• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

GMF V5 GMT Master II 126715CHNR with VR3186

H S

Smuggler
Patron
Certified
10/6/21
USA
I have the JVS Root Beer ordered from Li, but the factory is experiencing a slight delay in delivering the piece. Therefore, I have no QC pics to share. Li hasn’t even seen one in person.

I’m also in the process of ordering the new GMF V5 Root Beer from Li. I had the GMF V3 “wrapped” Root Beer and the finish was less than desirable as soon as I removed the stickers. I had to have it re-plated and I have since sold the piece. I will not order a wrapped version again. I will save my money and stick to the non-wrapped versions when ordering full gold or 2-tone models in the future. However, I did like the looks, color, alignment and operation of the GMF V3. The VR3186 being added to the Root Beer is what peaked my interest and that is the reason that I’m giving the GMF version another shot.

cdodge

Horology Curious
13/12/21
I have the JVS Root Beer ordered from Li, but the factory is experiencing a slight delay in delivering the piece. Therefore, I have no QC pics to share. Li hasn’t even seen one in person.

I’m also in the process of ordering the new GMF V5 Root Beer from Li. I had the GMF V3 “wrapped” Root Beer and the finish was less than desirable as soon as I removed the stickers. I had to have it re-plated and I have since sold the piece. I will not order a wrapped version again. I will save my money and stick to the non-wrapped versions when ordering full gold or 2-tone models in the future. However, I did like the looks, color, alignment and operation of the GMF V3. The VR3186 being added to the Root Beer is what peaked my interest and that is the reason that I’m giving the GMF version another shot.

I ordered the JVS from Trusty and they told me that the factory had no stocks so I changed my order to the GMF V5 wrapped. He said they do have stocks of the GMF V5 and I should be getting my QC pics soon

H S

Smuggler
Patron
Certified
10/6/21
USA
I ordered the JVS from Trusty and they told me that the factory had no stocks so I changed my order to the GMF V5 wrapped. He said they do have stocks of the GMF V5 and I should be getting my QC pics soon

Nice!

Li told me yesterday that my JVS had just been delivered to his warehouse and that I should receive QC pics from Lana in a day or 2. Looks like I’ll be the guniea pig. lol

H S

Smuggler
Patron
Certified
10/6/21
USA
I asked Li about the QC pics again for the JVS this morning. He explained that the piece was rejected because the crystal was free-spinning. He sent me a video of the defect, and while disappointed and now reluctant towards JVS, I had to chuckle. lol Li has ordered a replacement which should arrive in a few days.

Here is a screen grab from the video. The crystal was able to do a complete 360.

Reactions: KJ2020

minota98

RWI Supporter
30/12/21
MY
Extra wrap vs standard... which is the better choice here? Is the extra cash worth it???

Just ordered an extra wrapped RG Root Beer from Geektime Eric from GMF and it is the 3235 movement from the QC pics.

Hope the extra cash of $150 is worth it....

minota98

RWI Supporter
30/12/21
MY
Extra wrap vs standard... which is the better choice here? Is the extra cash worth it???

Just ordered an extra wrapped RG Root Beer from Geektime Eric from GMF and it is the 3235 movement from the QC pics.

​​​​​​​Hope the extra cash of $150 is worth it....

Cadows

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/18
Europe

Hope the extra cash of $150 is worth it....

Im sure its definitely not a 3235 movement

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Apologies guys, noob typo Cadows ForecastMax
its 3285, my bad guys.
jpZQwp.jpg
Bro that movement is a GMF SA3285, which is a proprietary movement based on the inferior SA3135.

It was used in the V3, before GMF abandoned it in favor of the VR3185/6

Compare the balance assemblies of your pic with the much better (and stated) VR movement below. You can see the regulator arm (2 gold dots) is on the opposite side of the beat corrector arm. Also the entire shock absorber mount (in the middle) is gold on the VR.

GMF V3 on top, V5 on bottom
jpjr5P.jpg

So either that's a V3 (normal plating), or a V4/V5 without the advertised best movement installed.

The GMF SA3285 is not a movement I would want in an $800 rep.

Also look at the movement serial numbers, and the rotors are different too. The 3186 engraving is wrong on the VR for the 126711 model, but trust me that isn't worth having on a much worse movement.

jpj9ok.jpg

In case you were wondering the other extra wrapped GMF 126711 CHNR (at $688) is a 2824 CHS timebomb

https://trustytimewatch.io/index.php...11+GMF&x=0&y=0

Last edited:

minota98

RWI Supporter
30/12/21
MY
Bro that movement is a GMF SA3285, which is a proprietary movement based on the inferior SA3135.

It was used in the V3, before GMF abandoned it in favor of the VR3185/6

Compare the balance assemblies of your pic with the much better (and stated) VR movement below. You can see the regulator arm (2 gold dots) is on the opposite side of the beat corrector arm. Also the entire shock absorber mount (in the middle) is gold on the VR.

jpjr5P.jpg

So either that's a V3 (normal plating), or a V4/V5 without the advertised best movement installed.

The GMF SA3285 is not a movement I would want in an $800 rep.

Also look at the movement serial numbers, and the rotors are different too. The 3186 engraving is wrong on the VR for the 126711 model, but trust me that isn't worth having on a much worse movement.

jpj9ok.jpg

In case you were wondering the other extra wrapped GMF 126711 CHNR (at $688) is a 2824 CHS timebomb

https://trustytimewatch.io/index.php...11+GMF&x=0&y=0

Thank you so much for the information bro KJ2020 - unfortunately I think there is nothing I can do now as he sent out the watch 2 days ago :(

Gotta read more and learn more from here for my future reps...

Random question for everyone here, is there an area to post QC pics/questions here? I tried looking at the sub forums categories but didnt see anything..

Thanks everyone.

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
Thank you so much for the information bro KJ2020 - unfortunately I think there is nothing I can do now as he sent out the watch 2 days ago :(

Random question for everyone here, is there an area to post QC pics/questions here? I tried looking at the sub forums categories but didnt see anything..

Thanks everyone.

Take a look here mate to understand what you can and cannot do:

https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/replica-faq/94138-the-purpose-of-qc-pictures

Reactions: minota98

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18

Thanks everyone.

You could have posted that pic anywhere (most beneficial to others in a thread like this one) with a question about the movement. Also any other pics that show specific concerns you have.

Reactions: minota98

RiffRalf

Renowned Member
10/7/19
USA
Am I the only one who thinks the serif on the JVS insert is better in particular the short arm of the '1"?

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Am I the only one who thinks the serif on the JVS insert is better in particular the short arm of the '1"?

No, you are right bro. The GMF 1 serif is wrong on two counts, just like their Batman insert. It's straight instead of curved and its tip is angled instead of parallel to the main part of the numeral.

BP/GMF has been the best CHNR and the insert is very nice otherwise so I think people are just giving it a pass.