• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

CF Pepsi picture leaks BLRO

Uhr70

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/13
USA
Silly question but What’s not aligned? Are you just talking about the triangle at 12? Can you not just rotate the bezel by half a turn? Usually there is a bit of play in these GMTs.

I’ve replaced ceramic bezels before. I just googled RWI and then ceramic bezel swap or something like that. There’s no glue usually. Watchmaker just needs to lift the bezel off and he’ll know what to do

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

The bezel on my gen 116710 BLNR does not click like the submariner (120 clicks) rather slides into place one marker forward or backward. That is one click every hour (24 clicks total). I am thinking in this case with CF, the insert triangle at 12 being off by a mm or 2 would not be fixed simply by rotating, rather by removing the insert and repositioning correctly above the 12 o'clock marker on the dial.

danitalia1

Known Member
12/8/15
The bezel on my gen 116710 BLNR does not click like the submariner (120 clicks) rather slides into place one marker forward or backward. That is one click every hour (24 clicks total). I am thinking in this case with CF, the insert triangle at 12 being off by a mm or 2 would not be fixed simply by rotating, rather by removing the insert and repositioning correctly above the 12 o'clock marker on the dial.

It's exactly why i accepted the proposition of the TD sending the Watch to one of his watchmakers, so they can fix this.

Because if my local watchmaker may mess it up, i won't have any "warranty"

Here the TD offered me a solution which i accepted, so now hoping that his watchmaker knows how to fix this correctly.

The clicking worked fine, you do not hear a sound, same as gen, only the triangle is off, so i think as mentioned, the insert need to be aligned.

Last edited:
Reactions: Uhr70

stanleebobyolo

Known Member
2/10/19
Conversely, you could have chargebacked the seller, attempted to fix the bezel, and then sourced a gen bezel if it broke. But that's because I don't put up with scammers who send fake QC pics lol

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
The CF GMT bezel assemblies are a hot mess. There are so many things wrong with it. Once you clean off the half tube of grease it won't rotate at all.

I've had to shave down all of the supporting pieces
- the bezel tension ring (washer) inside diameter is too small, it wont fit flat around the retaining ring
- the 3 pin click ring is rough, especially where the oval pin bases meet the retaining ring scallops and on the bottom where it slides across the washer
- the retaining ring teeth are rough, I shaved them down a tad then polished them smoorh.

So you either leave the grease bed or finish the parts properly. Even after doing all of the above it can take multiple bezel installs and removals to re-apply smaller amounts of lube so it will rotate acceptably well. Hope you don't mangle up the bezel gasket in the process. Oh and every time you take the bezel off the crystal retaining ring comes back off so you have to separate it from the bezel and re-press the crystal again.

The insert is adhered with double-sided tape so it needs to be heated or gently pried out then you get to spend a half hour cleaning off all the ultra sticky goo remaining in the bezel well.

jPucUp.jpg

jPuJbb.jpg

jPuxXi.jpg

Can the insert be aligned better? Of course, if you want to spend about 3 hours messing around with sticky greasy poorly made and iIl fitting parts. WTG CLEAN, good job living up to your namesake bros!

jP7q8F.jpg

jPEHPs.jpg

Last edited:

danitalia1

Known Member
12/8/15
The CF GMT bezel assemblies are a hot mess. There are so many things wrong with it. Once you clean off the half tube of grease it won't rotate at all.

- the bezel tension ring (washer) inside diameter is too small, it wont fit flat around the retaining ring
- the 3 pin click ring is rough, especially where the oval pin bases meet the retaining ring scallops and on the bottom where it slides across the washer
- the retaining ring teeth are rough, I shaved them down a tad then polished them smoorh.

So you either leave the grease bed or finish the parts properly. Even after doing all of the above it can take multiple bezel installs and removals to re-apply smaller amounts of lube so it will rotate acceptably well. Hope you don't mangle up the bezel gasket in the process. Oh and every time you take the bezel off the crystal retaining ring comes back off so you have to separate it from the bezel and re-press the crystal again.

The insert is adhered with double-sided tape so it needs to be heated or gently pried out then you get to spend a half hour cleaning off all the ultra sticky goo remaining in the bezel well.

jPucUp.jpg

jPuJbb.jpg

jPuxXi.jpg

Can the insert be aligned better? Of course, if you want to spend about 3 hours messing around with sticky greasy poorly made and iIl fitting parts. WTG CLEAN, good job living up to your namesake bros!

jP7q8F.jpg

jPEHPs.jpg

Damn....
That sounds heavy ... i am Happy that i send it to the watchmaker of the TD, because if he breaks something, something went terribly wrong, or i don't know, it wint click, or turn well again, then i still can ask the TD for a replacment watch, as i did not wear it for a single second. Just for a try.

jcher

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
1/8/17

I'm going for an entire GEN bezel assembly - hopefully it will fix that issue ! Thanks for the detailled pictures

Reactions: KJ2020

Replisimio

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/20
Gods own country! Yorkshire.
“The CF GMT bezel assemblies are a hot mess. There are so many things wrong with it. Once you clean off the half tube of grease it won't rotate at all.

The insert is adhered with double-sided tape so it needs to be heated or gently pried out then you get to spend a half hour cleaning off all the ultra sticky goo remaining in the bezel well.”

Is the V2 bezel the same or have they improved things? You are showing the first set up which I’ve also had experience with but not sure how everything sits on the updated lip bezel version which now has the multiple cut outs like gen and have they improved the other parts too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Is the V2 bezel the same or have they improved things? You are showing the first set up which I’ve also had experience with but not sure how everything sits on the updated lip bezel version which now has the multiple cut outs like gen and have they improved the other parts too.

I have a V2 apart now. The tension ring (washer) is the same - inner diameter too small. The crystal retaining ring has tiny bevel cuts in the bottom of the teeth though for it to fit underneath. The 3 pin click ring is the same, and there is still a ton of grease.

Original fit -the only way to get it on this way is to press it under the retaining ring
jPfBTS.jpg

Thinning
jPfpUL.jpg

This how it should fit
jPf6MJ.jpg

Add just a small dab of silicone every third scallop
jPfrDP.jpg

The V2 bezel is shorter in height (2.85mm vs 2.95mm), you can see more space below the scallops in the V1. V2 crystal is also thinner (1.60mm vs 1.70mm). Gen is 1.80mm

jPftqW.jpg

jPfn9o.jpg

Both retaining rings are cheaply made here is a CLEAN shown on top of an old BP, whose ring is a solid sturdy part.

jPf4Zj.jpg

I wont be putting the V2 back together for a bit because it's getting a different GMT dial and I have to swap out the markers. But I expect to run into the same issues putting it back together. If it worked smoothly without grease they wouldn't use it right?

Last edited:
Reactions: dogwood

Replisimio

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/20
Gods own country! Yorkshire.
Very disappointing indeed. I won’t buy another then as I cannot be bothered with the hassle of these poor parts as I always fit a gen crystal. I know how they should fit of course as I’ve refurbed dozens of gen examples and the only way to improve these is with scavenged ARF parts or gen which gets a bit silly! Thanks bud.

Reactions: KJ2020

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Very disappointing indeed. I won’t buy another then as I cannot be bothered with the hassle of these poor parts as I always fit a gen crystal. I know how they should fit of course as I’ve refurbed dozens of gen examples and the only way to improve these is with scavenged ARF parts or gen which gets a bit silly! Thanks bud.

Check out the new GMF V6 bro. I've had several GMF GMTs and their bezel construction is good. Smooth operation and no grease at all. The new Pepsi insert looks great and they are using the VR3185 now.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...-v5-126710blro

Last edited:
Reactions: dogwood

ForecastMax

Renowned Member
27/12/12
My thoughts too. 116610 lugs.

[mention]Mark1937 [/mention]

Yep this has the super case lugs & is incorrectly engraved as a 116710.

I love the bezel action & the insert color so was thinking of swapping the dial & handset to match a 116710BLRO but we’ll see.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Case is correct for 126710 bro? Maybe is it too fat?

Not too fat bro - lugs on GMTs look fatter when you can't see the tips.

GMF V6 Pepsi next to GMF 116x Sub

jPVZiF.jpg

The GMF V6 weak points are not much bezel lip (can be modded) and weak rehaut engraving so take your pick

RiffRalf

Renowned Member
10/7/19
USA
Not too fat bro - lugs on GMTs look fatter when you can't see the tips.

GMF V6 Pepsi next to GMF 116x Sub

jPVZiF.jpg

The GMF V6 weak points are not much bezel lip (can be modded) and weak rehaut engraving so take your pick

Do you think the CGs are 11 or 126710?