• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean Factory Batman

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
Yes I'm quite sure too. I was just saying that now on the latest production they're using the same 99% stuff on both blnr and blro (just different color inserts and gmt hands for each model respectively).

By the way, joint lines are mostly visible on zoomed QCs and at a specific angle.

You can barely see it in real life on wrist distance. You have to bring the watch close to your eyes and focus to see the actual lines.

Here's an example of mine (first batch production during July - early August) under sunlight on the eyecandy thread I posted yesterday

6badce35a8b203e192b71c7e626313e6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice pic! Yeah I sold mine and kept the Pepsi. Join lines are definitely not very noticeable in most conditions.

Reactions: KJ2020 and VG87

eqw72

Gangsterville
Supporter
Certified
8/9/20
Yes I'm quite sure too. I was just saying that now on the latest production they're using the same 99% stuff on both blnr and blro (just different color inserts and gmt hands for each model respectively).

By the way, joint lines are mostly visible on zoomed QCs and at a specific angle.

You can barely see it in real life on wrist distance. You have to bring the watch close to your eyes and focus to see the actual lines.

Here's an example of mine (first batch production during July - early August) under sunlight on the eyecandy thread I posted yesterday

6badce35a8b203e192b71c7e626313e6.jpg

Very nice piece man! Mine should be here any day now - hopefully….

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18
CF is just gonna mess up the Batman if they use the bezel of Pepsi on it

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
I cleaned all the silicon grease off mine and it worked just fine. But yeah they could have done a better job with the finish on the assembly parts. I have seen worse from other factories though lol

Stardust9

Known Member
21/8/21
Planning a mid-heavy franken project with a 116710BLNR.

Is the clean the best/a very good basis in terms of case (lugs, CGs, rehaut)?
There is no direct comparison to ARF or VRF yet, read through several threads.

FYI, planning to do the following gen parts: bezel, insert (might stick to CFs), dial, hands, crystal, date wheel.
Wont be cheap lol, but it is what it is : - )

By the way, is it possible to use a 116710LN bezel with a gen or CF batman insert?
Questions over questions, would appreciate your input guys!

Reactions: Obelard

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18

FYI, planning to do the following gen parts: bezel, insert (might stick to CFs), dial, hands, crystal, date wheel.

By the way, is it possible to use a 116710LN bezel with a gen or CF batman insert?

Gen BLNR insert? There is one and only one on sale in the M2M selling section. Goodluck.

peter4ptv

14/5/20
L. A.
I cleaned all the silicon grease off mine and it worked just fine. But yeah they could have done a better job with the finish on the assembly parts. I have seen worse from other factories though lol

Worse from other factory yes, but not on over 500$ replicas

RiffRalf

Renowned Member
10/7/19
USA
I have similar plans, albeit a bit less ambitious. Gen crystal, maybe hands. GMF dial with the coronet.
The more I read the more I lean toward ARF. Which would be most c/w a 126710 with the small CGs.
I have a 3185 movement which the CF and VRF don't need.

eririn

Known Member
4/2/10
My watchsmith sais that he cannot slide down gasket due to clearance between hand and xtal. So I let it as is. However, I use gen spec gasket for GMT.

Replisimio

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/20
Gods own country! Yorkshire.
My watchsmith sais that he cannot slide down gasket due to clearance between hand and xtal. So I let it as is. However, I use gen spec gasket for GMT.

I see that on some of these. I think clean have not got the case measurements quite right so the crystal sits on the rehaut and won’t mount any lower causing it to sit higher which is fine for a Pepsi but not the other models in the range. Still looks nice though buddy!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk