of the rep at $288 should have been a clue that the movement was not going to be top tier, but what was received is not what was advertised and is certainly not acceptable.

Ryan has always treated me right, I hope you can come to an agreement. I'm sure he didn't know. For future purchases, it pays to buy higher end reps like VSF or CLEAN. All reps can have issues but with a higher end one you won't end up with this kind of junk.
Yes, thanks for your advise🙏 next is Clean or VSF!!
And I'm 100% sure that Ryan didn't know what kind of movement was in the watch.
But he does advertise the product. I bought the watch from him. That's why I saw responsibility in him.
Honestly, I'm not interested in how he settles with APSF. That's the deal between Intime and APSF. I mean someone must have disassembled the watch, removed the SA3235 movement and installed the cheap movement.
But it would be sad if I was the one who had to pay for it. I know the replica market is not a regulated market and I don't expect the same guarantees as in a regular watch shop.

Of course, I would have wished for easier and more solution-oriented communication with Ryan After back and forth with Ryan, he finally agreed to send me a replacement. So i dont have to take the risk of sending the watch back 🙏

And again, anyone who is able to check the movement of their replica should do so. Or have it checked by the QC photos before.
Specially APSF Rolex Replicas where the caseback isnt transparent.

Reactions: Daytona22

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
It's much more likely that your watch never had an SA3235 in it. APSF probably has a cheaper line (which Ryan doesn't offer) and the factory filled your order with one of those, maybe unintentionally, maybe not. This is not a completely uncommon occurrence in the rep world. Always a good idea to have a TD check the movement especially when incidents like your become known.

Reactions: Jeremy83

Jeremy83

Known Member
26/3/18
EU
It's much more likely that your watch never had an SA3235 in it. APSF probably has a cheaper line (which Ryan doesn't offer) and the factory filled your order with one of those, maybe unintentionally, maybe not. This is not a completely uncommon occurrence in the rep world. Always a good idea to have a TD check the movement especially when incidents like your become known.
I would like to write to every forum member with an APSF Rolex and ask them to check the movement. I would really like to know if I'm an isolated case

Jeremy83

Known Member
26/3/18
EU
update: intime has managed to assert itself at APSF. These are the new QC photos. At my request (from now on forever) a photo with the caseback open. That looks a lot better

Jeremy83

Known Member
26/3/18
EU
finally, the watch i ordered has arrived. Thanks to RWI who were significantly involved in the solution. The fact that I still got what I paid for brings a lot of security and trust back into the RepGame.
It's a pity that it took a little pressure to find a solution, but all's well that ends well 🙏

PS: to all those who were upset why I make a problem out of it or that I should just leave it at that and live with the watch, this matter could possibly be a motivation for you guys not to accept everything that happens to you in life, but to fight for what you deserve, be it here in the RepGame or in real life ;)

Reactions: pam63C

Feefo

Your cleverness is mistaken for your cleverness
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
PS: to all those who were upset why I make a problem out of it or that I should just leave it at that and live with the watch, this matter could possibly be a motivation for you guys not to accept everything that happens to you in life, but to fight for what you deserve, be it here in the RepGame or in real life ;)
If we want to make a lessons learned out of this, sure what you say has some merit, but foremost this tells us that there are processes and channels to follow BEFORE starting a TD bashing session with escalating animosity. A review after the fact with all details and impressions revisited with some cooler blood would have been the best contribution to the community.

Jeremy83

Known Member
26/3/18
EU
I agree with you 100%. Unfortunately, since the previous communication with the TD did not bring any solution, I opened the thread. Of course I'm happy that it worked now, but of course I would have wished for this result earlier, before I publicly communicated it here in the forum

Feefo

Your cleverness is mistaken for your cleverness
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
I agree with you 100%. Unfortunately, since the previous communication with the TD did not bring any solution, I opened the thread. Of course I'm happy that it worked now, but of course I would have wished for this result earlier, before I publicly communicated it here in the forum
You should've opened a helpdesk ticket first. Now we know, lesson learned, we can hope that people will read and know what to do in similar cases.
In any case an interesting find about the wrong movement and good info on that.

Reactions: Jeremy83

Goodey

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/9/15
I'm at a loss here....

Do you not get QC pics anymore then? I have ordered two watches in the past from Ryan and always got qc pics but it's was many years ago (both watches still working flawless)

Jeremy83

Known Member
26/3/18
EU
I'm at a loss here....

Do you not get QC pics anymore then? I have ordered two watches in the past from Ryan and always got qc pics but it's was many years ago (both watches still working flawless)
did you get qc photos of the movement? So with the caseback open?