• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF RM035 V4 Released

jimmythekidult

Known Member
14/2/15
It hasn't, it's ppf
Edit: just searched it, and it actually does. Did not know about this also... I am interested about this now...
https://biao6688.com/76280.html

Well, I was asking my local TD the same question about this. Since I can’t find em in china TD such as puretime, trusty, or Chazingtime ect. But apparently they did. And my TD informed me that the ZF released after the ppf and the retail was a lil bit cheaper too. And the difference was at the bracelet which ZF has a thinner bracelet compare to PPF. As for the dial color, he said it’s pretty much the same.

Reactions: j21

andy_fin

Renowned Member
Certified
4/3/21
Europa

Hi, I’m back! It’s been years since my last post.
I just picked up this RM35-02 V4 by ZF today from my local trusted dealer. I must say ZF did a lot of improvements from the V3. First as you all know they updated bezel screw and obviously the black chrome gear at 12 o’clock position to look closer to the genuine RM35-02. I’m not sure if anyone notice they also updated the small faux levers at 2 and 3 o’clock position to look more realistic than the V3 version. (the shine is different in my opinion, it gave more depth to the overall look of the decoration).

They also updated the front bezel and back case closer to genuine if not the same. The sapphire crystal window on the front bezel now wider than the V3 and if you can see closely now they added the silver rehaut all around between the carbon bezel and inner bezel as per genuine. And also I notice they have updated the back case, now it’s wider than the V3 and I think it’s closer to genuine.

The only downside of this V4 if you all notice is the RM35-02 Rafa plate on 9 o’clock position. It’s smaller than the previous versions. Which is a downgrade ????
But overall I’m quite happy of my purchase. The update indeed better, but it would’ve been perfect if they did not change the small plate at 9 o’clock.

PS: They also updated the movement and I’m not sure what kind and my local TD confirmed it’s different. But he said it runs better than the previous one and less jumpy.

Well, that’s all from me, hopefully my information is helpful for you guys who’s still deciding on getting one.

Well it seems you're the only one that has a V4 here. Do you think that the plate can be swapped from V3 to V4?
It also seems that the movement in that rep may not be what was advertised. Is there a faux/ghost date setting on the crown on V4?

Thanks in advance and enjoy the watch! Looks killer!

RolexGuy22

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/9/21
just cba with all the hyped stuff and how hard is to get it sometimes…
some pieces you get rich people using reps all day long…
Starbucks, green 5711, platonas (oh gosh), Pandas I just assume are all reps… if I can’t get a panda but can get 2 Pepsi, 3 Batman and a RG PP5990 is because that freaking panda doesn’t exist at all at retail…
When the Starbucks launched no one had it at all, I got it retail (because they fuc*ed me over a hulk twice and tried to make it up for it) 1 of only 2 pieces that my ad managed to get and sold it for £20k next day (not blacklisted yet cause of my networking skills =D).. I hated the Starbucks, Kermit every day of the week over a Starbucks \o/.

bottom line is, I know at least 5 guys who had the vsf Starbucks and even had the guts to say they got it from the same ad… one of them has fuc*ng 14 Ferraris… 2 f**king LaFerrari….. for us here in the forum it’s a hobby yes. For some stupid people it’s just a way to show off (sometimes getting hilariously caught).. these idiots try to fake it until u make it kind of practice…I do it cause it’s fun! Way more fun to build a Franken instead of just buying it of shelf.
No showing off, no dick measuring, no profiteering and staff preventing the scammers… amazing! Real people I can say.

I mostly am buying or keeping gen watches for the networking, occasional profit and obv for the ones that are not available as acceptable reps yet, such as RMs, PP 5990, 5712 (available but shit without power reserve), IWC Mojave…, 116506 (shot without the extra weight even the v4s)…

On that PP5990 the profit Will be about £200k minimum…
If you start looking as gen watches as business assets and not hobby it’s very profitable…it doesn’t mean that that guy won’t use reps and anyone that strongly criticise reps are the ones probably here reading it all maybe posting and loving it…

ssshh….. no one can know….!

those are the worse type… trying to pretend..
mill tell people all my watches are fake any day.. and have a laugh…

always remember… the biggest tell in a rep is you.!

I like the last part the biggest tell in a rep is you I personally buy watches in my price range i have a pretty good salary as a corporate lawyer but I don’t have the connections
to get an rm at retail price the moment they come out they are sold I don’t really like rm anyway but it truly is a work of art but off topic i like the last part guy works as a care salesman wearing a patek or working at starbucks wearing a rm lol that’s just funny

jimmythekidult

Known Member
14/2/15
Well it seems you're the only one that has a V4 here. Do you think that the plate can be swapped from V3 to V4?
It also seems that the movement in that rep may not be what was advertised. Is there a faux/ghost date setting on the crown on V4?

Thanks in advance and enjoy the watch! Looks killer!

I’m pretty sure you’ll be able to swapped the plate, but I’m not an expert on this since I never try to disassemble them. As for the faux/ ghost date on the crown. I’m not sure and I cannot tell you now since I already returned it to my local TD.

Rollieyeehy

Horology Curious
11/2/20
Yes, if you still have options to wait then you better wait for the next proper update. Hopefully the manufacturer notice this and decided to fixed it immediately. I finally decided to return mine to my local TD and get me a Patek Philippe Nautilus 5712 Moonphase by ZF instead. Lol

Hey Jim congrats on the PP. I just sold the V3 too lol, I got an offer and decided to part ways. But I got something in return, and dont tell me this was yours too! Lol

andy_fin

Renowned Member
Certified
4/3/21
Europa
I’m pretty sure you’ll be able to swapped the plate, but I’m not an expert on this since I never try to disassemble them. As for the faux/ ghost date on the crown. I’m not sure and I cannot tell you now since I already returned it to my local TD.
Ah right - I knew that :D
But thanks for the reply and enjoy your PP :)

jimmythekidult

Known Member
14/2/15
Hey Jim congrats on the PP. I just sold the V3 too lol, I got an offer and decided to part ways. But I got something in return, and dont tell me this was yours too! Lol

Hey, congrats on your new Yas Marina. I knew you have em’ even before you posted it. No, unfortunately that one is not mine, but I know for sure your Yas Marina came from my TD, Lol.

My TD told me everything. Your weird transaction was a hot topic. Lol. So, long story short My TD sold the piece to one of his resellers which supplied to your TD and he told your TD as a brand new piece that ended up in your possession. I’m so sorry this has to happened to you. Enjoy your new Yas Marina, and hopefully my old V3 will find a new home soon. :)

Rollieyeehy

Horology Curious
11/2/20
Hey, congrats on your new Yas Marina. I knew you have em’ even before you posted it. No, unfortunately that one is not mine, but I know for sure your Yas Marina came from my TD, Lol.

My TD told me everything. Your weird transaction was a hot topic. Lol. So, long story short My TD sold the piece to one of his resellers which supplied to your TD and he told your TD as a brand new piece that ended up in your possession. I’m so sorry this has to happened to you. Enjoy your new Yas Marina, and hopefully my old V3 will find a new home soon. :)

Lol no worries Jim, it was weird and long and crazy. But luckily everything happened so our local TD can now learn something or at least know something about his business partners. God it was difficult to part ways with the V3, had it strapped with the red velcro strap I wouldnt let it go. I spent a fantastic 8 days with the watch, I look at it as an honor and an opportunity to experience the RM feel. Btw when are you gonna do the review of your new PP?

zenmaster

Known Member
21/8/09
Last time I tried on gen RMs were probably some 15+ years ago. Back then they weren't a well known brand and were sold exclusively through some jewelry stores at the places I lived in at the time. I remember trying on some new models and the sticker prices were ridiculous (yes, even back then), but I also remember trying on a second-hand titanium version it felt cheap on the wrist because of its lightweight and the jewelry store wanted to sell me at around USD 25K (price at new was over 100k). The fact is, no one wanted it.

Then a few years after that, RM opened a boutique at the Venetian in Macao. I guess it was getting more popular, but still, it wasn't really a hit. Boutique had lots of watches on display but no one was shopping. This was maybe circa 2008~2010?

I bought a 5167 around 2011, which was highly sought after during that time. Sold it for a small profit, then bought a 5711. Nobody wanted it, really. I was young and didn't enjoy it much then sold it. Then a while after that I bought my 5712 at around UDS 30K. Loved the dial. Probably because before that I had a VC Overseas Dual Time for a while, black dial. That was a daily watch for me. I remember buying it at around USD 15k.

What I'm trying to say is that I started this hobby with gens. Number of watches began to pile up. Then my priorities changed in life - got married, then kids... etc. Convertibles and coupes became wagons and SUVs... I started replacing gens with reps, and only kept a few gens now playing mostly with reps.

People are here in the forum for different reasons, affordability is one of them yes. But I can imagine it isn't for some.

Reactions: BigUnicorn

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
How do the ZF hold up in a swimming pool?

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
Some eye candy :)

The V4 NTPT case looks much better. ZF said that they use the same NTPT as authentic RM watch and use a gen RM035 NTPT to remake the case.

Dear PT
Do you have the v4 in stock ?

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
PT claims that the watch comes with a SEIKO NH05A however Intime claims Miyota 6T28 ! Who is correct or is it 2 x versions released ?

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
PT claims that the watch comes with a SEIKO NH05A however Intime claims Miyota 6T28 ! Who is correct or is it 2 x versions released ?

Miyota 6T15, the 6T28 is the open-heart version. According to another poster on here somewhere it's modded with longer pinions for the hands but that appears to be it.

Apniceguy

3/3/20
Help guys,
I'm looking for someone to mod a Richard mille watch, case thinning, color paiting etc.
there is a modder who specialize in rm watches?