• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Black Bay 58

thediesel17

Iron Man
7/7/19
Can you post pics? A lot of these QC pics seem to show crooked markers, but I feel like it might be the crystal...

315fbb6f44648e38d924a70f98a65db8.jpg
f0fd9bf5156e1b9c45b8e36e3b0f5dda.jpg

sold it because it was a bit small, but the watch looks and feels really good. no crooked markers

Reactions: Dissemination

Ronald

Known Member
20/4/15
I’ve hardly ever seen a ZF BB58 without misalignments... really keeps me from pulling the trigger. I wish they would improve their QC and come out with a V3 that eliminates some of the minor flaws...

Same, the markers should at least be aligned. Also hope for a v3.

Dissemination

Renowned Member
15/6/19
San Jose, CA
I just havent noticed near as much "crookedness" as I have for this particular rep... I assumed it had to be the perspective of the camera in many cases. Anyways, hopefully the ZF black bays (41 mm) I ordered are better haha.

iamxd

9/8/17
Europe
Black Bay GMT also had marker issues as far as I remember and dw alignment

But great watch ootb, I owned it for a few months :)

Stuessi

Renowned Member
9/6/16
Hi all, quick question. Do you think a baby oil bath is necssary for the bracelet or is it fine out of the box? Should receive mine tomorrow :)

Sent from my STF-L09 using Tapatalk

michi_werner

Known Member
21/8/18
Hi all, quick question. Do you think a baby oil bath is necssary for the bracelet or is it fine out of the box? Should receive mine tomorrow :)

Sent from my STF-L09 using Tapatalk

I have not heard anyone say it’s necessary, but I think it will improve the feeling anyways

Reactions: Stuessi

Limjac39

Horology Curious
9/8/19
Oh yes.. I spent SGD40 to get a watch smith to realign the snowflake hour hand because it’s uneven / crooked.. sadly this is hardly possible to spot from QC pics.

Reactions: lambo79

Parto

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/7/18
UK
I've had a similar response from intime. They are effectively saying the site pics have a long crown tube so that is what you should expect from the V2 watch.

I initially rejected a very similar watch (below) because of the long tube but have been told it is this watch or a refund.

For those of you that have versions with longer tube has it been an issue in day to day use. I appreciate looking at images full screen on a computer can be very different to on the wrist.
20191206-081604.jpg

michi_werner

Known Member
21/8/18
I've had a similar response from intime. They are effectively saying the site pics have a long crown tube so that is what you should expect from the V2 watch.

I initially rejected a very similar watch (below) because of the long tube but have been told it is this watch or a refund.

For those of you that have versions with longer tube has it been an issue in day to day use. I appreciate looking at images full screen on a computer can be very different to on the wrist.
20191206-081604.jpg

I’m pretty sure that there have been photos posted of much shorter tubes. They were still too long compared to Gen though.

I’ve asked Angus from Puretime if he knows if a V3 is possible, but no response yet in that thread...