• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Black Bay 58

Dissemination

Renowned Member
15/6/19
San Jose, CA
just received some pics. Crown length seems good. 12 o clock Marker is ok. 9o clock marker seems a bit off. Or could that be through the angle and the glas?

I bet you it's the glass. A lot of these appear "off" to me which leads me to believe it's the glass/angle/lighting. Look at your 6 o'clock marker. Looks fine, but a tad justified to the left in your first pic. In second pic, it also looks a tad left justified, which would really be right justified since the watch is upside down.

Reactions: RepWatchNoob

MaraCarfagna

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/6/17
I'm in love!
hiWxR.jpg

DwightSchrute

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/10/19
EU
So is this watch nwbig with v2?

Sent from my STF-L09 using Tapatalk

This is my first rep, but my uneducated opinion is that it's not. Main thing (except for very bad qc from ZF) would be that the dial is lighter than gen. The bracelet is a little sharp around the edges, and the clasp is not perfect.

Speaking of which, how does this bracelet compare to one of the rolex sub reps? Since this is my first rep I'm curious how well made others are.

Reactions: Stuessi

Tommastie

Known Member
Certified
18/8/18
This is my first rep, but my uneducated opinion is that it's not. Main thing (except for very bad qc from ZF) would be that the dial is lighter than gen. The bracelet is a little sharp around the edges, and the clasp is not perfect.

Speaking of which, how does this bracelet compare to one of the rolex sub reps? Since this is my first rep I'm curious how well made others are.

The best rep bracelet I’ve ever experienced has been the arf sub bracelet.

Stuessi

Renowned Member
9/6/16
Does anyone know if there is a gen rep comparison around with actual pictures?

kryp29

Known Member
27/6/19
2LHrW.jpg

Heres my pictures, reposted. Too bad I got rid of the rep when I got my Gen.

Last edited:

bigtiddygothgf

7/10/18
is the pip on the genuine 58 rose gold? in every photo ive seen it does look like its rose gold.
the pip on the rep looks like its yellow gold in every picture ive seen.

Last edited:

kryp29

Known Member
27/6/19
If there’s ever a V3; importantly they should change the insert fonts thickness, Change their Tudor shield print which is an install tell, make the lume slightly patina white and fix the bracelet clasp and overall feel. The case itself is really well built, the hands are slightly thinner but not noticeable and improve the Pearl inserts consistency, QC and workmanship overall as my rep came with smudges on the hands.

Reactions: Ecender

Stuessi

Renowned Member
9/6/16
If there’s ever a V3; importantly they should change the insert fonts thickness, Change their Tudor shield print which is an install tell, make the lume slightly patina white and fix the bracelet clasp and overall feel. The case itself is really well built, the hands are slightly thinner but not noticeable and improve the Pearl inserts consistency, QC and workmanship overall as my rep came with smudges on the hands.
Would you buy the rep again or is the difference to the gen very big especially for the handling?

preppyr6

I'm Pretty Popular
29/10/15
24370811c4acc2614f493cfbc2e34c52.jpg

BB58 on JPM vintage leather strap (purchased from WatchObsession)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Ecender

kryp29

Known Member
27/6/19
Would you buy the rep again or is the difference to the gen very big especially for the handling?

I wouldn't say the rep is a NWBIG but it is a good 7-8/10 rep. If you've tried on the Gen, Difference is easy to tell them apart and you don't need any magnification just look at all those sunken bezel inserts with skinny bezel insert markers and the white lume paint. However on the wrist, it fits like a gen but slightly lighter.

If there are improvements I wouldn't mind buying a V3 or a better versions from another factory as a beater/backup. The Gen is truly a great piece to own as it is considered a true modern classic from Tudor, while they're not that expensive to own for now.

Last edited: