• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Which of you are hockey fans?

BEAU

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
19/7/10
Its that time of year again..NHL tickets on the way..pre season game. 3 hour drive, awesome downtown room with a view, dinner at the ACC platinum club
platinum seats, third row from the ice, close up of the players!!
Popcorn that cost $7 a bag, beer that is $15 , delivered to your seat!! Autographed jerseys,fights, blood, lots of noise. Anyone else get excited about NHL hockey..even if you're watching it from the comfort of your sofa??

deloreandmc

I'm Pretty Popular
23/10/09
"Autographed jerseys,fights, blood, lots of noise."

Wait, you are a woman right?

AJthePlumber

Known Member
16/6/10
I have Kings season tickets and play 4 nights a week. Not many of us in Los Angeles :) If you're from Vancouver I don't want to talk about playoffs :)

By-Tor

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/06
My favorite sports. Used to play a little in a local junior club when I was a kid, too.

Even though I'm European, I follow NHL religiously. It's the best & most international professional sports league in the world.

Anopsis

I'm Pretty Popular
5/8/09
Kentucky is an unlikely place for hockey fans. My wife & I are kinda' lonely in this regard.

Took just a moment ago, for you Beau:

Image2.jpg

Notice the puck in my hand!

Actually, since I've complained about the size of my hands/wrists and why I have to wear large watches, here's a just-for-fun pic of the puck - still in my hand.

Image1.jpg

rooster133

Mythical Poster
Advisor
25/7/08
I love ice hockey! I played it for a few years in Switzerland when I was younger. But sadly, I'm not an NHL fan. I still just follow the Swiss league. Yeah, I know... I know... :SLEEP:

BEAU

Banned
19/7/10
Yes I'm a woman..what we can't enjoy a good fight now and then??
Actually I kinda have to love hockey..both my boys play competitively. We travel quite a bit. One has been captain of his team for two years in a row now (not that I'm a bragging mom or anything). He dreams of being in the NHL one day..who knows!
Thanks for sharing your jersey and puck Anopsis. We have a couple of NHL pucks that were thrown over the glass after a game..the kids were lucky not to get knocked out by one! lol
I mostly go for the popcorn..but hockey is so much bettter LIVE when we're talking NHL. Of course I love watching my boys play..I live at the arena for 9 months out of the year!

gw4k

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
28/8/10
I used to follow the Panthers religiously, until the lockout.

I have not been to another hockey game since then.

I grew up on the Beezer, Jovo-cop, Niedermayer. Epic Stanley cup vs Roy and Avalanche (bleh!)

I have been tempted a few times to go, but have not.

I am now a Miami Heat season holder, so I do not think I am going back to hockey anytime soon...

BEAU

Banned
19/7/10
In Canada, there is only one sport..HOCKEY..or at least the way I see it anyway!!

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
In the words of the immortal Al Berg: I'm not a hockey fan, I'm a fight fan! :lol:
Hey there good lookin' :ahw:

Col.

Anopsis

I'm Pretty Popular
5/8/09
I always liked the saying "I went to a fight and a hockey game broke out".

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
Go Stars!!!

I'm a Texan - never played, but love going to the games.

Beau - hockey, fights, beer, and watches? I nominate you to be the official RWI Dream Girl!!!

WatchDoc

I'm Pretty Popular
15/2/10
"Autographed jerseys,fights, blood, lots of noise."

Wait, you are a woman right?

Dude, she's a Canadian. Talking about hockey. Need you ask?

Just do us a favor, and DON'T start asking about Shuffleboard, I mean Curling. :SLEEP:
Tell me THAT isn't an excuse to drink.

And. GO FLYERS! Saw them beat NJ in OT last year. The goal was at our end. It was SO awesome.

BEAU

Banned
19/7/10
Go Stars!!!

I'm a Texan - never played, but love going to the games.

Beau - hockey, fights, beer, and watches? I nominate you to be the official RWI Dream Girl!!!
Thanks Levelman..yes I like hockey, fights, beer (good Canadian beer that is) and of course watches..along with many other things. Like Doc said.."I am Canadian"!!

Dude, she's a Canadian. Talking about hockey. Need you ask?

Just do us a favor, and DON'T start asking about Shuffleboard, I mean Curling. :SLEEP:
Tell me THAT isn't an excuse to drink.

And. GO FLYERS! Saw them beat NJ in OT last year. The goal was at our end. It was SO awesome.

I had platinum tickets (3rd row from the ice) for this Friday night's game in Toronto, against the Flyers, but had to give them up because my youngest son has an early morning hockey practice that he didn't want to miss (we would have to stay overnight in Toronto Friday night, since it's about a 3.5 hr drive one way). Oh well!!
I do have platinum seats again for the Leafs vs. Ottawa on Thanksgiving weekend, October 9th. Whoo-hoo!! Hockey fever has now begun!!

Oh..and the best part about having platinum seats is that some dude brings me my beer ($15 a shot), but i don't have to get out of my seat for anything..well except to pee!!

katt

Trusted (Watch Repair)
Trusted Dealer
Vendor (Watch Repair)
14/9/09
Best game on the planet

As a Minnesota guy --born and raised , I grew up with hockey . As a youngster my father brought me to the Met Sports Center for North Star games . In 80-81 they went to the cup finals and again in 93 . The franchise moved to Dallas and a few years later we got the expansion -Wild . Excited to start the season anew. The Wild open in Helsinki . Every scheduled game will be televised . Since the early 80s, I have played hockey at local arenas-- just luv it luv it ! There's no other game like it on earth .

countit

22/5/10
The Spectrum... Gene, Bobby, Bernie, The Hammer, ... The list goes on...

[BLINK]GO FLYERS![/BLINK]

[AME]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLxRM50ZEJ0[/AME]