• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

CF Pepsi picture leaks BLRO

GrandmasterChime

Agent Provocateur
Supporter
Certified
6/1/19
New Zealand
How many times do people need to be told that there is no improved insert. This forum started this shit and its still being spoken about as if it's fact when the dealers keep saying it isn't so. It's Nuts.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

Replisimio

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/20
Gods own country! Yorkshire.
Question for current CF owners: is the crystal and cyclops acceptable or is it worth going with a prof or gen crystal?

Needs changing. Clarity is not as good as gen or Vsf!
Mine with gen crystal
adcc58c02a213d9baf4f967ebba8e84c.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2fast4lust

Sexpert HorLanLogist
Patron
16/7/21
Dr. Miller's Planet
I spoke to one onewatch and he is saying that there is no V2 so I am now lost.
Which TD are you dealing with?

Sent from the RWI App
Non of the dealers have ever mentioned about a V2 from Clean.
TDs have denied it, chinese dealers that i spoke with have denied it as well.

Dealers have only loosely related these updates as "New Batch".
"V2" was termed by RWI and i think we probably have to stop doing so until we have sufficient QC photos or Photos in hand.

It could be, at most only a minor silent update or the usage of different parts as what StreetFighter has mentioned.

Give it a day, i'll share 2 sets of QC photos tomorrow so you guys have 2 additional piece to check out.

Man-On-The-Moon-69

Horology Curious
MULTI ACCOUNT
4/5/21
EU
Hi Fellows,

I ve just received my CF pepsi on Jubilee. I waited month. However, it does look superb. But for some reason the bracelet does not fit my very average 7,25inch wrist. It's to short...

What is your experience on possible wrist sizes for this rep?

Help is very much appreciated...

Cheers,
MOTM69

​​

GrandmasterChime

Agent Provocateur
Supporter
Certified
6/1/19
New Zealand
Hi Fellows,

I ve just received my CF pepsi on Jubilee. I waited month. However, it does look superb. But for some reason the bracelet does not fit my very average 7,25inch wrist. It's to short...

Cheers,
MOTM69

​​
It should my wrist is bigger than that. Have you extended the easy link?

SOLEX

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
30/3/09
Non of the dealers have ever mentioned about a V2 from Clean.
TDs have denied it, chinese dealers that i spoke with have denied it as well.

Dealers have only loosely related these updates as "New Batch".
"V2" was termed by RWI and i think we probably have to stop doing so until we have sufficient QC photos or Photos in hand.

It could be, at most only a minor silent update or the usage of different parts as what StreetFighter has mentioned.

Give it a day, i'll share 2 sets of QC photos tomorrow so you guys have 2 additional piece to check out.

Clean, although officially not around for so long have done the same with the Sub. They did not say outright they have a V2, but they improve their batches and we usually see it in the QC. Not such a bad thing, but it looks like they are doing the same with the Pepsi. They also fixed the batman/girl bezel insert quietly, so I guess everyone purchasing needs to look at their QC carefully.

peter4ptv

14/5/20
L. A.
Hi Fellows,

Cheers,
MOTM69

​​

I am 7.5 and the jubilee fits perfectly on the ARF date just with jubilee I need to take 1 link out but on the CF it is perfect for me the way it is.

butler182

Renowned Member
14/12/20
Yes I machine complete cases as well… all manually. I don’t use CNC it’s expensive here and specific arbours and cutting tips Need to be custom made to get a worthwhile product for production and sale. Plastics deflect massively on small cuts with bigger machines and inconsistencies frequently occur. finishing would normally need to be checked by hand and de burred . Overall it’s probably just not worth it for the unit sale price. Plus all the reps are slightly different so these tolerances may not be completely achievable easily.

To be honest I just normally buy gen ones and machine the whole new crystal retaining ring to suit the rep I have at the time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the insight. I guess that solves the mystery why no one is selling rep hytrel rings here....between the material used and tolerances needed, it's a very difficult task to create a proper fitting one.

Reactions: mnkoshka

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18
It is clever of CF for not naming any version numbers, so that they can just sell whatever they have in stock. And it helps to clear out the remaining so called V1 inventory.
At the same time they can avoid from being bombarded by all those buyers of the "V1" who just have recieved their Pepsi a while ago.
I think CF knew the flaws of the initial launch batch, they just keep silent and move on with the tuning but just never mention it.

GrandmasterChime

Agent Provocateur
Supporter
Certified
6/1/19
New Zealand
It is clever of CF for not naming any version numbers, so that they can just sell whatever they have in stock. And it helps to clear out the remaining so called V1 inventory.
At the same time they can avoid from being bombarded by all those buyers of the "V1" who just have recieved their Pepsi a while ago.
I think CF knew the flaws of the initial launch batch, they just keep silent and move on with the tuning but just never mention it.
I'd say they are fixing the easy stuff like the hands, but I doubt they are going to get the insert close to gen any time soon as it's a pretty complex process.

Reactions: KJ2020

Chroniker

Not listening!
28/9/15
España, currently ze Germany
​​​​​​Here are my own QC pictures freshly baked.
You guys can decide and disect the silent changes made by clean.

Cheers mates
[/QUOTE]

Hi
I’m no good at dissecting neither reps nor frogs, but I’ll give it a go.

Bezelel scallops seem to go further down.
There is a lip, albeit not as flat as on Gen bezels but more rounded.
Hour hand is definitely longer than before and poking over the hour markers.
Bezel insert colour, impossible to tell.

All in all, it looks very good!

Replisimio

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/20
Gods own country! Yorkshire.
They have certainly improved the bezel lip in it being thicker but not correct and flat as per gen but easier to improve it now and the hand is defo better.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
Clean, although officially not around for so long have done the same with the Sub. They did not say outright they have a V2, but they improve their batches and we usually see it in the QC. Not such a bad thing, but it looks like they are doing the same with the Pepsi. They also fixed the batman/girl bezel insert quietly, so I guess everyone purchasing needs to look at their QC carefully.

Clean is ZZF and has been around since 2019. I'm sceptical about their updates - silent or otherwise. Oftentimes they have teased changes, only for the watch to remain the same, or go backwards. If TD's are saying there are no updates, the chances are there are no updates.

Too many people here think batch = update. It doesn't mean that at all and it never has. My local supermarket gets a new batch of Cornflakes in every week - they're always the same.

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
Hi Fellows,

Cheers,
MOTM69

​​

Mine was very small too... mine has a total of 4 removable links... which is shocking to be honest with you. No idea what size wrist it would fit, but I would have expected at least 6 removable links. Mine is unwearable as a result sadly. I'm waiting for a version 2 to come out to buy another to get more links...

Funny enough same situation on ARF Datejust 41... I think they've cut how many links they normally send. My brand new jubilee bracelet was very short...

2fast4lust

Sexpert HorLanLogist
Patron
16/7/21
Dr. Miller's Planet

My 2nd piece which I've also GL.
min hands are definitely longer. Bezel and scallops updated and improved.

Bezel, you do you. Color seems more like mk1 or in-between mk 1 and mk 2 of gen bezel.

Definitely not dark enough to pass off as MK3

​​​​

​​​​