• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean 4130 Daytonas.

Sdc83

Renowned Member
20/1/13
It does appear that the subdials doesn’t look as fat as the v1. Kind of hard to tell without a direct side by side caparison with a gen. Can anyone confirm if the subdial issue is now corrected on the v2.

Any input is appreciated.

Looking at the other photos (all of poor quality) on Andrew’s website I think that the subdials are not ok yet, unfortunately. In addition to the size (I still see it too wide) I am not convinced by the finishes

Tiger4

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
26/1/21
Looking at the other photos (all of poor quality) on Andrew’s website I think that the subdials are not ok yet, unfortunately. In addition to the size (I still see it too wide) I am not convinced by the finishes

Thanks for the info. I’ll hold off on the purchase of the 520 for now. I know the lighting can create an illusion of the subdial size. The best way to know for sure is if someone has both in hand or direct side by side comparison photo with a gen.

Reactions: tlander13 and Sdc83

Sdc83

Renowned Member
20/1/13
Thanks for the info. I’ll hold off on the purchase of the 520 for now. I know the lighting can create an illusion of the subdial size. The best way to know for sure is if someone has both in hand or direct side by side comparison photo with a gen.

I agree with you. From photos it is always difficult to judge correctly

rocketman1

Known Member
1/10/18
I actually sold my CF Daytona because when i had a gen Daytona in my hand playing around with it i used the opportunity to unscrew the chrono pushers. Damn, they were so nice, tight and solid during screwing. Tried again the CF when i came back home and was so dissappointed.... Knowing how this feels on the Gen is a dead giveaway when give the watch out to a friend due to the wobbly flimsy feeling......

Last edited:

RX7GP

🦁
Supporter
Patron
Certified
16/2/16
I actually sold my CF Daytona because when i had a gen Daytona in my hand playing around with it i used the opportunity to unscrew the chrono pushers. Damn, they were so nice, tight and solid during screwing. Tried again the CF when i came back home and was so dissappointed.... Knowing how this feels on the Gen is a dead giveaway when give the watch out to a friend due to the wobbly flimsy feeling......

So were you expecting same feeling from a $800 rep?

Storm.

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
14/2/20

I think it's rather a problem with the perception you have. My noob felt exactly like Gen, the CF feels almost the same, 90%.

The gens my friend and my dad have felt exactly like my noob 100%, I replaced my noob ones with gen pushers, but they still feel identical to before.

rocketman1

Known Member
1/10/18
I think it's rather a problem with the perception you have. My noob felt exactly like Gen, the CF feels almost the same, 90%.

The gens my friend and my dad have felt exactly like my noob 100%, I replaced my noob ones with gen pushers, but they still feel identical to before.

Thanks for your feedback, but for me it really was night and day difference. Example: When you unscrew the gen, the unwinding feeling was buttersmooth and firm at the same time, there was a buttersmooth resistence durin anscreing. The CF was so loose that you can almost spin the screw during unwinding process. Hope i was able to explain what i mean...

Anyway a great rep of course. But not "bulletproof"...

Storm.

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
14/2/20
Thanks for your feedback, but for me it really was night and day difference. Example: When you unscrew the gen, the unwinding feeling was buttersmooth and firm at the same time, there was a buttersmooth resistence durin anscreing. The CF was so loose that you can almost spin the screw during unwinding process. Hope i was able to explain what i mean...

Anyway a great rep of course. But not "bulletproof"...

I know what you mean, but there is not much difference between my cf and my gen pushers.
It does not 100% have the same resistance I get what you mean, but to be honest: nobody will ask you to take off your Daytona and unscrew your pushers.

AnExpensiveBracelet

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/4/22
I know what you mean, but there is not much difference between my cf and my gen pushers.
It does not 100% have the same resistance I get what you mean, but to be honest: nobody will ask you to take off your Daytona and unscrew your pushers.

The one time someone asked how much I got the RO 15400 for, I said I got a good deal on this $50 watch from a guy in trench coat at the gas station,

Reactions: Storm. and mmaggi

Storm.

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
14/2/20
The one time someone asked how much I got the RO 15400 for, I said I got a good deal on this $50 watch from a guy in trench coat at the gas station,

Lol I do that too

Where'd you get it? China. How much did you pay? Around a hundred.

Reactions: mmaggi

RiffRalf

Renowned Member
10/7/19
USA
Instatell!! INSTATELL !!!

Uhr70

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/13
USA
TBH the last time I took off my watch (a gen 116613 LB) to let a friend see it, I ended up with microfine scratches all over the case back as a result of my friend sliding it over his 2 gold bracelets in order to properly position my 'two weeks old' Submariner over his wrist. I was so upset, I promised myself to never let anyone try on my watch (gen or rep) again. 6 years and counting.

Last edited:

Storm.

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
14/2/20
Here we go again with discarding a very good rep because “if a friend handles it he’ll know it’s fake”

Good luck trying to pass off reps as genuines with your friends buddy :p

This guy is very dangerous. He has seen Rolex watches online. He's the very best at saying you're wearing a fake.

I have encountered his kind before, I was wearing my gen Sub and he was quick to say it's a fake once he glanced at my wrist.

I immediately sold it and went to wempe to complain about R Factory having instant tells.

Storm.

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
14/2/20
TBH the last time I took off my watch (a gen 116613 LB) to let a friend see it, I ended up with microfine scratches all over the case back as a result of my friend sliding my watch over his 2 gold bracelets in order to properly position my two weeks old Submariner on his wrist. I was so upset and promise myself to never let anyone try on my watch (gen or rep) again. 6 years and counting.

The ONLY ONLY time I took off my watch to give to somebody was when I was inspecting a A Lange from a customer, because it was so beautiful and 1815 Handwerkskunst is my grail, and i felt obligated to take my Daytona off and hand it to him as kind of a "here hold mine as I inspect yours in case I break it" type thing lol

AnExpensiveBracelet

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/4/22
This QC photo got me stocked! nicely curved 3 dots on the crown.... was expecting a straight line from Clean.. this is a very pleasant surprise!

The watch arrived, an absolute beauty, all the flaws suddenly went missing when I'm wearing it instead of looking at a zoomed in close up photo...

I do notice something though, the subdial's reflection looks to be colourful/rainbow, especialyl under my house's 4000k spotlights... does this happen for the gen?

Uhr70

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/13
USA
The watch arrived, an absolute beauty, all the flaws suddenly went missing when I'm wearing it instead of looking at a zoomed in close up photo...

I do notice something though, the subdial's reflection looks to be colourful/rainbow, especialyl under my house's 4000k spotlights... does this happen for the gen?

Can you take a picture? I have the gen 116520 white dial and would be happy to post pics for comparison :)