• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Black Bay 58

Rolorin

Known Member
3/10/17
The lugs are 20mm, so a 20mm/18mm leather strap would work well. 20mm full strap would be better for a NATO or fabric.

zyloh

Horology Curious
26/4/18
Just got QC photos from TD. What you guys think

Last edited:

jackflash

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
12/10/12
EU
Just got QC photos from TD. What you guys think
Looks good! You probably won't get better with this batch. I had to reject 2 QC watches from Puretime before accepting the 3rd one. I'd ask them if the crown is screwed all the way in though, it looks a little high.
2573b01192df9955f0cd8d0eea3142a3.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: zyloh

zyloh

Horology Curious
26/4/18
Looks good! You probably won't get better with this batch. I had to reject 2 QC watches from Puretime before accepting the 3rd one. I'd ask them if the crown is screwed all the way in though, it looks a little high.

I've been reading up and it looks like this batch has a bunch of QC issues from alignment to pearl issues. The QC i received looks good with the exception of the pearl. This of course could be all in my head as I've been staring at the photos for a good time :shok:

jackflash

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
12/10/12
EU
I've been reading up and it looks like this batch has a bunch of QC issues from alignment to pearl issues. The QC i received looks good with the exception of the pearl. This of course could be all in my head as I've been staring at the photos for a good time :shok:

Pearl looks good to me (remember, I rejected 2 watches with pearl issues.) I don’t think you’ll get a better one from this batch.
9dce03eac877d1e1aafeee757d558108.jpg

zyloh

Horology Curious
26/4/18
Pearl looks good to me (remember, I rejected 2 watches with pearl issues.) I don’t think you’ll get a better one from this batch.

Thanks for the 2nd opinion. You start seeing things when you stare at the same picture for an hour.

Last edited:

jackflash

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
12/10/12
EU
Would go for one from PureTime. It’s not being touted as “V2”. However, the ZF version they have in stock has addressed the lume and crown height.
a743fc9ab755a9b0d6a63c416521ff13.jpg

Rolorin

Known Member
3/10/17
Why would intime get "v2" corrected hands and only puretime gets both corrected hands and tube? It seems unlikely one td would get a different update to another.

The v2/v1 images above seem to be the same image....

Copa

Horology Curious
1/1/15
I just received my QC photos from I think it looks terrible. can you guys help me with that ?
-Hands and hour markers lume is not the same color
-Scratches on the case and bracelet
-bad printing quality of the serial number.
what do you guys think ?
here is a link to the album with the original QC photos and some photos with my remarks.
would love to hear your thoughts.
thanks!
https://imageshack.com/a/XHso/1

Last edited:

Rolorin

Known Member
3/10/17
I'd take that link down... includes your full address on the mailing envelope.

And reject for v1 mismatched lume, but I don't think those are all scratches. Note that v2 has a lot of wonky aligned indices when you get second qc.

Copa

Horology Curious
1/1/15
I'd take that link down... includes your full address on the mailing envelope.

And reject for v1 mismatched lume, but I don't think those are all scratches. Note that v2 has a lot of wonky aligned indices when you get second qc.

thank you so much the remark. I deleted the photo!