• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF Factory Vacheron Constantine Fiftysix Complete Calendar

pistebasher

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
13/6/20
UK
First of all, i asked boutique in order to try both steel and rose gold versions. Both are too light, for the steel one, i thought it was like aluminium, unstable. For the rose gold one, it was also too light for rose gold. The feeling was like either the case is too thin to be heavy or it was just SS gold plated. I have some gens rose gold JLC, Rolex and 2 white gold Pateks at home so i know how heavy and solid the SS and rosegold should be.

Then the second problem is with movement: gen does NOT have the perpetual calender, we all muss set the dates and moonphase each month. It was actually my fault to missunderstand full calender with perpetual calender...it was on the VC website Lol. Accord to the SA, i will pay like 43k€ for a rose gold watch, which i dont feel any solid at all and have to set the time each month LoL. With 43k€ i would rather buy a gen Patek 5205R which is more beautiful, solid and has The perpetual Calender, which i only need to push the date once at the end of Feb each year TvT

Third problem is the straps: they look like immitate leather to me. Feel really cheap on my hands...

Just my humble opinion on the gens, and please forgive my words...I was only trying to describe how dissapointed i was when trying these gens...

Lastly, beside of the 4th pusher on the left, i would never complaint anything about this rep from ZF. They did a great work on this one, may be better :)

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

A really well written and thoughtful reply, thank you. You are right that this is a light watch. I have the standard fiftysix and it too is very light. However, I think this is true of almost all modern slim dress watches with display case back. You really are not getting that much gold / steel, all sacrificed to see the movement. And even then the rotor is part skeletonised, saving more material. I also found the same with the Breguet Tradition. Beautiful but with very little heft for the size and thickness of watch. I think once you have a gold Rolex sports watch or AP, everything else feels very light! :)

RobSe1

goes Deepsea
Supporter
Certified
23/6/17
Is the Center of the Hands a bit thicker as on the gen?

pistebasher

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
13/6/20
UK
When ZF makes the silver dial variant, I'll put this gen dial in. If they never make it, I may have to buy the blue dial version and paint the date hand blue.

jHLpVY.jpg

majwilliams0308

https://biao6688.com/77827.html

:thumbsup:

pistebasher

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
13/6/20
UK
Trusty as usual, Sir!

I have waited like 4 days for these, and yet am still waiting QCs for the PPF5726 ;)

Looks like I missed the boat then. Trusty told me they have none and no ETA for any more .:trainwreck:

RobSe1

goes Deepsea
Supporter
Certified
23/6/17
What you think about the Gold Plating? will it goe off? i never had a gold one before

Eunomians

Renowned Member
15/3/06
Wow sold out? Glad I got mine (not received yet tho).

I think the fact that the many articles (online, printed and social media) for the last 15 years of collectors bashing VC has changed the minds of people. There has always been such negativity and folks got fed up. Pair that with the “P sheep” (audemars Piguet and Patek) maybe folks are suddenly considering adding VC to their portfolios. Today’s watch collector is identical to their fellow collector, both wear the same watch, the same stupid shoes, drive the same car, have the same significant other, etc. BORING

I’ve always find VC’s position in this bullshit hierarchy odd frankly. But it is refreshing to see a VC out in the wild where I live, swimming in the sea of Rolex, AP, PP.

Last edited:

RobSe1

goes Deepsea
Supporter
Certified
23/6/17
I have a ZF PP5153 in Rose gold for a year, plating is good, no sign of wear until now, still like first day

Thats good to hear. I thought half of the day about it and ordered the silver Dial.
I am a bit too scared with the Plating.

Johnluuda

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
Certified
8/5/21
Wow sold out? Glad I got mine (not received yet tho).

I think the fact that the many articles (online, printed and social media) for the last 15 years of collectors bashing VC has changed the minds of people. There has always been such negativity and folks got fed up. Pair that with the “P sheep” (audemars Piguet and Patek) maybe folks are suddenly considering adding VC to their portfolios. Today’s watch collector is identical to their fellow collector, both wear the same watch, the same stupid shoes, drive the same car, have the same significant other, etc. BORING

I’ve always find VC’s position in this bullshit hierarchy odd frankly. But it is refreshing to see a VC out in the wild where I live, swimming in the sea of Rolex, AP, PP.

You can read my comment #60, i think there are also some true reasons why gen VCs are not so popular ;) i love this design but honestly i wouldn't buy the gen

Eunomians

Renowned Member
15/3/06
You can read my comment #60, i think there are also some true reasons why gen VCs are not so popular ;) i love this design but honestly i wouldn't buy the gen

You make some interesting observations. I’ve never handled the Fifty Six series in person, but I have been to the VC boutique here many times. Perhaps to compare somewhat, I own 2 Pateks (Aquanaut on bracelet, mid-2016 white 18k Calatrava). Maybe the comparisons are skewed but the bracelet of the Aquanaut is extraordinary, and the Calatrava case and dial are so perfect it’s utterly bizarre). To me the finishing on the VCs I’ve handled seemingly are on par. Mind you it has been perhaps 5 years or so since I’ve stepped into the VC boutique or any other brand boutique, so I myself might be out of touch lol. But my real point here is that I’ve not noted any inherent detracting factors - aside from the egregious price points. To me, JLC, Breguet, VC etc all look to be about the same level of detailing. Some models more than others. Some less. What’s nice is that I’ve got all these AD boutiques with 3-4 blocks of each other so it’s nice to compare contrast before losing my initial impressions. Or losing more money out of my wallet :)

Also, I definitely agree with your comments pertaining to gold in general. Again I haven’t handled the Fifty Six at all in person. Steel or otherwise. But yes the open casebacks and hollowed rotors do shave quite a bit of heft and I’m not so sure I’d be happy with the big price tag and increasingly smaller amounts of gold being utilized.

Cheers :)

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
Thats good to hear. I thought half of the day about it and ordered the silver Dial.
I am a bit too scared with the Plating.

The silver dial is stunning, I don't think you'll be disappointed!