• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Any other E-Cig users?

MrYesterday

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/10
Itinerant
As a lot of you know, Audra and I are getting married, and going to try and have a kid soon. I promised her that I'd stop smoking and I keep my promises. A month and a half ago I saw an "electronic cigarette" at a local gas station. I thought "no carcinogens, and minimal nicotine, she can't complain too much". So I got the cheapest set they had. It came with one battery, a couple of "cartomizers" (they contain a reserve of the "liquid nicotine and flavor" and an atomizer to heat up, and turn the liquid into and vapor to inhale, and a charger.
1000000507.jpg

It was a good size, about the same diameter and length as the Marlboro Mediums that I've smoked for 6 years. I have to admit, the taste was off putting at first, but no worse than my 3rd or 4th cigarette of the day. I soon found a place (from someone in the forum CB) that sold different flavored "smoke juice" that I coud refill the disposable cartomizers with, instead of paying outrageous prices for more prefilled ones. So I ordered a few flavors,
1000000508.jpg

and I picked up an extra kit with another battery and 2 cartomizers, so that I'd have one battery charging, while I was using the other.
I figured out just how wet to keep the polyfill in the tips, and the best way to refill them. At the same time I realized that this "automatic e-cig" had a problem of turning on if the wind blew just right, or got bumped around, causing it to overheat, and melt the polyfill, so I set out to find a better alternative.

On the same site that I bought the "juice" they had generic, high quality kits that had more easily refillable cartomizers (or atomizers, if that's more your speed), larger, longer lasting batteries that are manual (you have to push a button when you inhale) so that I didn't have to worry about "accidental discharge" lol.

So, I pulled the trigger on one of the largest battery kits
1000000509.jpg

It came with 2 batteries (that are 6x the capacity of the NJoy e-cigs I started out with)
1000000510.jpg

, 5 cartomizers with removable stoppers for easy filling, a cone (more decorative from what I gather), a sample of tobacco flavored "juice", a drip tip (for "dry vaping", a charger, and a carrying case. I charged one of the batteries, loaded the cartomizer with mint juice, and tried it out. It hits a LOT stronger than the cheap one, you can feel it in your throat a lot better. You have to keep the cartomizer topped off, or it starts to taste a little bitter. Overall I love it though. Battery lasted me a full day (when the other lasted a couple hours of use before needing charged), it puts out a TON of vapor, and has a nice, heavy feel in the hand. Plus the flat end makes it easy to stand on end, so that I don't have to worry about it rolling away. I keep it in my pocket at all times, and use it a few times an hour, even when we're at places that banned smoking.

I'm proud to say I'll be 2 months free of smoking when we get married, and I have no urge to start again.

I know this isn't comprehensive, but a lot of people are trying to quit smoking like me, and haven't found a good way to accomplish it. I thought thought I'd share my secret weapon. ;)

I know it's nothing like Maty's Cohiba wrist shots, but this works for me. :)
IMG_0667.jpg

Anopsis

I'm Pretty Popular
5/8/09
Hey, kudos to you for making the effort! Do you plan to quit completely?

MrYesterday

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/10
Itinerant
Thanks, Anopsis. Well, It's been nearly 2 months without a cigarette. I don't plan to smoke again, but I'll keep an e-cig around. I'll just get the "smoke juice" with no nicotine. That way I can curb any craving I may have, but not worry about the stimulant/poison issue of the nicotine. lol

phillycheez

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/6/09
I'm trying to quit too. I'm down to a couple cigs a week.

Big ups for trying this out. Seems to be working for you. I have seen these at mall kiosks. Always wonder what they tasted and felt like.

Currently the taste of cigs are starting to make me sick and the taste isn't appetizing at all.

Ill soon be off for good. Nobody likes the smell of cigs.... plus i hate the lingering smell left on my nice shirts and jackets!

MrYesterday

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/10
Itinerant
They definitely work for me. I have no cravings for a cigarette at ALL. Cigarettes always tasted nasty to me after the first or second one of the day. These have a ton of different flavors from cuban cigar, to food, and beverages. I prefer the mint flavors, because my mouth always feels as though I just finished chewing gum.

Good luck ;)

MrYesterday

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/10
Itinerant
Nice, Robb. I never even tried searching for other e-cig posts on here. The one I got is basically the generic version of the one he got. It's still tough, and works well, just a few less "bells and whistles"

RobbDizzle

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/10
So what's is "feel" like to inhale? Comparable? Is it warm like a real smoke or cold? Do your lungs get all minty? I've been fascinated with the idea, know how it works, but don't know anyone personally that have tried it.

MrYesterday

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/10
Itinerant
There's what they call the "throat hit" like a cigarette, but not as harsh.you can feel it going into your lungs. It's not AS hot, but it is warm (except the mint flavored, because of the numbing effect). The higher the amperage going to the atomizer, the more vapor, and more you feel it. So really, the more you pay the better the effect, because the more powerful units cost a little more. There's really no residual flavor, it subsides a few seconds after you inhale, unlike a cigarette.
Kind of, Philly. But without the harsh edge that a hookah can have. Since it's not mixed with tobacco, you taste just the flavor.

RobbDizzle

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/10
That must be pretty smooth, then. From what I understand the hookah is smoother and less harsh smoke because it's run through water I guess....this is all hearsay because I don't have any hookah experience, mind you.

The cuban cigar flavor would be interesting...it would be weird to inhale that kind of flavor, since i'm already hardwired to NOT inhale when I taste that.

MrYesterday

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/10
Itinerant
They have e-cigars as well, most are disposable though. I've heard a lot of really great reviews of them, and they look pretty awesome. I'm thinking about getting a few for the next time my army buddies and I hang out.

sebzbox

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/8/08
I vape too, I stopped 16 months ago using ecigs. I never touched a real one since.

I tried everything, pills, patch, cold turkey and nothing worked.

I found everything on them on the ECF forum, now I'm using a silver bullet double barrel with the new disposable 510 cartomizers, I fill them using V4L juice ( apple and pear) with 8 mg nicotine/ml

I will never smoke a real one again but I will eventually have to stop using ecigs.... Still it's 100000000x safer than the real one!

It's really a life saver, I recommend it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sharrkey

Legendary Member
Advisor
14/6/08
I've just found this tread, and would really like to know more if possible. I bought a Eigarette not so long ago in a mall, but tbh find it horrible. Would you guys please post some direct links to the products that your using atm.

sharrkey

Legendary Member
Advisor
14/6/08
Thanks, i'll have a further read up, tbh the one i bought, i wasn't very impressed with, and kinda put me off. I would love to give up smoking..

I get mine from madvapes.com
This is the kit that I use, and I love it.
Any questions, just ask, there seem to be several of us here coming out of the woodwork. :)

MrYesterday

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/10
Itinerant
The cheap ones do suck. The flavors are putrid, they don't give you enough vapor, and they're a general PITA. With a better set up, proper maintenance, and a little reading on e-cig forums it's been smooth sailing for me so far. I wish you luck ;)

sharrkey

Legendary Member
Advisor
14/6/08
I smoke about 20 aday, and i've been currently changing brands every now and then reducing the strength of the cigs. My current ones are 7mg Tar, 0.6mg Nic, and 8mg of Carbon Monoxide(as i read off the box)
So would i be able to get a good E Cig that would match or be less than the above, with juice ect?

MrYesterday

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/10
Itinerant
E-Cigs have no tar, CO, or carcinogens. They're just glycerine, glycol, and nicotine (in whatever strength you prefer from 24mg, to 0mg). All that you inhale is water vapor, flavoring, and nicotine (if you buy the "juice" that contains it).