• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Please and Defects

Swiss_goupil

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
let me guees you learned first hand :D but at that price i would not be to concerned of the watch well being.

And I have opened the watch and greased all gaskets... but there were none on the pushers :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
And I have opened the watch and greased all gaskets... but there were none on the pushers :(
Apart from the pushers having no gaskets and the comments by legend, what is your opinion of the build quality of the watch? It's price suggests its low tier when compared to ZF, XF or JF quality, so any information you provide will be appreciated.

Tompa , your comments would be appreciated as well. Thanks.

Last edited:

exacten

Known Member
31/10/19
Apart from the pushers having no gaskets and the comments by legend, what is your opinion of the build quality of the watch? It's price suggests its low tier when compared to ZF, XF or JF quality, so any information you provide will be appreciated.

Tompa , your comments would be appreciated as well. Thanks.

tbh i dont think this watch can compete with the other factories when it comes to detail and finish, but im also curious to hear an experts opnion :D

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
tbh i dont think this watch can compete with the other factories when it comes to detail and finish, but im also curious to hear an experts opnion :D

Agreed, I don't expect any glowing reports on this watch, I just would like to get an idea of the build quality. If the build quality is on par with an Invicta for example I'll go for it. Anything less, I'll have to think it over.

Reactions: exacten

Swiss_goupil

Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
When I acquired this daily beater I was not expecting much to be honest. I have both an ZF AP 15400 V5 and ZF AP 15500 but I wanted a ROC as it is one of my favourite AP. I also wanted something I could wear doing shores in the garden or DIY at home hence my search on DHgate.

Firstly NOTHING in the rep market today is satisfactory if you are looking for a ROC but the closest is definitely this quartz model. it has the closest proportions in terms of global shape and thickness (11.35mm).

Quality wise it is definitely not on par with ZF. All the brushing and polishing are correct but the finish is not as neat. How can it be when it costs less then 20% of the price? But does it feel 20% of the quality? Absolutely not. The watch feels actually solid for $75 which is impressive. The bracelet is slightly more rattly compared to the ZF (which isn’t fantastic if you ask me) but it feels well made for the price. The hybrid quartz-mechanical movement is solid too with a beautifully working chronograph.

The closest watch I can compare it to is the Swatch Night flight. Unfortunately the Swatch feels cheap and plasticky compared to this AP.

Hope this helps

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: gilrob

Swiss_goupil

Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
Few pictures:
42d268dbe64f9d59b2d3a8e9a0c2a3f0.jpg

3a440b6ba8ca1fe47e21cbff533d1de6.jpg

e7403d1fcd5c7012c95535f52c9e88e5.jpg

1328b6e785aba0f008bdbfdc8ee9e8a7.jpg

Reactions: gilrob

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
When I acquired this daily beater I was not expecting much to be honest. I have both an ZF AP 15400 V5 and ZF AP 15500 but I wanted a ROC as it is one of my favourite AP. I also wanted something I could wear doing shores in the garden or DIY at home hence my search on DHgate.

Firstly NOTHING in the rep market today is satisfactory if you are looking for a ROC but the closest is definitely this quartz model. it has the closest proportions in terms of global shape and thickness (11.35mm).

Quality wise it is definitely not on par with ZF. All the brushing and polishing are correct but the finish is not as neat. How can it be when it costs less then 20% of the price? But does it feel 20% of the quality? Absolutely not. The watch feels actually solid for $75 which is impressive. The bracelet is slightly more rattly compared to the ZF (which isn’t fantastic if you ask me) but it feels well made for the price. The hybrid quartz-mechanical movement is solid too with a beautifully working chronograph.

The closest watch I can compare it to is the Swatch Night flight. Unfortunately the Swatch feels cheap and plasticky compared to this AP.

Hope this helps

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you so much for your comments and pictures. They are both quite informative and detailed in providing some insight to this watch.

Jupi

Looking Around
17/5/21
Didn get to find this thread till too late :(
Got a ROC , and ended up having no moving chronograph.
Dont mind if the subdials dont work, but at least the main hand should...!

Thats like having a watch with no "seconds hand" moving.
Just a static looking watch - still works behind the scenes and keeps up with time.
Still the most beautiful watch
But it looks so lifeless :(

ThePlayboy

Known Member
14/1/14

The OMF can be modified to around 12mm, still not 11mm like the gen, but way better than the 14,5 out of the box. It‘s also waterproof.

Swiss_goupil

Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
Domi made the movement into a manual one, shaved the casebook and the midcase.

It looks good but the cost is prohibitive for most people I guess and loosing the automatic fonction is no no for me.

There are movements out there (4130 as the same layout and spacing) that could be used by factories to build a slim version of this watch. They will come one day….