• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

6263 Project. Val23, DW, Vietnam, all the goodies :)

Yellobird

I'm Pretty Popular
3/8/15
Guys, I am happy to announce that my DW 6263 powered by DW’s MysteryMovement that died 2 years ago is about to be transformed!

Here is some goodies gathered so far:

Beautiful gen spec MK3 Swiss made pushers:

Genuine 702 Crown:

Generic 7020 Tube:

And last but not least:

Val23:

Viet dial and bezel combo (note hooked 7s, flat S and correct 110):

I am excited and cannot wait to get this beauty all working and looking amazing.

Work will be done by one of our members Cosmograph4Ever , he seems to know his way around Daytonas, if you have any beauties modded by him, please share too!

Cheers!

Ishmael

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
31/3/14
Oh thanks for doing all that mate, I'll take it back when you're done :giggle:

Reactions: Yellobird

Dpap

Renowned Member
Gold Patron
Certified
20/6/13
Stupid question, but why did you go with a v23? If you are going to do this, why not spend a but more and get a v72?

Reactions: Cosmograph4Ever

k94n99

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/3/20
Right, queue starts here to place your order...(sigh)

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Cosmograph4Ever

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
3/3/20
Stupid question, but why did you go with a v23? If you are going to do this, why not spend a but more and get a v72?

The DW mystery movement case is machined for a Valjoux 23, a 72 wouldn’t fit. :)

Also, the Valjoux 23 is a perfect budget option, especially nowadays, V72s are around 2.5k+ - A V23 can be used in a V72 case with some mods btw. The only missing function is the hour counter but that is an acceptable compromise imo.

Reactions: jcher and Dpap

Cosmograph4Ever

INMATE
3/3/20
Work will be done by one of our members Cosmograph4Ever , he seems to know his way around Daytonas, if you have any beauties modded by him, please share too!

I’m happy and humbled that I am allowed to put this together for you and to share my knowledge. The 6263 is my passion so it is a mutual joy.

Yellobird

I'm Pretty Popular
3/8/15

For a v72 one needs a special DW case made for v72 and these are crazy rare. I actually had one DW with v72 and I sold it back in 2011, so now the v23 will have to do as it is a straight swap for DW’s MysteryMovement in this particular case.

Here is my previous v72 piece:

Yellobird

I'm Pretty Popular
3/8/15
Let me share some Viet eyecandy, just received fresh pics of the dial from the modder:

bc1221

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/4/14
Beautiful build for sure!

Mine says hello.

e99f719ad5a62bf89a276e1774abe799.jpg

She needs a valjuxx though. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tysodrum

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
21/8/10
I can attest to all of his work - he’s the best. Not just with cosmos! :) anyone that wants some of the best work should get in his cue. I am super jealous of this piece, but he’s got one of my DWs as I type. Super exciting! Congrats, you will love it.

Yellobird

I'm Pretty Popular
3/8/15
I can attest to all of his work - he’s the best. Not just with cosmos! :) anyone that wants some of the best work should get in his cue. I am super jealous of this piece, but he’s got one of my DWs as I type. Super exciting! Congrats, you will love it.

Great to hear that! Yeah, he seems to be a true Vintage Daytona fanatic, attention to detail seems second to none. Cannot wait to see a completed project of mine and completed project of yours!

Yellobird

I'm Pretty Popular
3/8/15
DW v23 sans the viet dial (I prefer the bold print of the DW dial)
48a8037b27b925b46488ca6a892e892e.jpg

The thing that always bothered me most in DW watches was how shiny his subdials were, it was really annoying. Viet gives that proper matte black look.

Ishmael

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
31/3/14
The thing that always bothered me most in DW watches was how shiny his subdials were, it was really annoying. Viet gives that proper matte black look.

Speaking of which, does your modder know of any reliable way to take off the subdial shine without obscuring the printing?

Reactions: Cosmograph4Ever

Yellobird

I'm Pretty Popular
3/8/15
Speaking of which, does your modder know of any reliable way to take off the subdial shine without obscuring the printing?

I asked a few and all said that it is impossible.

With availability of Vietnam dials which now have amazingly good print it makes no real sense to experiment I guess.

Cosmograph4Ever

INMATE
3/3/20

Thanks buddy, you flatter me. Happy to have you as a friend! :)

Reactions: Tysodrum

Cosmograph4Ever

INMATE
3/3/20
Great to hear that! Yeah, he seems to be a true Vintage Daytona fanatic, attention to detail seems second to none. Cannot wait to see a completed project of mine and completed project of yours!

I‘ll take pics of both on my table as I‘ll have them together :)