• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The VSF Submariners Thread

wolfiqar

6/6/20
United Kingdom
I did notice the little long oval pieces the schematics call "Slides" ( my watch, only came with 1) and it was black plastic. I've seen other pictures where they appear to be metal? It would be really nice If I could just buy the "'Glidelock Link' only as seen on the schematic…

Funny you say that, my VSF Cookie Monster only came with 1 slide thing lol. Which was black plastic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ForecastMax

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
27/12/12
No not at all, i hardly wear the Cookie Monster wonder if there is any alternative parts to replace the black plastic piece.

[mention]LDWATCH [/mention] you just need a set of glidelock shoes, part number for 116610 is B32-33419-Y2, I believe they are the same for 126610. Aftermarket parts should be available

Reactions: WatchSmith.US

LDWATCH

Wannabe
4/1/22
Left Coast USA
No not at all, i hardly wear the Cookie Monster wonder if there is any alternative parts to replace the black plastic piece.

Well there is....kind of.. It's called DUCT TAPE ! LOL. Seriously I rolled very small pieces of duct tape onto the ends of the spring bars and forced them between the glidelock and the side groove of the clasp. It is actually very stable especially when the clasp is locked and the protruding piece on the glidelock link seats into the bottom groove on the inside of the clasp. Of course his takes away the adjustability aspect but is secure and wearable (not like I'm adjusting the clasp all the time). That said, while the little pieces of duct tape are not very noticeable, I'd really rather not have even my rep watch held together with duct tape. lol

Reactions: wolfiqar

Spiral_Cabbage

12/2/18
Conus
I have read that ARF makes a superior bracelet, (or at least a better glidelock). I think I would entertain that idea but I have not seen an ARF 126610LN, do they make one? I would think at the very least the TD would be able to source me a working 126610LN VSF clasp only? I did notice the little long oval pieces the schematics call "Slides" ( my watch, only came with 1) and it was black plastic. I've seen other pictures where they appear to be metal? It would be really nice If I could just buy the "'Glidelock Link' only as seen on the schematic, but that ain't going to happen

I just received my VSF 116610LN yesterday and this made me check. They are cheap plastic. Here they are side by side with some metal ones. Of course, the metal ones are thicker and don't fit.

LDWATCH

Wannabe
4/1/22
Left Coast USA

I just received my VSF 116610LN yesterday and this made me check. They are cheap plastic. Here they are side by side with some metal ones. Of course, the metal ones are thicker and don't fit.

Are those metal ones gen or from a different factory bracelet?

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
I may be wrong but I'm sure I read gen uses plastic shoes like above and is a serviceable part..?

ForecastMax

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
27/12/12
Are those metal ones gen or from a different factory bracelet?

[mention]StreetFighter [/mention] You’re correct

[mention]LDWATCH [/mention] I posted the gen part number above replying to you directly.

They are like a rubberized plastic on gen, rep are the same just inferior much like many of the other rep parts.

Why anyone would want metal on metal or thinks that would be a good idea is beyond me

LDWATCH

Wannabe
4/1/22
Left Coast USA
[mention]StreetFighter [/mention] You’re correct

[mention]LDWATCH [/mention] I posted the gen part number above replying to you directly.

They are like a rubberized plastic on gen, rep are the same just inferior much like many of the other rep parts.

Why anyone would want metal on metal or thinks that would be a good idea is beyond me

I agree, metal on metal doesn't seem like a good design, I just wish my watch had come with 2 of them. And also the spring bar is only springy on one side.
I googled the part number you gave me and found this on Chrono24, it says they are gen and look like plastic. And they certainly have a "Gen" price! lol That's a lot of money for a couple of pieces of small plastic, even by Rolex standards.

https://www.chrono24.com/rolex/beze...16660-97200-97220-98220-97400--id16716286.htm

ForecastMax

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
27/12/12
I agree, metal on metal doesn't seem like a good design, I just wish my watch had come with 2 of them. And also the spring bar is only springy on one side.
I googled the part number you gave me and found this on Chrono24, it says they are gen and look like plastic. And they certainly have a "Gen" price! lol That's a lot of money for a couple of pieces of small plastic, even by Rolex standards.

https://www.chrono24.com/rolex/beze...16660-97200-97220-98220-97400--id16716286.htm

I know. Parts prices suuuuuck especially now. My advice would be to get a cheap aftermarket clasp & break it down for parts. They can be found on ebay or etsy. Maybe $30?

LDWATCH

Wannabe
4/1/22
Left Coast USA
I know. Parts prices suuuuuck especially now. My advice would be to get a cheap aftermarket clasp & break it down for parts. They can be found on ebay or etsy. Maybe $30?

Yup,,,I just ordered a clasp on Etsy yesterday for $30. It's not for the 126610, but you would think those little glides would be the same, but I'm worried about the springbar. I'll update how it goes when I get it.

LDWATCH

Wannabe
4/1/22
Left Coast USA

So if I buy those Gen little plastic glide pieces (that cost Rolex maybe 5 cents to make), for $227 and put them on my watch, can I then sell it M2M and call it a Franken?;)

reptastical21

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/3/20
UPDATE
Still ticking, 100% waterproof

My VSF has been to the beach several times since being purchased. Holds up perfectly against the ocean saltwater. No issues. Very happy with it. Just make sure to rinse well with fresh water afterwards.

Last edited:
Reactions: alfajor

reptastical21

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/3/20
I ordered a VSF 116610 recently from intime, it was from that random "limited" batch that he received post raid. Does anyone else have one of these? How do you feel it compares to the pre-raid batches? Clasp code reads "6SH"

Usernametaken

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
31/5/18
I’ve got a pre raid 114060 and a post raid 116610lv. I don’t notice any difference in feel or quality. I opened it up to check the serial in the movement. Def a vsf

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
Still waiting to receive my post raid watch - LB. It’s in the country now so with a little bit of luck I should have it on Monday.

Usernametaken

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
31/5/18
d4373ac1e621ebf36e3d3affe0de40b8.jpg

Rocked mine for the first time on a sunny day. Very distracting while driving.