rolex 16014 16030 case - reshape of a cartel 2824 case [WIP]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey mate,

This looks very promising. In my opinion you reached a point where the rest of the watch (dial, crown, crystal, etc.) needs more work than the case itself. If you could reproduce this in quantities, you're golden. Brilliant work on the hole drilling jig.

I'd take a 2824 16030 case of yours.

Comment

Originally posted by riderocket View Post
      Hey mate,

This looks very promising. In my opinion you reached a point where the rest of the watch (dial, crown, crystal, etc.) needs more work than the case itself. If you could reproduce this in quantities, you're golden. Brilliant work on the hole drilling jig.

I'd take a 2824 16030 case of yours.
      Great to know Sir .

Tomorrow or in the next day i will start drilling 1mm holes for a my personal 16000 case . I will fit a 25-135 glass and a gen engine turned bezel .

For example i need same advice for the next 16000 case .

First of all : spring bar for a 16000 case (what are the correct one to use?

Second of all : crown for 1016 and 16000 case ( a good quality replica )

this is my latest crown buyed .the one in the picture https://www.ebay.it/itm/293334557443

Comment

Originally posted by maikols View Post

Great to know Sir .

Tomorrow or in the next day i will start drilling 1mm holes for a my personal 16000 case . I will fit a 25-135 glass and a gen engine turned bezel .

Second of all : crown for 1016 and 16000 case ( a good quality replica )

this is my latest crown buyed .the one in the picture https://www.ebay.it/itm/293334557443

You can count me on a 16000 series case too lol. I’ve been following this for a while now. Do you have a price for these yet?

Comment

Great to know Sir .

I'll measure for you in the evening

Comment

maikols as far as the springbars are are concerned, you need 20mm width, 1.78mm diameter double flanged. You can find them both in gen and rep in fairly low prices. I believe gen is around 3-4€ for a pack of 10.

Comment

Originally posted by Kingsman View Post
              maikols as far as the springbars are are concerned, you need 20mm width, 1.78mm diameter double flanged. You can find them both in gen and rep in fairly low prices. I believe gen is around 3-4€ for a pack of 10.
              where i can find it ? do you have link for ebay or amazon? Thank you

Originally posted by bootlegboy View Post
              You can count me on a 16000 series case too lol. I’ve been following this for a while now. Do you have a price for these yet?
              I think less or more 250 euro.

So Raddave this is the result of the new bezel . On monday i will install it on a fresh tropical 25-22 glass

Comment

maikols cousinsuk.com/category/filter/spring-bar-super-search “Length” 20mm, “Style” Rolex

Comment

I got this
                  https://www.ebay.it/itm/122439662143

Inviato dal mio STF-L09 utilizzando Tapatalk

Comment

I think less or more 250 euro.

Awesome. Been wanting a nice DJ build for a while now. Gen cases are so hard to find lol

Comment

Wait tomorrow I hope my team will release a case with 1 mm holes

Comment

Measured for you. I only have one 160xx DJ, and it uses the shoulderless spring bars.

0.85mm is the diameter at the end of the spring bar that fits perfectly to the case hole. I suppose that means somewhere in between 0.9 - 1mm hole for the case. I don't have the tools to measure the case hole itself.

Hope it helps.
                        Last edited by riderocket; 26-03-20, 22:15. Reason: Clarification

Comment

Measured for you. I only have one 160xx DJ, and it uses the shoulderless spring bars.

0.85mm is the diameter at the end of the spring bar that fits perfectly to the case hole. I suppose that means somewhere in between 0.9 - 1mm hole for the case. I don't have the tools to measure the case hole itself.

Hope it helps.
                          Thank you sir. This kind of spring bar are in the way.

Next what about a good 6mm crown?
                          Are avaible a good one on ebay or where?
                          Let's. Check if I have to retap the crown hole

Comment

The 160xx series uses the 24-600 Twinlock crown.
                            I'm not aware of any readily available rep of that crown, that looks close enough to the original.
                            If I were to spend > €250 on a case I'd buy a gen crown for around €60 (+ fitting tube). That means re-drilling and re-tapping the crown tube thread. It shouldn't be difficult for someone who is able to drill lug holes.

Again, this is only my opinion, perhaps someone else knows a good source of a rep crown.
                            Last edited by riderocket; 27-03-20, 08:02.

Comment

The 160xx series uses the 24-600 Twinlock crown.
                              I'm not aware of any readily available rep of that crown, that looks close enough to the original.
                              If I were to spend > €250 on a case I'd buy a gen crown for around €60 (+ fitting tube). That means re-drilling and re-tapping the crown tube thread. It shouldn't be difficult for someone who is able to drill lug holes.

Again, this is only my opinion, perhaps someone else knows a good source of a rep crown.
                              Yes this is why i asked you for a good aftermarket crown+tube not expensive . So i can drill and tab the tube thread and install it .

This let's people to buy only the crown coz the crown tube accept original one .
                              where you can find an original crown for 60$ ??

regards

Comment

Tube is easy, there are plenty of cheap aftermarket.

Crown is a bit more difficult: M2M, ebay, if you are lucky, you can find one for around €60. Used of course, in various conditions. It's a gambit as with all used gen parts...

Comment

Working...
                                X