• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The Best 5513 case.

kilowattore

Sales Moderator / Section Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
Great reference, thank you trip. Makes you see that any decent case can be great with the right hands working on it.

Reactions: tripdog

jomtones

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/7/19
The first set of photos reminds me of when a dog has puppies and they’re lined up and photographed.

No 4 (the 4 line dial) is on my wrist at the moment and it looks even better in person. As mine is the cartel case, the comparison with gen and Vietnam parts has made me more appreciative of how good Trip’s work is. It’s hard for me to tell the differences even when the cases are lined up. Thanks again trip!

Reactions: tripdog

sseyffert

Looking Around
7/7/17
Interesting comparison! Which of these cases would take an original 5120 movement, original dial and crown? And what modications would be needed to make it exactly the same as the original 5513 case?

jerseybean

Horology Curious
9/4/11
That would be rrtvrn - adding his eBay name to the thread so anyone searching for him finds this thread.

Yup, I purchased a caseback from rrtvn, I think he used a gen image of it. Once I received it, I noticed the fonts were completely off and sent it right back to him.

Last edited:

jerseybean

Horology Curious
9/4/11
What in your consideration was the best out of the box case, I've been looking at Phong, and Ruby - both are great sellers.

hologramet

24/6/13
The shape of the PCGs is not even close to the shape of a later 5513 cases. You make it appear as facts. Have you ever held a gen PCG and a several gen regular CG in your hands? All of then shift during the production run. However the biggest shift does occur from PCG to rCG.

ff6167d27e2d8f683bb0759bb3829904.jpg

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
The shape of the PCGs is not even close to the shape of a later 5513 cases.

Yes, how perceptive of you.

You make it appear as facts.

I made no factual claims in my OP.

Have you ever held a gen PCG and a several gen regular CG in your hands?

Yes.

All of then shift during the production run.

No they don't. There were 2 distinct shapes for PCG, but normal CGs proportions remained fairly constant throughout the entire production run of 5513s - the differences you can see in photos on the internet is down to the degree of polishing and refinishing the watch case has been subjected too.

However the biggest shift does occur from PCG to rCG.

It's the only change - there are pointed crown guards and rounded crown guards.

hologramet

24/6/13
I’m not talking about polished cases. I’m talking about mint/near mint ones.

No. PCG cases are slimmer. Period.
Similar with regular ones.. thay have different CGs, with the early 64 etc having slimmer crown guards and also not as tall. Also the backside of the lugs are more curved.

There’s a reason I attached the picture I attached.

7 years ago I thought exactly like you. But I kept my beliefs to myself and kept learning.

If you want to keep believing the world is momochrome it ain’t my job to explain colors. But when you share misinformation...

That’s all I have to say. Those who read this thread at least have a counter-point.

Last edited:
Reactions: The_Drunken_Sniper

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
I’m not talking about polished cases. I’m talking about mint/near mint ones.

Your talking about crown guards - specifically crown guards - you made no mention of case height in your post.

No. PCG cases are slimmer. Period.
Similar with regular ones.. thay have different CGs, with the early 64 etc having slimmer crown guards and also not as tall. Also the backside of the lugs are more curved.

If you have measured the height of a new PCG case as it was when it came out of the factory then you may possibly be right. And we had already established the basic facts in discussion here - PCG cases and later cases have different shaped CGs.

There’s a reason I attached the picture I attached.

Hmmm ?

I have absolutely no idea why you are posting in this thread, your comments are irrelevant as at no point did I claim there was no difference between a PCG case and a later rounded CG case.

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
If it can help, this is a genuine 5512 PCG 1.62

Dbane also mentioned that there might be a difference of thickness between PCG and RCG. in this thread:

https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/rolex-tudor-replicas/257467-pcg-5513-project-v1

That case has been refinished quite a few times which would remove about 0.2 - 0.3 off the case height. 5513 case with standard CGs usually measure just under 5 mm, around 4.7 - 4.8 mm. But as I said before, I've never measured a stock, unpolished, 5513 case - whatever the CG variant.

Still don't even understand why this is being discussed, as it has absolutely nothing to do with the OP.

hologramet

24/6/13
All the cases have been reworked/refinished except for the Ruby Vietnam case, which is completely stock - there's one PCG in there, but the case shape and proportions for PCGs are the same as for case with normal CGs - the cases stay in the same order from left to right in both the profile pics.

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12

I remember you now !

You're the guy whose wife divorced him, you took refuge in anabolic steroids, shaved all your body hair off and started wearing a gas mask. Then you decided to present to the world 5 'specially made' 5513 builds that you generously offered to sell for 2700 euros a piece - with no genuine parts in the build.

Which nobody was interested in buying BTW.

I remember that thread, LOL, you had half the forum telling you to seek psychological help.

So, what have you been up to - apart from the anabolics, the body hair shaving and the gas mask wearing ?

• Haha
Reactions: GDorantes13

hologramet

24/6/13
Keep attacking the marriage of a man whose wife is now dead in ovarian cancer. Ignorance. You. Point proven ad nauseum.

Reactions: The_Drunken_Sniper