• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

MAJOR Ploprof Issue!!

sfa437

Medium Speed - Some Drag
Patron
Certified
29/7/08
Long Island NY
Do NOT get your Ploprof wet.

The crystals are of laminate construction- sapphire on top mineral on bottom. This has been confirmed by two dealers. The adhesive is apparently water based.

I thought this was important enough news to post here to make sure the word got out- don't want anyone's looking like mine...

100_2639.jpg

100_2635.jpg

The bezel just has fingerprints but the concentric circles of the crystal de-laminating have spread since these photos were taken.

trksh-bzr

Mythical Poster
Advisor
25/9/09
PRICEDROP!!! title could also be; don't get your ploprof yet!! sorry to hear though!
the big current hype causes me to think that a lot of guys already have or ordered this watch....hope someone can source them a good saphire for replacement...a job for taka perhaps

mapman57

I'm Pretty Popular
2/4/10
Jeeez if this was a Toyota I would be expecting the RECALL letter to drop on the may any moment......great share SFA

PS stick with that super UPO in that pool from now on :)

sfa437

Medium Speed - Some Drag
Patron
Certified
29/7/08
Long Island NY
It totally stinks as the rest of the watch is built like a missle sub!

Who would have thought- waterproof case but leaks into the crystal itself??

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
Thanks Sfa. I hope Taka can get up to speed on this quick. Good luck brother. :)

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
Thanks for the report sfa!

sfa437

Medium Speed - Some Drag
Patron
Certified
29/7/08
Long Island NY
Thanks R2.

If Taka does decide to do a run of these could ya kick me a PM? I only get on here every so often.

sfa437

Medium Speed - Some Drag
Patron
Certified
29/7/08
Long Island NY
I'm looking onto seeing if the 21j crystal will fit. It's mineral but it's solid which will solve the issue of water based adhesives holding the effing thing together :lol:

sfa437

Medium Speed - Some Drag
Patron
Certified
29/7/08
Long Island NY
They're not diver's watches. They're replicas of diver's watches.

That's messed up sfa.

Yeah it's a rep.... but a water based adhesive on any watch is nuts :lol:

Someone on RWG got his wet and didn't have the same issue but the fact that it exists should be enough to keep people from dunking theirs.

sfa437

Medium Speed - Some Drag
Patron
Certified
29/7/08
Long Island NY
Yeah I know- using Elmers as crystal adhesive :lol:

Wish I could figure out how to get the damn bezel off. Been driving me nuts all day!

ricciola73s

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/6/10
Thanks SFA437, your testimoniance are very important for the community.
I think that if the dealers not talk with Factory and resolve this big problem of PLoprof is not good affair buy one!
The ploprof are a diver watch, if i not go to dive with it, are failed watch!
Also on the web site of dealer are write on the ploprof feature that this watch are diver!
So i attend what do you think the ADMIN of community!
For me PLOPROF i attend that factory resolve this problems!

amptor

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
1/5/07
wow that is garbage. if i bought this watch first thing i'd be doing is getting it wet, although not diving....ugh..glad I didn't buy one.

jiddy

Renowned Member
15/4/10
This is equal hilarious and sad...
Seriously fubar o_O
Guess they were REALLY in a hurry to get the watch out.
Buying V1´s seems very much of a gamble, close to pull the trigger on one to give to my brother, but think I will wait quite some time more it seems...

Hope you get the crystal sorted out sfa!

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
Possible fix is to separate the glass, clear out the glue and epoxy them back using Gorila glue.