• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

**Caution Dealing with WBK

Carlos Ortiz

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/11/16
Well Stans reps arent super reps , they are ususally 2813 , budget reps and are priced as such ....

SO lets wait for qc pics ....
From the qc pics I could not tell the 3,6,9 numbers were not correct also I never got a side pic if the seadweller. Im not asking for a refund or anything im a patient person just would like him to fix them.

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
From the qc pics I could not tell the 3,6,9 numbers were not correct also I never got a side pic if the seadweller. Im not asking for a refund or anything im a patient person just would like him to fix them.

so can we see them or not ? the qc pics ?

WackoBirdKeeper

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
23/3/06
New Jersey, USA
In the new airking 3-6-9 are chromed and the others (5-10-20...) are white
(looks not lumed)
https://www.rolex.com/it/watches/air...6900-0001.html

Actually, this was taken directly off of the Rolex web site just now. This is an extreme close up of the dial:

https://www.rolex.com/watches/air-ki...180616051605:s

MRXJ8A.jpg

Anyone can clearly see that there is a lume center to the 9 on this image.

Lets please put this into perspective. This is an under $200.00 watch that was even given an additional discount because this person purchased more than one watch.
And we are talking about REPLICAS here. If anyone believes that they are getting the "exact" equivalent of a GEN Rolex for under $200.00 they have an unrealistic expectation. For the money this is a good looking solid watch that will give years of service. And while not perfect in every detail, it is a pretty decent replication at a very cost effective price.

And.......as I previously stated, HAD THIS PERSON KEPT THE PROTECTIVE PACKING ON THE WATCH AND WAS ABLE TO RETURN IT IN NEW CONDITION, WE WOULD NOT BE HAVING THIS CONVERSATION.

For gods sake, he did not have to remove the clear plastic to see what he construes as faults with the watch. If I take these watches back they are NOT new anymore and I do not sell used watches.

Last edited:

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
WackoBirdKeeper I feel sorry for you having to deal with such petty complaining. Carlos Ortiz the air king is correct. I agree the seadweller looks thick, but unfortunately the situation is what it is, you open the wrapping and now it's a used watch
I'd suggest you put it up on m2m and order a better example and take the loss as a learning experience. The air king looks nice to me, however.

Reactions: SuperLory

Carlos Ortiz

6/11/16
WackoBirdKeeper I feel sorry for you having to deal with such petty complaining. Carlos Ortiz the air king is correct. I agree the seadweller looks thick, but unfortunately the situation is what it is, you open the wrapping and now it's a used watch
I'd suggest you put it up on m2m and order a better example and take the loss as a learning experience. The air king looks nice to me, however.

Well I guess you cant see the 3,6,9 NUMBERS !!!!!!!! the rep numbers are white gen is chrome!!!

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Well I guess you cant see the 3,6,9 NUMBERS !!!!!!!! the rep numbers are white gen is chrome!!!

Ok, I finally figured out what was the issue with the airking. They used the 3,6,9 from an explorer I. The airking has silver Arabic numerals with a white surround vs the explorer I has a silver plot filled with lume.
2016-Rolex-Explorer-1-New-Lume-vs-Air-King-Case-Size-Comparison74cf2a833a9afead.jpg

Better pictures would have made this easier to see, at least for myself. Personally, if the inaccurate indicies bother you, best to sell it m2m as suggested above for the seadweller and pick up a better version. Personally, the 21 j movement beating at 6 vps vs the 8 vps for gen is more annoying then the indice inaccuracies. Just my 2 cents. Best wishes for a resolution, but since QA was accepted and wrapping removed, not many other options then selling it off m2m and getting a version you are happy with. Sorry that you had an issue like this, but unfortunately they happen.

lorenzo1910

I'm Pretty Popular
12/2/18
Tuscany - Italy
Anyone can clearly see that there is a lume center to the 9 on this image.
Mate, I see that the lume (if any) is outside the number...

But...Before any reply... please keep in mind that I'm not sided with customer nor by you.
I was trying to help to identify the correct numbers colour.

It is also clear to me that if he gots the QC pics of the watch that you later sent him (and he accepted them) then... this is a useless thread.

About the numbers : while searching on Google the pics of the new Airking I can see that in most of them the 3-6-9 digit looks like black... it is a common issue of the shiny surfaces (often happens with the hands)

Have a look here (but there's a plenty of images that show the shiny numbers)
https://www.bobswatches.com/rolex-blog/rolex-fashion/12-shots-new-air-king-get-board.html

capice

I'm Pretty Popular
12/12/07
Maybe it depends on the year the watch was issued....I don't want to choose sides here but when I see pics from a different angle on the gen Airking, to me it certainly is silver instead of white...so I guess the buyer is correct on this...no lume on the 3,6 and 9 but on the rest.

https://www.bobswatches.com/rolex-blog/rolex-info/watch-air-king-reference-116900.html

https://www.horobox.com/en/review-de...rolex-air-king

On the other end, it is a rep in the lower pricerange and considering the special discount not worth the hassle....
Rolex_AirKing_116900-5D3_9188-Edit.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	Rolex_AirKing_116900-5D3_9188-Edit.jpg Views:	1 Size:	87.1 KB ID:	6841160

WackoBirdKeeper

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
23/3/06
New Jersey, USA
Ok, I finally figured out what was the issue with the airking. They used the 3,6,9 from an explorer I. The airking has silver Arabic numerals with a white surround vs the explorer I has a silver plot filled with lume.
2016-Rolex-Explorer-1-New-Lume-vs-Air-King-Case-Size-Comparison74cf2a833a9afead.jpg

Better pictures would have made this easier to see, at least for myself. Personally, if the inaccurate indicies bother you, best to sell it m2m as suggested above for the seadweller and pick up a better version. Personally, the 21 j movement beating at 6 vps vs the 8 vps for gen is more annoying then the indice inaccuracies. Just my 2 cents. Best wishes for a resolution, but since QA was accepted and wrapping removed, not many other options then selling it off m2m and getting a version you are happy with. Sorry that you had an issue like this, but unfortunately they happen.

Both of these versions of the EXP1 are correct.

It depends on the year the EXP1 was made. Rolex changed the watch. I believe the change was in 2016.

Apparently the Air King was subject to the same change. Neither appears to be wrong, However, my QC images were of the watch that this person received.
Once again, he saw the watch BEFORE he paid for it and approved it.
Why is that so hard for anyone to understand. This is the entire point of the QC images.

IF THE BUYER GETS QC IMAGES OF THE EXACT WATCH THAT THE BUYER RECEIVES THEN THERE SHOULD BE NO ARGUMENT.

There will always be variations from model year to model year. That doesn't make the model wrong. Just different as per the GEN differs.

Carlos Ortiz

6/11/16
Both of these versions of the EXP1 are correct.

It depends on the year the EXP1 was made. Rolex changed the watch. I believe the change was in 2016.

Apparently the Air King was subject to the same change. Neither appears to be wrong, However, my QC images were of the watch that this person received.
Once again, he saw the watch BEFORE he paid for it and approved it.
Why is that so hard for anyone to understand. This is the entire point of the QC images.

IF THE BUYER GETS QC IMAGES OF THE EXACT WATCH THAT THE BUYER RECEIVES THEN THERE SHOULD BE NO ARGUMENT.

There will always be variations from model year to model year. That doesn't make the model wrong. Just different as per the GEN differs.

Your QC pics of both watches are deceiving so what exuse are you gonna say about the sea dweller. I hope everyone reads this

capice

I'm Pretty Popular
12/12/07
I dont have them anymore ....!!! He uses the same qc pics tell him to post em. Has nothing to do with qcs these are deceiving pics anyways

you just bought the watches and you don't have the QCpics anymore??? You have been asked at least 5 times and now you come with that?
Now that is a bummer.....You are complaining on something you cannot proof, so why go on and on ......

machim

19/7/17
Dude, everyone here know there is always fault in Rep. that’s why you need to research the version and factory you are buying. I see nothing wrong with the TD here. It likes buying a rep gold watch and complain it’s gold plate and not pure gold as it supported to be per gen

Reactions: Ben1975

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17
I'm reading this. And my conclusion is WBK has done absolutely nothing wrong.

To be honest these type of threads always end up with the OP being abused by the usual suspects . With the consensus being that TD's can do no wrong/ are blameless , and poster is a whining bitch . Never seen one go any other way .

freediver

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/17
I dont have them anymore ....!!! He uses the same qc pics tell him to post em. Has nothing to do with qcs these are deceiving pics anyways

dude ,there is a recycle bin icon on your desktop
search in there, a file is not so easily lost like paper in RL