• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF 126610 Submariner with VS3235 Latest Movement 72 Hours Power Reserve

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19
VSF SELs have holes for 1.8mm thick springbars. They won't take a 2.0mm one, which is what Everest sells.

j21Q51.jpg

That’s a strange choice can’t use gen spring bars in that case.

kokemut

9/1/17
Hey guys, just got the LV, looks and feels great. However, the clasp lock system is very very stiff, once closed it’s very very difficult to open it with hands. I have to use a metal tool. Crown winding is not as smooth as the 116610 from VSF.
Any ideas on how to release the pressure of the clasp lock?
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/5/16
Hey guys, just got the LV, looks and feels great. However, the clasp lock system is very very stiff, once closed it’s very very difficult to open it with hands. I have to use a metal tool. Crown winding is not as smooth as the 116610 from VSF.
Any ideas on how to release the pressure of the clasp lock?
Thanks

Check first if all the screws are tightened right, once I had a problem with the flip lock ant that was the problem.

Reactions: Uhr70

kokemut

9/1/17
Screws are tight and it seats flush, but the springs that lock it in are maybe a little too pronounced compared to my 116610, and they keep it locked tight. Not sure about it but that’s what I can see

Reactions: leo6929

stance

Known Member
9/8/13
Singapore
Is there anyway to tighten the flip lock pin? As it feels too loose when opening.

ASATGMURES

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/3/20
Romania
Interesting info; thanks. In case this continues to develop further, here are a few more of my QC pics in case anyone sees anything that confirms it’s part of a new batch from VSF.

Just to be in compliance with the rules regarding the posting of QC pics, I have declined this watch on the grounds that I’m not sure it’s a VSF, and that the date is too far to the left.

j2WEwj.jpg

j2WNV4.jpg

j2WfiI.jpg

j2W7Y1.jpg

j2WFpc.jpg

These are JVS Factory with 3235 72 h power reserve.

R2L

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
17/4/14
These are JVS Factory with 3235 72 h power reserve.

Thanks for this new info. I have never heard of JVS factory. Is this a new arrival on the scene or have they been around for awhile?

ASATGMURES

23/3/20
Romania
New Factory, only these pictures for now, în a couple of days, when i have the actual watch,
i Will show movement pictures.

Reactions: R2L

Obelard

28/4/19
Belgium
I have a question about the S/N of the latest examples of the VSF 126610LV. Having read thru this whole thread I’ve seen the S/N as starting with 2R… I just received QC’s of a VSF with the S/N beginning with 3M88… Can anyone confirm if this is a legit VSF or something else, as I have not seen this S/N pop up anywhere else.
(BTW: I’ve also asked for extra pics of additional dates as the “20” looks shunted to the left too much.)

Thnx guys. Here’s my pic:
2198e5544f2f9acfdf33dc736579ff5a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MY IS 2R9

Reactions: R2L

RetFed

Renowned Member
23/3/14
Is there anyway to tighten the flip lock pin? As it feels too loose when opening.

None that I have seen, also, the glide lock mechanism in the VSF 126610's is a known problem for many owners. Most of the time it's too loose and does not stay in the desired position when opening the bracelet. Having been used to ARF bracelets the VSF is no where close in feel and quality of construction.

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
None that I have seen, also, the glide lock mechanism in the VSF 126610's is a known problem for many owners. Most of the time it's too loose and does not stay in the desired position when opening the bracelet. Having been used to ARF bracelets the VSF is no where close in feel and quality of construction.

Is this a later batch thing? The clasp on mine is one of the best I’ve ever come across.

Reactions: KJ2020

RetFed

Renowned Member
23/3/14
Does anyone here know if a clasp from 126610 GMF would fit a VSF 126610?

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
Great question, got mine from a forum member. 2R6 serial number

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One of the newer ones. Mine is H7Z shipped in December. I still can’t believe how good it is - its a pleasure to wear.

Actually, come to think of it its the last rep I bought - difficult to top. Was going to drift into Panerai for a bit, then raids happened so am going a bit gen this year…

Last edited:

hm11esh

4/9/18
Love my 41mm VSF but it is broken.... Currently looking for a Watchsmith in the UK to take a look. Minute and Hour hand stop when the minutes reach around 12 while the second hand merrily sweeps. It has got progressively worse so it looks like the cannon pinion slipping? It adjusts just fine.

Pretty disappointed if im honest - its my favourite (most expensive) rep and is far from the oldest yet its the only one thats failed me.

did you find a watchsmith in uk then? I am looking for one to service my 3235 movement