• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Dismantle 2824-2 movement step by step

Milkbread

Known Member
2/9/14
This is a step by step dismantle guide for would be DIY-ers to take apart their 2824-2 movement.
Pardon the lousy iphone photos.

This guide assumes that you know how to do the following before you can get to dismantle the movement:
  • Remove bracelet with a spring bar tool
  • Open case back with a sticky ball or case back tool
  • Remove movement holder with a screw driver and cushion
  • Remove hands and dial with hand levers or presto hand remover

And now, on to the dismantling of the movement.

Reactions: Manuel.b

jaycey

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/4/13
That's the easy part ;)
I look forward to the re-assembly.

rightrower

20/4/13
Omg!thread subscribed and will try my hand at this if and only if I have a spare movement to do so.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Milkbread

Known Member
2/9/14
Re-assembly will arrive in about 2 weeks time. The main spring broke off at the bridle while I was trying to oil it after cleaning it. Waiting on the swiss replacement now.
Stay tuned for a new thread!

SSTEEL

Banned
Banned
30/1/13
Well done, great thread, rep added my friend. Nicely put together. Kind of a pictorial of the ETA guide, so instead of drawings, photos instead ;)

tkhiem

Known Member
25/2/14
Awesome. Just gonna post herr so i can read later!
Thanks for the effort

zocker4711

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
18/3/13
Milkbread did the Disassemble so that you can use the Disassemble Instruction other wise for Assemble again...

If you do all the Steps from Last Step to the First Step, then you have the Assemble Instruction ;)

Very nice Thread... I show you the days the same but with an GEN IWC 79320 it´s the same as the 7750

Bittsandbobbs

Looking Around
29/1/15
Excellent! Thank you for posting this. I can't wait to service one. I'll start with a Chinese movement though.

Nikoteen

I'm Pretty Popular
12/5/12
This is EXACTLY what i was hoping for... fantastic work there man. Thank you.

antvwgti

20/1/15
Very handy reference point. I used to struggle with the date wheel, this is just what the budding watch service/repairer needs. Thanks for your hard work on this.

fistball

5/5/15
Wow.......just looking at this, enuf for me to play for months...thanx

kilowattore

Sales Moderator / Section Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
Thanks Milkebread, thread added to my list of tutorials :)

Champagne iH

4/1/14
I'm thinking I need to do this to a Tudor BB's movement I just acquired. It's running a bit fast. A good cleaning then adjustment due.

However, from experience the jumper removal and some other tiny parts can be very easy to mess up. Make sure you have a good cloth underneath you in case you have a piece hop away from you, then retrieving it isn't a problem. I guess it's the reassembly where this is more of an issue.

What shall we have? An '82 Margaux! Is it any good? Good....?, It will make you believe in God!

Mr.Marbella

I'm Pretty Popular
18/3/16
EU
Wow...Very detailed step by step thanks for that.

My only concern is removing the balance wheel and removing the pallet fork.

Does is take a special technique to remove them? Like removing the balance wheel in a 90 degree angle ?