• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

"The Official Big Crown Club" - post your pics!

sonoffrog

12/7/16
Official Big Crown Club......post your pics!

Loving this thread gentleman, I know a lot about modern Rolex's and never really liked the vintage ones until I joined this forum,
Now I'm lusting after a big crown more than anything...

I'm not much of a watch-smith and don't have a large budget, what are my off the shelf options for a big crown 6538?
I've seen HR and would love one but at around $650 it's a little pricey for me,
I've been scanning Silix and saw they had a few budget 6538 lookalikes, I'd be happy to try and mod a watch myself as long as I can obtain the parts and not feel I've lost too much money when I ham fist the movement into an ornate bottle cap.

(Goes without saying, Sub'd)

Sent from the RWI mobile app [emoji636]

Retina

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
18/12/14
The HR 6538 is the best OOB rep which will last a long time given its ETA movement. Silix is usually used as a base for mods

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Limer

Renowned Member
4/5/16
So quiet in here... Lets make some noise. Where all your BCs at?

GC

I'm Pretty Popular
1/2/10

My sentiments exactly... I don't see many photos, but I guess the collection of photos Retina posted from across the fora is the best of the best. I keep finding myself going back and drooling ;)

Retina

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
18/12/14

My sentiments exactly... I don't see many photos, but I guess the collection of photos Retina posted from across the fora is the best of the best. I keep finding myself going back and drooling ;)

im still looking out for new builds to add in.. ;)

Bart Cordell

I'm Pretty Popular
14/7/15

im still looking out for new builds to add in.. ;)

I have a new project in mind to replace my silix 6538.

Meanwhile...
e4a6768c832476711f67380ba2b91a9f.jpg

[emoji632]

thinwhiteduke

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/16
Gentlemen, will chime with pictures as soon as mine arrives. It already did but I had to return it last August 26 since the movement was defective with tons of issues. Kinda shared this frustration with [MENTION=93698]Retina[/MENTION]. But it's sorted out already and am just waiting for a tracking number.

Will also share my attempt at a [MENTION=108254]Bart Cordell[/MENTION] gilt dial, and I'm just waiting for his reply re correct process.

So quiet in here... Lets make some noise. Where all your BCs at?

Bart Cordell

I'm Pretty Popular
14/7/15

Ahh. He is definitely an artist. I love all of his work. Just saw a Tudor build he posted next door. His case reshaping is always on point!

Yes ! And a very nice guy.
This work is the best that can be done with HR Big Crown.
dd4be456de307d75ba82bb5daf14ad1e.jpg

[emoji632]