• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Tudor Black Bay 36mm Rep v Gen comparison (new Super Clone?)

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
Anyone have a spare link for this watch they would like to sell me?

evan

31/3/06
lol, yes I forgot to say its the left, some of the pics look like the watch on the left is bigger as well, but its just a mini difference in closer to the camera

winding etc is usual for a rep, no where as smooth as my gen, but thats to be expected, I sold my gen today! one day after getting this, after I oiled the bracelet it felt just as weighty and solid. great rep

PS there is no time setting...

English Gent just want to confirm, are you saying the rep does not have the date setting in the same way the gen does? Or are you saying that only the gen does not have the date setting crown position and they are different in this regard? Great comparison!

Thanks!

adisarhk

Horology Curious
23/7/19
I am rejecting this qc but need advise

https://imgur.com/a/mpUZTwU

the 6 marker is not centered and my dealer isnt willing to change it saying its too small of a defect. He says to either take refund or buy new dial and they install it.

he says factory wont accept for small issue like this. If so why do we do a qc ?

i am very new to this so pls advise what I can do ?

pcghill

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/9/17
I am rejecting this qc but need advise

https://imgur.com/a/mpUZTwU

the 6 marker is not centered and my dealer isnt willing to change it saying its too small of a defect. He says to either take refund or buy new dial and they install it.

he says factory wont accept for small issue like this. If so why do we do a qc ?

i am very new to this so pls advise what I can do ?

Seems you are being too picky... I would have take it

Reactions: HomeRye

rdtn006

Horology Curious
18/7/19
I just received my first rep. Really happy with my purchase.

Everything was good, however I notice the hands and marker indices have different color. I am not sure if the gen also has those differences. Other than that, it's perfect.

https://imgur.com/a/jQGX7Zt
ia5B8iv.jpg

Last edited:

littlej2455

Looking Around
4/8/19
Thinking of getting this rep. Having a hard time deciding between the 36 or 41mm. Anyone know why there is about a $50 price difference (36mm is more expensive)? They have the same movements. Thank you!

Lotdem

Known Member
12/6/19
The rep hands are sitting too far off the dial. Needs the Miyota movement, then possibly super rep.

Plantagenet

7/12/18
Europe
Wow nice rep! A little expensive though.
Let’s hope for a V2 without the slight lume mismatch.

I just saw the gen at the AD, very nice piece overall.

Reactions: douimen

Cadows

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/18
Europe
Thinking of getting this rep. Having a hard time deciding between the 36 or 41mm. Anyone know why there is about a $50 price difference (36mm is more expensive)? They have the same movements. Thank you!

Different factories and quality.

thrillofhunt

Put Some Respect On My Name
Gold Patron
Certified
8/2/11
The flaw that I cant overlook is the fact that they made the stem too long or the crown tube too short. The stainless steel part is showing out even when fully screwed in. My wifes gen doesnt have this flaw.

magic2

Known Member
20/2/15
Next to the flatter print bothers me that the second hand seems to be a bit longer. Since I saw it for the first time, I can not look away anymore, but I'm nitpicking...! Waiting for v2.