• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Welcome to the Brig gsauto

Status
Not open for further replies.

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
gsauto I'll ask you again - it's a pretty simple yes or no question.

The dial pictured below, the dial with a reference number that starts with 2 ST 07, is this the dial you sold to member elputoii in your sales thread:

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...ine-rolex-116520-daytona-dial-chromalight-aph

Sale-dial-new.jpg

Think before you answer - this place is full of unpleasant people, and I'm not just talking about the scammers. There's also people who hang around in here waiting to make someone's life hell.

gsauto

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
26/11/19
I sell the dial in attached picture. I sell it in July to elputoii. Few days ago he send me a message to tell me that the crown was damaged. As you can see on the picture nothing was damaged. Moreover he wait 6 months to ask me something. I think he damaged the crown if it's really damaged. He also told me that is sold the crown to someone but the buyer send him back the dial. If it was a problem with the dial he will not wait 6 months to ask me something. He damaged himself (if it's damaged).

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
I sell the dial in attached picture. I sell it in July to elputoii. Few days ago he send me a message to tell me that the crown was damaged. As you can see on the picture nothing was damaged. Moreover he wait 6 months to ask me something. I think he damaged the crown if it's really damaged. He also told me that is sold the crown to someone but the buyer send him back the dial. If it was a problem with the dial he will not wait 6 months to ask me something. He damaged himself (if it's damaged).
Z8JW7K.jpg
Z8JU88.jpg
Z8J5AR.jpg
Z8Jizv.jpg

That's an interesting reply.

As we can all see, the dial you put up for sale and sold to elputoii was in perfect condition, and the reference number on the back starts with 2 ST 07.

However, the dial he received is damaged around the coronet area, has damage to the sub-dial at 6, and all the indices have scuff marks on them.

And the killer in this is that the reference number on the back starts with 2 SH09 - proof that the dial you advertised for sale is not the dial you shipped to elputoii

Switched-damaged-dial.jpg

switched-damaged-front.jpg

The fact that he discovered the damage 6 months later is irrelevant, but it's explained by the fact he used another dial for his build and never even removed your dial from the box you shipped it to him in. But like I said, it's irrelevant.

You advertised a dial in perfect condition, you shipped out a dial with damage.

I think I already know what your reply will be, but I'll say it anyway.

You need to refund elputoii his money and he'll then ship you back your damaged dial.

If you don't do it, then you'll remain in the Brig, and we'll all no doubt pretty quickly find out about you and your life - home address, work address, phone numbers, ugly / embarrassing photos . . a boss who'd rather fire you than have a thief, a scammer working for him.

Or maybe you run your own company - it would not be good for business and company image if people looking you up on the internet discover your Rolex is fake and that you're a scammer.

I wouldn't wait too long before deciding if I were you - some of these hacker/doxxer types work pretty fast you know.

DiggerOfWatches

Gold Patron
Certified
4/7/19
Down Under
I wouldn't wait too long before deciding if I were you - some of these hacker/doxxer types work pretty fast you know.

Exactly. The people that can work their digital magic can certainly bring you unstuck even more... proxyserv for example....

And here I was thinking it had been a while since there was some Brig posts, but then bang, there's a few in a short period of time. Yet again, thanks to the mods and decent people on this forum.

gsauto

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
26/11/19
What??? this is not the dial I send him. I send the dial in Photo not the other one. I simple to understand that he send the photo of another dial. Moreover he wait 6 months to see it? First thing he do when receiving the dial is only to verify it everyone do this. He told me nothing and after 6 months he has a problem??? not possible. He damaged the dial and now he want the money. I never sell the damaged dial!!!

Reactions: Evilfecker

Spitfire63

Renowned Member
29/4/18
Who buys anything online for that sort of value and doesn’t even open the box for 6 months to check the item didn’t get damaged in transit?
thens sells the same or similar dial in another sale, gets called out for damage not described in the sales thread makes refund, don’t add up to me.

DD60

Eagle Eyed Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
28/4/17
This is why each time I sell anything here or elsewhere, I take the time to record a short video of the exact item being shipped. That includes evidence of function, detail with front, back, sides, any defects, etc. Including a date tag with info as to the buyer, seller. Item, name and address of both seller and buyer BEFORE packaging and shipping. I also take photos of item sold being packaged showing detail of packaging material and finally, sealed and labeled package ready to ship. I also make sure that the buyer is aware I do this and make it available to buyer before and after shipping if they would would like copies.
I keep these on file for at least a year and also document every sale I make and all info. in a notebook. A little extra work, but very well worth it in the long run.
Being prepared and proper documentation is always justified.

Pretty much eliminates conflicting claims and disputes.

Nikz19

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Certified
24/4/18
Italy
Who buys anything online for that sort of value and doesn’t even open the box for 6 months to check the item didn’t get damaged in transit?
thens sells the same or similar dial in another sale, gets called out for damage not described in the sales thread makes refund, don’t add up to me.

I second that. Tbh I just can’t see someone not even opening the package to check what he bought and then complain for damage after 6 months.

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
Where's the benefit of doubt for the seller? At the moment I only see two guys with different stories. Just playing the devil's advocate, but in theory it could just as well be an elaborate scam by the buyer (buy perfect and damaged dial, return damaged one to seller of perfect dial). Don't know the history/background of both, so just my 2 cents.

Last edited:

Storm.

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
14/2/20
Idk man, i'm not accusing anybody but I would never wait 6 months to open a packet containing 1500$, i'd open it right away to see if all the "money" is in there or if there is ANY problem.

Something is fishy. :confused:

I was thinking the same. At the price and amount that is at stake here, i would at least have elputo prove the dial in his watch is not the dial sold before. All seems very fishy.

nalomb

Be Excellent
6/8/12
Throwing my pennies into the fountain -- what is a reasonable statute of limitations on disaffected parties in a transaction here? I'm not aware of any in place (please correct me if I'm wrong), but it seems 30-60 days is a reasonable timeline? That gives time for economy shipping (10-14 days) plus inspection (another 10-14 days) and time to "test drive" the items in question.

I'm not for adding more work here, but we used to have a feedback section for each transaction and guys seemed to guard their reputation pretty fiercely. I have no idea what that takes to get in gear or if its cost/time prohibitive, but it seemed to provide a closure to each transaction. Maybe a tab on each sale that says "Confirmed Received, Satisfied" from the buyer. If not marked within 30 days of sale, RWI, its agents/officers and seller deem the transaction closed and all parties satisfied. One click, simple.

A lot can happen in 6 months: memories get short and things get shuffled around -- despite either side's intentions or past performance, its asking a lot from all parties to have a squeaky clean memory and be 100% on target. Again -- pennies in the fountain haha.

mari115

Put Some Respect On My Name
9/6/18
Nearer than you think
Not opening it for 6 months is a red flag to me. Is the buyer trying to get a big sum of money back? I have no idea either way. This is a an ugly problem.

I re-read both the sale posts, so elputo bought a dial that he needed for a build 6 months ago, he left it in its box in standby for 6 months, and after that amount of time he decided to buy and use another dial for his build, and so decided to re-sell the one he had bought and never opened it?

Idk

Paul Newman

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
31/3/15
I re-read both the sale posts, so elputo bought a dial that he needed for a build 6 months ago, he left it in its box in standby for 6 months, and after that amount of time he decided to buy and use another dial for his build, and so decided to re-sell the one he had bought and never opened it?

Idk

Hello,

That is not the timeline:

I bought a dial in June which came from the US, due to COVID the dial was stuck in Chicago customs until September.

When I bought the dial in this thread, the first dial arrived to me and I sent this first dial along with my watch for my build, which is already completed from beginning of September.

Then when I recived the GSAUTO dial, about a couple of days after, I had not use for it so I just left it in the exact same package he sent it to me, leaving it untouched until I decided to list it for sale. In the sales thread I stated I didn't remove it from the box because I didn't want to damage anything, I didn't even remove that dial from the dial box it came in, not even touch it.

Now it seems the dial I received and the one that was for sale by GSAUTO don't even have the same serial number. (I didn't check this when received, true, completely my fault).

I have send a PM to GSAUTO telling him I can't prove this, I had the wrong behave of trusting in his word and in his sales thread, I guess I will learn from my error, but wouldn't like this to happen again to anyone, as I said to him, he is the only one who knows what he sent, I'm not lying to anyone.

Thank you very much.

Reactions: mari115

Paul Newman

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
31/3/15
I'm not saying I took 6 months to open the package, just that when I received it I leave it in the "Dial box" it came in. Didn't check if serial number was the same as the one sold because if you see the small dial box it came in the bottom of it is not an easy task to appreciate it, I was told this by tripdog from the pics the new buyer sent him.

My error was not checking it, I fully agree with every one in this thread about it, but the last thing I expected looking at the original sales thread and the pics is that the dial was going to be damaged to that extent, even more when my watch was already in the modder hands and was thinking what to do with this one until I finally relist for sale here.

I was thinking the same. At the price and amount that is at stake here, i would at least have elputo prove the dial in his watch is not the dial sold before. All seems very fishy.

Of course I can prove this, I have the original sales thread in rolexforums of the dial that is mounted in my watch, the whole conversation with the seller of it, and of course the watch that was modded with it, even the conversation with the mod who installed it.

Reactions: mari115

Storm.

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
14/2/20
I'm not saying I took 6 months to open the package, just that when I received it I leave it in the "Dial box" it came in. Didn't check if serial number was the same as the one sold because if you see the small dial box it came in the bottom of it is not an easy task to appreciate it, I was told this by tripdog from the pics the new buyer sent him.

My error was not checking it, I fully agree with every one in this thread about it, but the last thing I expected looking at the original sales thread and the pics is that the dial was going to be damaged to that extent, even more when my watch was already in the modder hands and was thinking what to do with this one until I finally relist for sale here.

Of course I can prove this, I have the original sales thread in rolexforums of the dial that is mounted in my watch, the whole conversation with the seller of it, and of course the watch that was modded with it, even the conversation with the mod who installed it.

You do understand why I said this.

Status
Not open for further replies.