• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

High Quality Replica Pens - Interested?

seriph

I'm Pretty Popular
27/8/11
This is the genuine - the Tricorner hat is kinda important

At least they copied the colour correctly

02.jpg

orick

Looking Around
19/8/13
Yeah I was looking forward to the Jonathan swift as well since you told me about watcheden. I saw the photo and emailed them about the shape of the cap. No reply.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

seriph

I'm Pretty Popular
27/8/11
For all the work involved in making the damn thing in the first place, going lazyass on the finish line makes my brain hurt. I understand the tri-corner cap would be more challenging than round but it is THE SIGNATURE of the Swift...

Again it's an example that makers usually aren't marketers and in the case of so many who try to be both, they end up doing neither well.

This pen is precisely why I pay double or more for the RIGHT rep.

... And I have a few - of both qualities.

It's a journey

:D

Shinobi Samurai

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
29/6/14
So according to the purchase done by people here,which one can be declared as a super rep and please do not forget to mention the dealers name as well!

freeboy

Renowned Member
10/2/15
wiscrna - hope it works out mate ... I have received word back that the pens are a little lighter (colour not weight) than the original but I recall the colour of the one I returned, when I secretly took it to the MB shop to check it .... it was lighter than the first original I saw but only marginally .... that was a rolling ball, then I saw a fountain pen and it was lighter than both mine and the RB. I mentioned this to the salesperson and she gave me a standard response about "when we use natural materials there is a variation ...." blah blah - all I know is that if I am paying 3 grand for pens they will match - at least they'll match each other! I told her that and she produced two sets - they matched, but again each set was matched to itself, not with the other set ..... makes sense.

The very good news (for me anyway) is that it looks as though I will be getting the MB Gandhi in both rolling ball and fountain pen, and pretty much 100% as per original, except for the stones in the cap. Not sure if I mentioned though, but once I get these I have the correct Mandarin Garnets to go into them - it is going to cost me a further $80 but these pens are for life so I reckon it's worth it - of course it would be preferable for the factory to simply make the things with yellow glass instead of clear or black, but they have said 'no'

.... just realised I am making Montblanc Pen Frankens

:)

heh

This is what I aim to end up with - the barrel casting represents the cloth Gandhi wove for his clothes. The garnet represents India .... I just love it ....

1305498701IMG_55881.jpg

1305498680IMG_55831.jpg

1305498666IMG_55801.jpg
I found this pen, looks nice and an AE purchase

seriph

I'm Pretty Popular
27/8/11
AE? Old thread but as it happens, I am in Malaysia today and saw some MB rep pens. Not great but one caught my eye - thought at first it was an F. Scott Fitzgerald. Sadly it wasn't, but it was a nice looking pen with a good weight and well made clip. The salesdroid started telling me it was 1:1 blah blah ... Asked $250MYR ($85) - I wandered off.

By the way, the Gandhi is still a very nice rep apart from the stone. I've gathered sufficient items to replicate the limited edition version now - might get some time over Christmas to build it.

adhya

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/5/12
I've gathered sufficient items to replicate the limited edition version now - .

May we get a glimpse of your inventory and the targeted pen?

AE is Aliexpress where a lot of replica Mont Blancs are available .. we have come a long way from the time when everybody used to PM you about your pen supplier.

Thank you again for starting this thread and firing up my interest in MB replica pens.

seriph

I'm Pretty Popular
27/8/11
There have been a lot of pics posted but when I'm next at my PC I'll repost a couple. Haven't bought any for ages but saw an average looking Daniel Defoe that I'll probably pick up at some stage.

seriph

I'm Pretty Popular
27/8/11
The Gandhi limited edition I'm replicating sells for around US$45K due to its rarity and the controversy around it. I bought a damaged 'oddity' that is actually very close to the look and I'm going to fool around with it to see if I can get it close. I have the original book that accompanied the pen but no box so I've been trying to source something similar to restyle. I bought several Indian garnets to use as the stone. The finished look will hopefully be like this

freeboy

Renowned Member
10/2/15
I really like the gandhi pen, but still on the fence about buying it. I'll wait until you guys get hold of it and do a on it.

One of my most favourate pens in my collection is the Visconti divine proportion limited edition blairwood effect fountain pen.

DSC01827-1.jpg

DSC01832.jpg

DSC01831.jpg

DSC01830.jpg

DSC01829.jpg

DSC01826.jpg
Love the Dream nibs, my favorite by far... test drove at a dealer... could you compare this to a Viscounti 14 or 18k nib?

RX7GP

🦁
Supporter
Patron
Certified
16/2/16
There are some montblancs on aliexpress with over 200 sales, between 20-90$