• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Welcome to the Brig gsauto

Status
Not open for further replies.

gsauto

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
26/11/19
Is it possible to unblock my situation?

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Guys, unless there’s an exception in a country I’m not aware of, you can’t bring a dial into an AD or RSC and have it installed by them, they will only swap out your dial with a fresh RSC dial. I’ve done this once.

Apologies if this has changed. Hope all parties get this resolved.

From what I understand this is the practice I know. The replacement dial has to come from in house. All other dial swaps, including gen Rolex dials purchase from third parties, have to be done with independent watchsmiths.

It the policy has changed to allow otherwise, I’m not aware of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

watchservicesny

I'm Pretty Popular
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
8/1/07
From what I understand this is the practice I know. The replacement dial has to come from in house. All other dial swaps, including gen Rolex dials purchase from third parties, have to be done with independent watchsmiths.

It the policy has changed to allow otherwise, I’m not aware of it.

Policy never change, AD is not allowed to put any parts which didn’t come from RSC

BOSSK

Renowned Member
22/3/17
Oz
I trust the mods here and I am sure they have additional info not disclosed here. But honestly, I’d be pretty concerned about being doxxed based on just what’s been shared in this thread. There must be much more to it.

Maybe the mods can better describe the smoking gun here?

DaleM

I'm Pretty Popular
25/8/18
Central Florida
If the summary is the one above... Oh well. I asked a question which bugs me: how is bringing a dial at a Rolex AD a proof that the original seller sent a damaged one?

Nevermind btw, before you even tell me I get that this is a private forum and it’s none of our business what you guys want or don’t want to do. Anyone’s able to make up his own mind based on the facts you shared, and if there’s anything else I think it should be shared as well for the sake of our community.

I’m out

What is even more curious to me is how or why an AD would use such a dial. Would they not be required to get an Rolex factory product directly? If the AD would do such a thing would they be capable of other sloppy work. Too many questions and I hope to see what develops because I am still in a bit of a fog over this. Good luck gents!

Sub007

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
18/8/14
Kudos to mods for keeping RWI a safe place!

I have read the whole thread and 2 arguments / statements from 1st and 2nd buyer I wish to better understand or honestly I strongly doubt the arguments given as they make no sense / I have never seen in real life happening...

As misiekped already stated +1
All Rolex AD can & may only use Rolex supplied (in blister) dials. And for certain parts they need to hand in / the old part. If they do not adhere to Rolex policies they risk their AD status...and trust me no AD will risk and AD status over an APH dial swap. A generic watchmaker that sells Rolex, but not an AD.

1) So makes me wonder, if we assume the above mentioned is true, what is the reason for 2nd buyer to say he went to his Rolex AD to change his APH Dial when an AD will only change for new in blister dial?

And then the first buyer stating he didn’t have the proper tools to remove from the acrylic dial box?

2) what tools do you need to remove a dial from an acrylic dial box?

gsauto

INMATE
26/11/19
everybody is ok to tell that an officiel AD doesn't change a dial that you bring him. So I sell the dial to elputoii and he sell it to a third person who wanted to change it in Rolex AD. After 6 months elputoii told that the dial is damaged. So I think perhaps that there is no third person and perhaps he damaged the dial or this is the dial he bought from USA. But the picture of the dial I sell are in the thread.
The problem is that I am now in the brig section...

gsauto

INMATE
26/11/19
tripdog can you unblock my situation. thank you

proxyserv

29/3/12
I trust the mods here and I am sure they have additional info not disclosed here. But honestly, I’d be pretty concerned about being doxxed based on just what’s been shared in this thread.

Jared, you have no worry, me no doxx you.

Me doxx Bad Guys only.

Jared no Bad Guy - but me watch you anyway, just in case. ;)

I do nothing

You tell lies, everyday.

gsauto

INMATE
26/11/19
Jared, you have no worry, me no doxx you.

Me doxx Bad Guys only.

Jared no Bad Guy - but me watch you anyway, just in case. ;)

You tell lies, everyday.

please don't speak to say this kind of think...

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
please don't speak to say this kind of think...

I am not going to bash or accuse you, but you may want to think about how you can prove your point that you did what you said.
I think the mods have done their due investigation and there is a reason why you ended up here. Spend time to get this set right instead.
All the best gsauto

mari115

Put Some Respect On My Name
9/6/18
Nearer than you think
I am not going to bash or accuse you, but you may want to think about how you can prove your point that you did what you said.
I think the mods have done their due investigation and there is a reason why you ended up here. Spend time to get this set right instead.
All the best gsauto

^^^^^

gsauto

INMATE
26/11/19
All the best gsauto

there is any investigation.
I sell a parts to someone who sell to a third person. After 6 months the first buyer told me that the parts is no in good condition.
Moreover this is not my part because serial number is not the same

Reactions: The_Drunken_Sniper

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
there is any investigation.
I sell a parts to someone who sell to a third person. After 6 months the first buyer told me that the parts is no in good condition.
Moreover this is not my part because serial number is not the same

Alright, sherlock. Sounds like you already solved the case. Why would there be a brig thread if it was this easy? Do you think our mods have nothing better to do with their valuable time?

Status
Not open for further replies.