• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Newly into AP - what’s worth spending money on?

Booonin

2/9/18
Angryboai Thanks! Indeed ZF replication is very good IMO. Its just on a repgeek i saw XF with smoked dial and deep blue dial - wanted to know are worth it or are they close quality to ZF..

Really interesting of what are the differences - just lazy to throught 100+ pages of discussion ????

EuroTime25

Lost Soul of Watches
Supporter
Certified
24/7/20
West USA
Hello guys! Also very new to AP. I was focused on Rolex and PAM from the start but now started to appreciate AP a lot.
I have 8 and a half inch wrist and really like the design of this

https://www.chrono24.com/audemarspi...41mm-blue-dial-stainless-steel--id9863290.htm

I have yet to explore this sub so please if you can recommend good reps for the above I would really appreciate it.

Its you are at the edge. I have a 7.5in wrist and I am usually at the last 2 holes on their straps. Sometimes on the last one when my hand swells. But not a big problem there is many Straps that are XL, even from Gen Manufacturers but it will the same price as a rep. But there is few Amazon ones for Panerai that I got for $20 and love it. For the AP I have the 15703 JF and it will fit your wrist size but the stap may be at the last hole. But again they do sell XL straps which will fit but again I only seen Gen ones which are not cheap. A Rolex Deep Sea will fit you because has lots of adjustments avaliable in the metal strap and size 44mm will work for you. Good luck.

Reactions: legend and Highrisk

Highrisk

LIFE IS GOOD
4/3/20
The land of two seas
Its you are at the edge. I have a 7.5in wrist and I am usually at the last 2 holes on their straps. Sometimes on the last one when my hand swells. But not a big problem there is many Straps that are XL, even from Gen Manufacturers but it will the same price as a rep. But there is few Amazon ones for Panerai that I got for $20 and love it. For the AP I have the 15703 JF and it will fit your wrist size but the stap may be at the last hole. But again they do sell XL straps which will fit but again I only seen Gen ones which are not cheap. A Rolex Deep Sea will fit you because has lots of adjustments avaliable in the metal strap and size 44mm will work for you. Good luck.

Thanks for the response :)
Also looking into their 44mm models. Large wrists make for limited choices.

weezkid

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
12/1/21
Lane Cove
I'm new to APs as well but a beauty of a modded ZF15400 by legend for me has definitely changed my perception on what these babies are all about.

Speaking of small wrists, I have got a 6.3" although the turned down lugs of the watch helps to wrap the unit onto it well.

Having said that, the newfound appreciation has given me griefs though cause now I find myself hunting for a gen :p

Reactions: Allure

EuroTime25

Lost Soul of Watches
Supporter
Certified
24/7/20
West USA
Thanks for the response :)
Also looking into their 44mm models. Large wrists make for limited choices.

Yea you are like me. Thats why a submariner looks small for me. I have the Deepsea which works, also Sea Dweller 40th anniversary 43mm which I was suprised how well it fit but without any adjustment on the bracelet it fits my wrist great it may be tight for you. I also like Tudor Pelagos yes a 42mm but thicker watches do fit somehow better on bigger wrists not to mention the braceletand clasps adjustment will work for you 100%. Maybe a big pilot IWC 46mm that....well again im on the 2nd or last hole on that too and their clasp to me is a bit uncomfortable. So I think you may have to think about XL straps for majority if them. Another one that I know you should be good 100% is the Rolex DeepSea SeaDweller with its extentions it should work. Or even see if someone has some pieces they removed to resize theirs to put on yours. Just a thought if there is a will there is a way.

Last edited:
Reactions: Highrisk

Highrisk

LIFE IS GOOD
4/3/20
The land of two seas
Yea you are like me. Thats why a submariner looks small for me. I have the Deepsea which works, also Sea Dweller 40th anniversary 43mm which I was suprised how well it fit but without any adjustment on the bracelet it fits my wrist great it may be tight for you. I also like Tudor Pelagos yes a 42mm but thicker watches do fit somehow better on bigger wrists not to mention the braceletand clasps adjustment will work for you 100%. Maybe a big pilot IWC 46mm that....well again im on the 2nd or last hole on that too and their clasp to me is a bit uncomfortable. So I think you may have to think about XL straps for majority if them. Another one that I know you should be good 100% is the Rolex DeepSea SeaDweller with its extentions it should work. Or even see if someone has some pieces they removed to resize theirs to put on yours. Just a thought if there is a will there is a way.

Agreed. For rolex definitely its the deep sea version for me like you mentioned, the way it can be adjusted is a huge plus point for me.
I bought a DJ41 and it looks so small for me, it is really pretty though and looks really nice on a suit but it kind of sinks and does not have a good presence on me.
Thanks for the watches you recommended, can you please recommend an AP model that may suit large wrists?

EuroTime25

Lost Soul of Watches
Supporter
Certified
24/7/20
West USA
Agreed. For rolex definitely its the deep sea version for me like you mentioned, the way it can be adjusted is a huge plus point for me.
I bought a DJ41 and it looks so small for me, it is really pretty though and looks really nice on a suit but it kind of sinks and does not have a good presence on me.
Thanks for the watches you recommended, can you please recommend an AP model that may suit large wrists?

Any Royal Oak 15703 I have it and love it. Its thick heavy and with the design feel and wears bigger than its 42mm they state. Also just any 44mm not many models that I know so talk to a TD to see what they have in stock.

Reactions: Highrisk

Highrisk

LIFE IS GOOD
4/3/20
The land of two seas
Any Royal Oak 15703 I have it and love it. Its thick heavy and with the design feel and wears bigger than its 42mm they state. Also just any 44mm not many models that I know so talk to a TD to see what they have in stock.

Thank you EuroTime25, appreciate it. Will look for a suitable model for me. Need atleast one Royal oak in my collection now for sure.

Reactions: EuroTime25