• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Honest Review: The Clean Pepsi Sucks

tlander13

1/11/20
USA
These are always such shit responses. "Not happy with your 500$ watch? Go buy a $10,000 one". Did you even see my video? It would be one thing if there was just one bit off. But there's not. Every comment on here is recommending basically spending between 1-300 bucks to get the watch to a stable state. That's crazy. That's not a good watch. I get what reps are supposed to be, but it's okay to admit when we have shitty ones. The best part of this watch is probably the dial and case, but that should be how we talk about it.

These are always such shit threads - it is a bit naïve to believe that you're going to get perfection out of a $500 rep made by underpaid Chinese workers. If you want perfect - yes - go buy the $10,000 watch. I was very happy to get something in between for the $500 CF watch + 2 minutes of my time to realign the bezel insert + a new crystal + $75 click spring.

There are numerous great RWI members on this very thread saying what a big improvement the CFs are over prior factories (e.g. Noob versions), so I will leave things there. // unsubscribe

stanleebobyolo

Known Member
2/10/19
These are always such shit threads - it is a bit naïve to believe that you're going to get perfection out of a $500 rep made by underpaid Chinese workers. If you want perfect - yes - go buy the $10,000 watch. I was very happy to get something in between for the $500 CF watch + 2 minutes of my time to realign the bezel insert + a new crystal + $75 click spring.

There are numerous great RWI members on this very thread saying what a big improvement the CFs are over prior factories (e.g. Noob versions), so I will leave things there. // unsubscribe

No offense, but good. Please leave. This is not my first rep, nor my first GMT rep. I know where expectations should be. The thread on CF, nor any of the VR movement watches, does not mention any of these problem, besides people being unhappy with the amount of grease in the bezel.

I am aware that rep crystals are not great. I wasn't really saying that's why its shit (although its worth pointing out, its not as good as what VSF did). But hey, if I'm going to compare my VSF starbucks to this CF pepsi

VSF did not need new crystal
VSF did not need bezel re-aligned
VSF did not need a new click spring
VSF did need bezel painting
VSF did need a service

So there, comparing a 400$ watch to a 500$, the 500 is worse. On top of that, the jumping movement is crazy. I'd love to see some other user videos to convince me I'm not crazy. So far most people don't even seem surprised by my video, just disappointed. Is that because this is normal? In that case, it's still shit, because as I can clearly show you in my first post, the VSF omega GMT is miles better than my CF gmt

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
what are the standard sizes of rolex gaskets? have you changed them?

I used the 1.8 / 2.85 Clark's gasket as seen above. The gen crystal comes with (2) 2.7mm gaskets. That will make the date mag too low plus the gen gasket is a tougher material (more dense) and is likely not possible to use with the rep retaining ring. There is just too much bulk to force it down.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Unmodded V2

16433083371930.jpg

ForecastMax

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
27/12/12
I used the 1.8 / 2.85 Clark's gasket as seen above. The gen crystal comes with (2) 2.7mm gaskets. That will make the date mag too low plus the gen gasket is a tougher material (more dense) and is likely not possible to use with the rep retaining ring. There is just too much bulk to force it down.

Hey [mention]KJ2020 [/mention] just to clarify, you used gen 1.8 crystal with 2.85 aftermarket gasket?

I have gen crystal & want to send to watchsmith with the gasket that will work best to avoid complications

stanleebobyolo

Known Member
2/10/19
Why vsf or cf need bezel paint??

I think the VSF probably didnt. But as you can see in mine and KJ200's pics of the CF, the triangle at the 24h mark is discolored. It really stands out in person. But giving the platinum paint to most reps really helps improve the look of the bezel. Much like replacing the crystal just helps change the look for a 300$ rep to a thousand dollar watch

Last edited:

CsViking

Known Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
28/11/21
I think the VSF probably didnt. But as you can see in mine and KJ200's pics of the CF, the triangle at the 24h mark is discolored. It really stands out in person. But giving the platinum paint to most reps really helps improve the look of the bezel. Much like replacing the crystal just helps change the look for a 300$ rep to a thousand dollar watch

I have clean factory submariner and the platinum colour didn’t fade also my vsf and many ppl said that for those who has clean insert fade it’s not fade it’s a dirt… I had vsf for a year can you show me pictures of your clean ? Becouse I didn’t see it in the previews pages I’m sorry if it was there I just didn’t see and I’m not fighting with you I’m trying to understand .. becouse I have no problems

Last edited:

stanleebobyolo

Known Member
2/10/19

You can see it in this pic, there's a weird outline around the triangle. I thought it was just lighting but its almost like theres a plastic scratch protector or something there

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Hey [mention]KJ2020 [/mention] just to clarify, you used gen 1.8 crystal with 2.85 aftermarket gasket?

I have gen crystal & want to send to watchsmith with the gasket that will work best to avoid complications

Yes bro. That combo was best for date mag, which I prioritize. Crystal sitting height was fine too. Also no problem on WP test. I never tried to press the gen gasket because it was a no go for date mag but while it was negligibly thicker, it was way tougher and denser. Since then, I could not press a rep SD43 retaining ring over a gen SD43 crystal and gasket for the same reason. Just not happening. On that one I had to lightly shave (sand) the outer thickness down on the gen gasket since the SD43 crystal is a much less common size and aftermarket gaskets are not plentiful.

jpTpZo.jpg

jkna6p.jpg

That combo I used should be good on a V2 also. You might want to send a 3.0mm Clark's gasket also. The V2 crystal is only 1.60mm.

Last edited:

ForecastMax

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
27/12/12
Yes bro. That combo was best for date mag, which I prioritize.

That combo I used should be good on a V2 also. You might want to send a 3.0mm Clark's gasket also. The V2 crystal is only 1.60mm.

Excellent, thanks for the insight as always!

Reactions: KJ2020

Mark1937

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
25/3/17
Yes bro. That combo was best for date mag, which I prioritize.

Sorry for off topic

For sub 116610 VSF and gen sub crystal wich gasket is better? I used gen gasket inside blister
Is it good for you?

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Sorry for off topic
For sub 116610 VSF and gen sub crystal wich gasket is better? I used gen gasket inside blister
Is it good for you?
jkdkTR.jpg
jkdwb8.jpg

Gen gasket is always better if:

- It yields proper date mag with chosen DW
- It can fit under the retaining ring being used
- Crystal sits at an acceptable height

Yours looks good, this is what I look at for comparison with a random gen

1. Line up the cyclops edges to lock in the scale
2. Slide the image up or down to compare date window size
3. Slide the image up or down to compare date font size.

jkwWL5.jpg

Your date window appears slightly smaller than the random gen, but there are always some minor variations. Your font size couldn't be any closer. I wouldn't think about changing anything as long as the crystal sitting height is close to gen.

stanleebobyolo

Known Member
2/10/19
Yeah to echo kj, the big difference you see between good crystals and bad is less the mag, and more the AR and fisheye. Check out this shot of my parnis, my cf, and my gen. The gen is just perfectly clean, no distortion. It doesnt matter what the mag is, its just about how clean it looks. The gen crystal sitting at a bad height will always look better than a rep with correct mag