• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Clean Factory DJ41 3235

Tijdwijzer

Renowned Member
24/11/20
Europe
Now I am torn.
i was about to send my ARF Dj41 (with the dumb lighter than usual grey dial) for a gen crystal and dial swap. It has a 2824 ofcourse.

But now Im kinda thinking to do these modifications to the clean factory DJ41 instead.

Wouldnt that be a better option overall? Considering the movement etc?

Yout thoughts please gents.

Probably an easier swap with an 3235 movement, but the 2824 is a reliable movement, we don't know about this clean 3235 movement.
maybe KJ2020 aka 'the pro' wants to investigate in this movement quality

Highrisk

LIFE IS GOOD
4/3/20
The land of two seas
Probably an easier swap with an 3235 movement, but the 2824 is a reliable movement, we don't know about this clean 3235 movement.
maybe KJ2020 aka 'the pro' wants to investigate in this movement quality

I agree with the 2824 being reliable, and honestly I really dont mind keeping it instead of swapping a decorated movement. I am planning to keep the moded watch for sure.
Would love to know what KJ2020 thinks about the movement and what others think about my newbie problem.

derjenigewelcher

Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
Man its a translate peoblem.
it means:

"if you look from MY perspective"=in my eyes

i write here via google translate. In real life my english is not very good

Alex086

Horology Curious
19/9/21
in a month my TD told me there will be other colors of clean, blu color is sheat on any datejust, we need to wait black color, arf in black are excelent, i am sure that 2824 is more reliable, and the more arf are cheaper, do not take blue, you will immediately get a replacement of dial, its about 800 euro

Last edited:
Reactions: SuperBatman

Bobi01

Put Some Respect On My Name
2/2/19
in a month my TD told me there will be other colors of clean, blu color is sheat on any color, we need to wait black color, arf in black are excelent, i am sure that 2824 is more reliable, and the more arf are cheaper, do not take blue, you will immediately get a replacement of dial, its about 800 euro

Dont get me wrong dude
but if vsf blue dial is shit you dont know anything about it

Alex086

Horology Curious
19/9/21
Dont get me wrong dude
but if vsf blue dial is shit you dont know anything about it
jat4EQ.webp
jatsHL.jpg
jatv48.webp
jatuyR.webp

in the light different shades and notice even in the photo the glass on vsf is much dimmer, I repeat once again, if in the company of someone there are also blue gen, you will be disgraced, with black the picture is much better, ciklop on vsf is also horrible, you can see on foto

Last edited:

Akilles

Lord Commander
Certified
11/6/17
The North
in the light different shades and notice even in the photo the glass on vsf is much dimmer, I repeat once again, if in the company of someone there are also blue gen, you will be disgraced, with black the picture is much better, ciklop on vsf is also horrible, you can see on foto
You know very much for being a member for 24 hours. There are pics, videos and post here that says otherwise. They dont have identical dials but so close that a normal gen owner (non rep nerd) wouldn't doubt a second the VSF is gen. Also their cyclops may be the best on the market so you need to do your homework better if you want to become a Jedi here!

Alex086

Horology Curious
19/9/21
I'm sure Alex086, a junior member here who joined in September 2021 with 9 posts to his name knows what he is talking about.......

I wonder how a newbie knows that the vs factory is closed, it’s very stupid to throw off a photo of a factory that doesn’t exist

HolteEnder9

Looking Around
16/7/21
United Kingdom
This release has me questioning myself on my franken plans. I had a plan to franken my ARF datejust but since seeing this i am thinking of holding off a few months and seeing how this lives up... Has anyone received and compared to an ARF yet?

Reactions: Highrisk

Highrisk

LIFE IS GOOD
4/3/20
The land of two seas
This release has me questioning myself on my franken plans. I had a plan to franken my ARF datejust but since seeing this i am thinking of holding off a few months and seeing how this lives up... Has anyone received and compared to an ARF yet?

Same here. Received an ARF Dj41 with a grey dial (dial color is wayyy off too light). Bought a gen dial and crystal to give it a makeover. Then found an opportunity to buy a clean factory DJ41 and it had me thinking if I should improve it instead lol.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
Top Poster Of Month
12/3/18
Now I am torn.
i was about to send my ARF Dj41 (with the dumb lighter than usual grey dial) for a gen crystal and dial swap. It has a 2824 ofcourse.

But now Im kinda thinking to do these modifications to the clean factory DJ41 instead.

Wouldnt that be a better option overall? Considering the movement etc?

Yout thoughts please gents.

I'm still waiting for my next-gen VR3235 movement to arrive. Shipping out of China seems pretty slow right now. I think it's going to be OK, if it's like the VR3135 we should be golden.

If you have a gen dial and it's a 116x version with dial feet, it won't fit natively on a VR3235 movement. That movement has dial feet holes (I recently discovered) at about 7 and 35 minutes, which don't coincide with the dial feet on a 3136 dial. Also it is yet unknown if a gen 3235 DJ41 DW will work on the VR3235 because that movement has 3135 calendar parts (date finger, date jumper, and date corrector) and the teeth on the gen DW are pointy like the gen-spec VS3235. The teeth on the rep VR3235 are rounded, like teeth are on 3135 DW's.

jWlon3.jpg

jWQtgp.jpg

Björn_Ironside

I'm Pretty Popular
10/6/21
Italia
guys, i just received the QC of my dj clean ... i'm very disappointed .. a dull dial with no light. totally different from the videos seen in retenei which looks like a dazzling and luminous blue with lots of color reflections.
indexes at 50 and 55 out of place .. I also have strong doubts about the size and lumens of the minute hands and in some photos the flange seems to be out of the minutes ...

I am evaluating RL

Reactions: SuperBatman

Björn_Ironside

I'm Pretty Popular
10/6/21
Italia
taking into account that this is a new release, I ask the Mods and you friends for permission to post some photos ..

VG87

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
30/5/21
taking into account that this is a new release, I ask the Mods and you friends for permission to post some photos ..

Since you already RLed it and told your concerns I guess it's ok to post them for educational purposes and others' comments since it's a new release...

Björn_Ironside

I'm Pretty Popular
10/6/21
Italia
Since you already RLed it and told your concerns I guess it's ok to post them for educational purposes and others' comments since it's a new release...

I don't have RL yet, plus I'm at work and I drive most of the time, so I need everyone's help, I repeat if possible. I also think it can help you too