• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Factory - RF Factory Upcoming 126610 Release

prettyboi

Horology Curious
25/8/21
I do not get this thread at all. Seems alot of people are just arguing and not making constructive but destructive critism. I have frequented it for quite awhile but afraid to post due to this alone.
I can understand why new members are afraid to ask questions and seek guidance from veterans who you would think be helpful and welcoming. Good example is I posted my 1st thread for my 1st REP a few months ago. I got not once response when asking for guidance. I posted on Reddit and got alot of help and guidance which helped me through my 1st ever QC and what to look out for etc.

I bet if someone posted a GEN and said it was a (Insert Name Here). 98% would crush that watch with flaws and how poor something is. These are REPS, yet people pick it apart like it should be perfect lol. Its a REP made from China!!!! for $450-$500. The thing that gets me is on this 60 thread post there have only been a few purchase of the actual RF watch with everybody else crushing how poor quality it is. Then I check CF thread, its the same thing you here in this thread. Nobody with anything constructive about the watch, just people bragging about I have a VSF and this watch is nowhere close to that quality etc! Then you have the people who said they ordered the watch (2-3 months ago) yet have not posted any pics or added good advice for others thinking of getting the RF.

What is the purpose of this thread? Im confused.

golfa

6/8/17
New Zealand
I do not get this thread at all. Seems alot of people are just arguing and not making constructive but destructive critism. I have frequented it for quite awhile but afraid to post due to this alone.
I can understand why new members are afraid to ask questions and seek guidance from veterans who you would think be helpful and welcoming. Good example is I posted my 1st thread for my 1st REP a few months ago. I got not once response when asking for guidance. I posted on Reddit and got alot of help and guidance which helped me through my 1st ever QC and what to look out for etc.

I bet if someone posted a GEN and said it was a (Insert Name Here). 98% would crush that watch with flaws and how poor something is. These are REPS, yet people pick it apart like it should be perfect lol. Its a REP made from China!!!! for $450-$500. The thing that gets me is on this 60 thread post there have only been a few purchase of the actual RF watch with everybody else crushing how poor quality it is. Then I check CF thread, its the same thing you here in this thread. Nobody with anything constructive about the watch, just people bragging about I have a VSF and this watch is nowhere close to that quality etc! Then you have the people who said they ordered the watch (2-3 months ago) yet have not posted any pics or added good advice for others thinking of getting the RF.

I'll try and explain. Many members here are well past their 20s. They have spent YEARS buying and in some cases, selling replica watches. Their somewhat jaundiced view of being asked by newbies "What's the best Sub ?" is completely understandable when that question has been asked hundreds of times. They have seen factories come and go. Good watches and bad. They have read thousands of threads about the good things to notice in reps and the things that stick out like dog's balls. So when one of the "old guard" posts in a newbies thread asking "What's the best Sub", they may point to an old thread about what to look for. But what often happens, is that they are then ridiculed or abused for suggesting that person to do some reading and not sharing the information they have gleaned over years. Young people want an instant fix now. Reddit strikes me a place for young people needing instant information. And this place is more for watch aficionados. Hahahaha. Am I a watch snob ? I hope so !

Alan Bourdillion Traherne

Renowned Member
6/3/21
CONUS
The most important thing I've gotten out of this thread is "... a sandwich short of a picnic." That's pretty darn funny of you aks me. I'm gonna' steal it and say I made it up myself. Ha!!

The other stuff... yeah pretty much routine banter and reciprocal exchanges of who think who is the bigger idiot. Rather amusing and quite entertaining with factoids thrown in here and there for topical relevancy. But PLEASE... with a few short words I can easily prove that I am the biggest idiot in the room, I just choose not to do it. So there!

Last edited:

sukwonee

I'm Pretty Popular
7/9/11
PNW

I don't disagree with everything you said but if someone posted pictures of a genuine submariner and said it was a replica, we would know it's a gen.

prettyboi

Horology Curious
25/8/21
I'll try and explain. Many members here are well past their 20s. They have spent YEARS buying and in some cases, selling replica watches. Their somewhat jaundiced view of being asked by newbies "What's the best Sub ?" is completely understandable when that question has been asked hundreds of times. They have seen factories come and go. Good watches and bad. They have read thousands of threads about the good things to notice in reps and the things that stick out like dog's balls. So when one of the "old guard" posts in a newbies thread asking "What's the best Sub", they may point to an old thread about what to look for. But what often happens, is that they are then ridiculed or abused for suggesting that person to do some reading and not sharing the information they have gleaned over years. Young people want an instant fix now. Reddit strikes me a place for young people needing instant information. And this place is more for watch aficionados. Hahahaha. Am I a watch snob ? I hope so !

Thanks alot! That was well explained!! Makes alot of sense and I can see why a Vet in the game could be annoyed. Thanks again.

GottaHave

Known Member
28/12/20
I do not get this thread at all. These are REPS, yet people pick it apart like it should be perfect lol. Its a REP made from China!!!! for $450-$500.

Whilst I can agree with your sentiment about a Chinese rep @$450-$500 it's that this is another round of BS from TDs which for some make this their 2nd,3rd,4th,5th etc purchase of the same watch model. Why so many times, because each reiteration is advertised as the next step closer but as we can see 'so far' with this RF that is not the case. (btw: I'm one of the early purchasers)

So, in summary, a one off only purchase of $500 for a Chinese knockoff seems reasonable, it's the multiple purchases of the same model after being told lies about it's improvement as being 1:1 with the original.

Yes, I agree you don't have to buy them, and I won't going forward. For 'me' my next purchase will be a genuine to get off this merry-go-round. I should have purchased the original and bypassed much grief from every corner.

Reactions: mcboom and Tete

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
Ok... I think I need to apologize for the hornets nest I kicked when I originally asked about the power reserve of these RF subs. Let's all take a deep breath and remember that we have EXACTLY ONE DATA POINT on how long the RF 12-series subs power reserve lasts. While it is sometimes possible to make interesting inferences when you only have one data point, this is likely not one of them. But what we do know is that in the fullness of time (read: many hundreds of posts from now) one of two things will happen:
  1. RF will be crowned as "the best rep sub now that <legendary_factory_of_yore_that_was_shut_down> is no-more"; or
  2. RF will be relegated to the role of "good because it has the best <specific_watch_feature>, but it's not overall as good as <factory_that_the_RWI_community_thinks_currently_makes_the_best_rep>".
Note, there's also the possibility of a variation on option 1, where RF is crowned "the greatest rep of all time", but this is unlikely and would require many thousands of more posts in both this thread and others for a community consensus to establish itself.

So let's all enjoy the ride. I'm pretty sure that for most of us, a non-trivial percentage of the enjoyment we derive from this hobby is from arguing over politely debating the minutiae of reps which are only visible in a macro photo or measurable with a timegrapher.

Last edited:

Antonello

Known Member
13/2/17
I asked if you know Victortime because many say the VSF is out of stock. But Victortime informed me that it is actually available.
I was therefore asking to understand if it is a real and reliable situation or if it is a further mockery by a seller that I do not know. I hope to find a kind person who can help me understand. The speech is always connected, since we are talking about RF compared to VSF which according to many should be terminated. Thank you all

Reactions: GottaHave

Chroniker

Not listening!
28/9/15
España, currently ze Germany
I asked if you know Victortime because many say the VSF is out of stock. But Victortime informed me that it is actually available.
I was therefore asking to understand if it is a real and reliable situation or if it is a further mockery by a seller that I do not know. I hope to find a kind person who can help me understand. The speech is always connected, since we are talking about RF compared to VSF which according to many should be terminated. Thank you all

I don’t know victortime. But I do know that I would not give him my money, especially if he is trying to lure you in with a pretty much unobtainable VSF.
Stick to the TDs here!

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20

This guy is not a known trusted dealer. If you get anything, you'll be lucky to get a 'fake' VSF which is not what you want I don't think.
As above, VSF is no longer available.

golfa

6/8/17
New Zealand
Whilst I can agree with your sentiment about a Chinese rep @$450-$500 it's that this is another round of BS from TDs which for some make this their 2nd,3rd,4th,5th etc purchase of the same watch model. Why so many times, because each reiteration is advertised as the next step closer but as we can see 'so far' with this RF that is not the case. (btw: I'm one of the early purchasers)

So, in summary, a one off only purchase of $500 for a Chinese knockoff seems reasonable, it's the multiple purchases of the same model after being told lies about it's improvement as being 1:1 with the original.

Yes, I agree you don't have to buy them, and I won't going forward. For 'me' my next purchase will be a genuine to get off this merry-go-round. I should have purchased the original and bypassed much grief from every corner.

Here's something for you to consider. There a fair number of people on here who own gens and replicas. They wear their replicas when going out at night. Why ? Because if they are accosted by a dickhead with a knife who says "Hand over your watch", they will gladly do so. Rather lose $500 than $10 000. Seems sensible to me.

Good luck buying your gen. But I bet after reading this, when you go out at night, you'll be wearing your "Chinese knockoff".

derjenigewelcher

Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
Ok fuck this thread. I will do my review in the basic rolex forum. Im out of this thread.
you can now buy vsf from idiot scam dealers, or talk about the latest JVS Fake VSF replicareplica thread you saw in reddit.

See ya

RNVP

Known Member
16/9/21
Ok fuck this thread. I will do my review in the basic rolex forum. Im out of this thread.
you can now buy vsf from idiot scam dealers, or talk about the latest JVS Fake VSF replicareplica thread you saw in reddit.

See ya

When will you do your review? if I'm not mistaken you have both RF and CLEAN right?