• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

A movement question...

Bronzy

I'm Pretty Popular
4/12/09
Hope this is ok to ask, I remember seeing a thread a while back with detailed photos showing the difference between swiss ETA's and Asian ones, but I can't find it now :( ...

Anyhow, was wondering if anyone can verify if this movement is an actual swiss ETA... I know these photos are not great, just thought I'd see if anyone can tell... it's a 2836-2 I believe...

And if you can link me to that other thread thanks!

Pics:

DSCF5344.jpg

DSCF5349.jpg

DSCF5348.jpg

DSCF5347.jpg

DSCF5346.jpg

DSCF5345.jpg

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
I'm thinking gen. The reversing wheels look right and the main barrel is the right dull finish and the + at the regulator isn't hanging over the edge like on a lot of clones. You need a close up of the shock system to be sure. Look for 3 holes around the jewel

Here's one of those pictures:
eta28362vscopyeta28362sy3.jpg

COLDI

Mythical Poster
Advisor
Certified
23/9/08
kbh...thats the pics i've been looking in my pb for! I see two holes...(second biggest pic) and i thought gen had 3?

Bronzy

I'm Pretty Popular
4/12/09
Thanks for the help so far guys, I'll have to open it up again and take a look. One other thing is I believe this watch is like 5 years old, so I don't know if that means anything or not. I just want to know for sure in case I ever sell the thing.

Bronzy

I'm Pretty Popular
4/12/09
Ok, I reopened the caseback...

The Large gear is definitely a brushed gear. It appears that on the other 2 smaller gears in the picture above that there are multiple holes circling the entire disc, so my guess would be 6 holes each disk. I'm not sure what I am looking for around the jewel though, so I can't say on that one...

D

d4m.test

This is exactly why I loudly and proudly shout to buy the clone! I love the ROLEX written on the rotor! Yet the movement is stamped with ETA!

Bronzy

I'm Pretty Popular
4/12/09
This is exactly why I loudly and proudly shout to buy the clone! I love the ROLEX written on the rotor! Yet the movement is stamped with ETA!

yes, but I got the watch with swiss movement for $125... either way I win ;)

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07

Normally you an peel those Rolex metal stickers right off.