• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

2018 new Santos

JohnnyBlack

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
Certified
9/9/22

I was wondering how good dial is on this model? On gen it looks like more brushed metal, while on rep it look like flat grey or black. I never seen this model in person, only on pictures so I'm not sure about it. Thanks for help!

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/5/16
The gen grey / black dials are more textured on the center square. I bought me one on eBay for around 200. I think it's worth the upgrade.

frankdux1987

Certified
27/8/18

TempusAnonymous

Horology Curious
10/11/22
Looks gorgeous, the Blue PVD Bezel is such a good edition to the Santos line. No longer are minor scratches on the bezel heart breaking.
I'm so torn between that your version with the Blue Dial or the White Dial Version.
Other than looks was there any particular reason you didn't go for the White Dial? Like is it known to have any faults, is the colour off or poorly finished or something?
Thanks and congrats on getting a great looking watch.

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/5/16
I got the new blue PVD model from GF and I'm supper happy with it. Almost 1:1 with gen, I think.

TempusAnonymous

Horology Curious
10/11/22
I got the new blue PVD model from GF and I'm supper happy with it. Almost 1:1 with gen, I think.
Thanks for the review mate, yeah I think I'll go with the Blue Dial Variant seems to be the one people go for and I've heard nothing but good things. Trustytime has them for $468 which seems fair I think. Unless someone on here tells me otherwise.

Reactions: leo6929

derrickcrash

Known Member
7/12/20
I am ordering the Blue GF but I can't tell if the frosting along the crystal is passable or not. If I can humbly ask for a 2nd opinion from someone that has recently bought one, this can solidify my reason to accept it or release it. Thanks

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/5/16
The frosting is normal, however the beveling of the crystal is pretty uneven. I have yet to see a perfect beveling, though. This seems to be one of the biggest shortcoming of every single factory.

Reactions: derrickcrash

Ferrichie

Horology Curious
12/5/22
Hi all, this is my first time buying with Reptime.

I chose BVF instead of GF because:

1. GF’s thick crystal and uneven edges blasting
2. There’s no more floating “R” with BVF, some TDs can source you although they dont guarantee
3. The bezel’s bolt on GF, somehow IMO wayyy to close with to edge of bezel (in size Large), and BVF is closer to gen as gen has slight gap between the bezel’s bolt to the edge
4. BVF uses real screws and bolts while GF glued it.
5. BVF famous with fallen cabochon (easy fix) while GF famous with fallen screws. I think this is personal preference
6. Some people mentioned that BVF fits gen strap, while GF too but you have to force it a bit
7. Downside is I have read that 2 people dropped his BVF Santos due to loose bracelet. Hopefully mine’s not.

Question:

1. Do you think the bolt on the bezel is way too far from the edge? I take note that FEB 20 BVF has closer to the edge bolt while DEC 19 has slight gap. Which one do you prefer?
2. Is the date is not centered and slightly to the right? But I checked the single digit date its ok

Help me with this QC, Any noticeable flaws?
Thank you

This is FEB 20 BVF ⬇️

derrickcrash

Known Member
7/12/20
The frosting is normal, however the beveling of the crystal is pretty uneven. I have yet to see a perfect beveling, though. This seems to be one of the biggest shortcoming of every single factory.
Thank you sir for taking a look. I mentioned the bevelling to Sead (TD) as well. He's sent it back and will procure a new watch

mister_mayhem

9/9/21
Havent tried on 3kf yet. 3kf doesnt come with a free leather strap like the GF does (like come on 3kf why?)
I am hoping to try on a GF leather strap on my 3kf first before going for gen strap or delugs aftermarket. If anyone has no need for their GG leather strap for santos medium, let me know!
Hi,
I have had GF Santos Medium. The leather strap that came with it fell apart very quickly, so I throw it away...
Most of the bolts on the metal bracelet were recessed or unevenly glued...
As far as I can see on your 3kf the bolts on your model are pretty well and evenly placed? Is that correct? What's your thoughts on how your bracelet integrates to the watch (backside)?

Thank you in advance! Now I'm sorry I threw away the leather strap, could have been usefull to you :)

Reactions: rockdaytona

MambaMentality60

8/24
Certified
30/5/20
Australia
Hi,
I have had GF Santos Medium. The leather strap that came with it fell apart very quickly, so I throw it away...
Most of the bolts on the metal bracelet were recessed or unevenly glued...
As far as I can see on your 3kf the bolts on your model are pretty well and evenly placed? Is that correct? What's your thoughts on how your bracelet integrates to the watch (backside)?

Thank you in advance! Now I'm sorry I threw away the leather strap, could have been usefull to you :)
Yes the bolts looked well evenly placed to me no issues, and the bracelet attaches onto the watch easily. However I did hear some member here who also has a 3kf said it was difficult to swap in/out the bracelet on his. Be sure to ask your TD to QC these things if you have a good relationship.

Reactions: mister_mayhem

JohnnyBlack

Supporter
Certified
9/9/22
Why is this model not consider NWBIG here on RWI? I was in AD and I saw GF rep in hand and difference is only minor, and you would need both watches to compare.

Reactions: rockdaytona