Announcement

Collapse

IMAGE SHARING IMPROVEMENT

Use ClickPix.org , an easy way to share your images !
CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE
See more
See less

Philippines

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree. Reps are so good nowadays that you really have to know what you're looking for to spot one. Then again, we know what to look for because we pay so much attention to detail thanks to this wonderful hobby.

A meet up sounds good. It would be interesting to see how many we are and compare pieces.

Comment

Originally posted by Blaithin View Post

I've seen a real rose gold calatrava in person, and it's not my cup of tea...a bit too dressy for my tastes, and looks too much like a Seiko SARB (just with finer detailing..hob nail bezel is nice though). I've also seen a 5711/010A Nautilus White dial in the wild (father was friends with the dude and I got to handle it). I stared at it long enough to say it's real...it's also very underwhelming for all the hype . It's a nice watch if it went for less than retail (1.8M Php non-inclusive of vat and other taxes according to PP).

Also, yup, the replicas have gotten so good that you'd need to know what to look for in order to call out the high-end ones...and for that you'd need to really LOOK at them with a loupe.

If you're incredibly serious about watches and absurd complications though...you have to go independent watchmaker like Hajime Asaoka, Gronefeld, Greubel Forsey, Kari Voutilainen, etc. etc. These are the kinds of watches you commission like a made-to-order piece assembled by a master watchmaker from the ground up...all crazy complicated with absurd movements...with value-for-money that would put Patek and RM pieces to shame (for the prices they ask).

P.S. I'm good for a meetup during weekends and holidays though I'm not sure how many people we have
      Sometimes I hate my Calatrava, sometimes I love her. Hahaha. Really does look like a Seiko =D If I will choose between Calatrava or my AP Royal Oak RG. I'll go for AP. It's a modern dress watch and it's not boring =)

Comment

Originally posted by seikolonian09 View Post
        I agree. Reps are so good nowadays that you really have to know what you're looking for to spot one. Then again, we know what to look for because we pay so much attention to detail thanks to this wonderful hobby.

A meet up sounds good. It would be interesting to see how many we are and compare pieces.
        So as of now I can say that we are 3! =D Hahaha.

I can throw out a house party. All expense on me. But damn, we are just 3! (0.0)

Comment

Originally posted by BEAniev1! View Post

Sometimes I hate my Calatrava, sometimes I love her. Hahaha. Really does look like a Seiko =D If I will choose between Calatrava or my AP Royal Oak RG. I'll go for AP. It's a modern dress watch and it's not boring =)
          Yeah, AP RO is really nice, and the bracelet brings it all together. I'd take the "frosted" gold or the rare (it's not really frosted.. More like slammed with a diamond tipped chisel to get you that sparkly look a la Florentine technique), or the rare AP RO purple dial.

I've also seen a real AP RO in the wild (also another of fathers friends). The way it catches light is like a band of light showing you the brushed lines and gives it a rough satin sheen. It's quite fetching actually.

If you're into even sportier looking watches (like sporty sporty, not sporty-dressy like the RO) Linde-Werdelin has a mean lineup, and a very unique design though its not for everyone.

Sent from my EVA-L19 using Tapatalk

Comment

Yeah, AP RO is really nice, and the bracelet brings it all together. I'd take the "frosted" gold or the rare (it's not really frosted.. More like slammed with a diamond tipped chisel to get you that sparkly look a la Florentine technique), or the rare AP RO purple dial.

I've also seen a real AP RO in the wild (also another of fathers friends). The way it catches light is like a band of light showing you the brushed lines and gives it a rough satin sheen. It's quite fetching actually.

If you're into even sportier looking watches (like sporty sporty, not sporty-dressy like the RO) Linde-Werdelin has a mean lineup, and a very unique design though its not for everyone.

Well the AP that I have has a White Dial and it's on a Black Leather strap. Looks sexy than a metal band IMO. Hehehe.

My father has a gen Linde-Werdelin, not my cup of tea =D but it does look good =)

Comment

Well the AP that I have has a White Dial and it's on a Black Leather strap. Looks sexy than a metal band IMO. Hehehe.

My father has a gen Linde-Werdelin, not my cup of tea =D but it does look good =)
              AP on the bracelet is too iconic for me the same way I'd never remove a Rolex bracelet for anything else. I'd probably put a royal oak offshore on a leather strap (python or alligator maybe).

And your father must have a pretty interesting collection for a linde-werdelin to be one of the pieces. Mine is mainly comprised of Rolexes, and a Montblanc (there's no rep of the one I have, and it's not practical for them to make a rep of it).

Comment

AP on the bracelet is too iconic for me the same way I'd never remove a Rolex bracelet for anything else. I'd probably put a royal oak offshore on a leather strap (python or alligator maybe).

And your father must have a pretty interesting collection for a linde-werdelin to be one of the pieces. Mine is mainly comprised of Rolexes, and a Montblanc (there's no rep of the one I have, and it's not practical for them to make a rep of it).

For a ROO, yeah it's good if it's in leather hehe.

My dad is weird, he's not particular in any brand of the watches, as long as his eyes sees that it's a beauty. He'll have it. He travel most of the time and he make sure that he will buy any local watch that the place can offer. Just like last month he's in Italy and bought 2 Out of Order watches. And it really looks like that the warch is out of order hahah. But it's cool =D

Comment

Ah well, people have strange preferences (as do I with my plans for reps too). I can respect the visual approach to buying and collecting, but wow your dad is a whole other level of visual buying. If it's broke...I'LL TAKE IT!
                  Last edited by Blaithin; 14-08-19, 03:16.

Comment

Good pm mga sir

Comment

Wow, dami ko na na-miss on the thread, this new office of mine is blocking the site for reason I don't know of... Still looking for those interested in selling their reps. I want a white dial dress watch this time, puro black dial na reps ko eh, hehe.

Comment

Originally posted by kalbotron View Post
                        Wow, dami ko na na-miss on the thread, this new office of mine is blocking the site for reason I don't know of... Still looking for those interested in selling their reps. I want a white dial dress watch this time, puro black dial na reps ko eh, hehe.
                        How about a JF AP 15400 RG in White Dial in black leather strap? =D

Comment

How about a JF AP 15400 RG in White Dial in black leather strap? =D
                          Thanks for the offer sir, but not a fan of AP. I am leaning towards an IWC or Omegas.

Comment

Originally posted by kalbotron View Post

Thanks for the offer sir, but not a fan of AP. I am leaning towards an IWC or Omegas.
                            Hahaha, not planning to sell though =D hehehe

Comment

May nakita akong ZFactory na Tudors, Noob Rolexes sa Greenhills.

Comment

Originally posted by Drens View Post
                                May nakita akong ZFactory na Tudors, Noob Rolexes sa Greenhills.
                                How sure are you that those are the Factories? I've been there a couple of times and all I see is a overpriced junk from DHGate
                                Last edited by BEAniev1!; 13-09-19, 20:10.

Comment

Working...
                                X