• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF 15202 Modded by Legend

dkongey

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/6/21
Way overdue from me, just wanted to share some pics and some side-by-side with a gen 15202. The ZF, after mods by legend , is a beauty in itself, and I've been wearing it very often.

Mods done by legend:
- Movement silence
- Bevel and polish case, and bracelet edges
- Hands mod
- Align and polish bezel screws
- Movement was also subsequently serviced and cleaned

ZF date is at 30, gen at 24.

Nono92

I'm Pretty Popular
24/11/21
Great ! Not necessary to spend 32000€ after that...

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
dkongey, fantastic pics, thank you very much. I would be dying for a short video of both watches on your palm capturing them from different angles and under various lighting conditions. I have a legend modded ZF 15202 rep, too, and I'd like to figure out if it's yet worth buying the gen for me (just joking :angel:).

Swiss_goupil

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
Eventho Legend work is truly amazing, there is a sharpness and shine the rep just can’t replicate

Both are absolutely gorgeous in their own way

Thank you for the pictures, very much appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albiful

1/6/22
Love that 4th pic showing the difference in color given the slightly different angle!
I don't know why reps can't get the bezel screws dimension right, it can't be that difficult :confused:

Reactions: Nono92

dkongey

28/6/21
FWIW it’s actually not easy to tell if you’re looking at the rep alone and even then one would have to be familiar with the gen to really instantly recognise the rep.

the other stuff around shine and all, again you won’t be able to tell (in general) unless it’s a side by side comparison.

That’s my experience (or lack of) anyway, haha.
I’ll try to post some videos up soon.

Albiful

1/6/22
I think it would be interesting to see a side-by-side picture of the back of the watch as well, for newbies like me it would be beneficial in understanding the immediate differences between gen and rep movements

KOT1917

Put Some Respect On My Name
26/7/19
Russian federation
I guess the gist of this thread is to first show the modified ZF 15202 compared to the GEN, while (as far as I know) all modifications are only to the front of the clock. Therefore, to see how they differ from behind, you just need to compare the stock ZF with GEN, and this was discussed, in particular, here:

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...extra-thin-15202st-comparison-zf-vs-xf-vs-gen

I'm sure the OP will add photos of himself if he can and/or see fit in the same lighting conditions, but in general there's no problem comparing photos from the internet as it's not as close as all want.

PiagetandPills

Central to nowhere
10/6/22
U.K.
This is really impressive. There will always be clear differences between even the top reps and gen. But as most people will never see them side by side, this passes the test. Great rep man.

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14
Any reason he didn't mod the hour hand pinion flaw?

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

dkongey

28/6/21
philwongnz Nono92 You mean the pizza base? I had it modded, here's a more frontal shot (you can find stock ZF15202 photos and see it's even larger). Perhaps there're varying degrees to how thin it can go for different batches. legend is probably better suited to answer this :)!

​​​​​​​

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Any reason he didn't mod the hour hand pinion flaw?
Yes, good question ! Maybe it was not a problem for dkongey ...

I did do the hand base mod actually, to the best that I can.

Each batch of ZF (or XF) 15202 has different tolerance for the hand base width, with regard to how much they can be trimmed or modded.
These are also done by hand, so results may vary slightly from piece to piece.
The resulting hand base will always be smaller than the stock ZF one.

W47chl0v3r

PM for 5402 inquiries
Supporter
Certified
29/8/19
For me the hands kill it, they are so different

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gen hands are a must for the 15202 to pull it off. Smallest detail but biggest impact once you see how they affect the whole look of the watch.

Reactions: Erinoush