• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

CF Pepsi picture leaks BLRO

Neo_7

Follow the white rabbit
Certified
12/10/19
EU
It's a next gen VR-3185 bro. Unless VR did something insanely foolish like switch to a 3186 jump click, this new movement should be just as reliable as it's predecessor. I am hoping to have one in hand to service soon, and of course will post my findings.

So we can rest easy with this new iteration of the proven VR 3185 ..

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
StreetFighter

Hey bro could you snap a picture of your gen Pepsi at a 90 degree angle or in a way where we can see how close the lip is to the scallops? I’d really appreciate it dude!

Edit: Never mind I can clearly see rep scallops are too close to the top edge to mod same as gen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The scallops on the BLRO are smaller than the standard 116710 bezel scallops as the polished angle is also different along with the bottom angle… on the BLRO the bottom relief angle almost touches the scallops as where the BLNR has a flat spot under the scallops. I’ll update when I get mine… need to buy a new lathe so hopefully I’ll get it done soon

Reactions: MikeMeezy77

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
Yep it will have to be bonded back in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Slightly disappointed it’s not friction fit but I guess it’s a little less resilient being joined the way it is. Thanks for sharing your findings it’s a big help

Reactions: Replisimio

dharma

F.a.i.g.a. addicted
13/11/14
The Hive

Rejected for the white points on the Gmt Hand, but seems to be a second batch with a new serial and only one “3” ;-)

Björn_Ironside

I'm Pretty Popular
10/6/21
Italia
jzhAdo.jpg
jzhUlW.jpg
jzhLxJ.jpg
jzh5WP.jpg

Rejected for the white points on the Gmt Hand, but seems to be a second batch with a new serial and only one “3” ;-)
i ;) don't understand why white dots on GMT ... however the single 3 is random. you may have a next QC with two 3 ;

Last edited:

dharma

F.a.i.g.a. addicted
13/11/14
The Hive
Mine is first batch with only one flat 3 in the serial so that means nothing.

Ok, i understand guys, but for me the “3 issue” is not a problem….the white dots on Gmt hand are not so nice, but i see it after giving GL to Lana (JTime)….hope i am in time to change to another one….(need glasses, I am old, ok…..tomorrow will be 49!!)

Replisimio

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/20
Gods own country! Yorkshire.
Ok, i understand guys, but for me the “3 issue” is not a problem….the white dots on Gmt hand are not so nice, but i see it after giving GL to Lana (JTime)….hope i am in time to change to another one….(need glasses, I am old, ok…..tomorrow will be 49!!)

I assume you mean the marks near the pinion on the red hand. Looks like a poor paint finish.

Reactions: KJ2020

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Nice work, so the insert is not pressure fit at all? And will have to be completely glued back in?

They used the standard double-sided tape ring, and a new one should be installed for replacement. They are ultra strong and refitting an insert with one can be mildly challenging because the insert can stick before you want it to, and be misaligned.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/174282841898

Note that these tape rings don't always fit the space in a bezel well perfectly. They can be cut into halves or thirds or quarters as necessary to be equally distributed around the well. Coverage does not need to be continuous. Care should be taken not to let the outer edge of the tape ring ride up on the wall of the bezel well. Some folks may prefer to attach them to the insert first, I find it easier to control their placement by attaching them to the bezel well first. The tape rings should never be touched with fingers, the adhesive becomes compromised easily. I use two pairs of tweezers. (Edward Tweezer Hands, lol).

To ensure the insert is aligned perfectly on reinsertion, I put a small thin obstruction across the bottom half of the bezel well. A strip of a dial protector works well for this. You can also use pegwood or a toothpick but be careful not to let it roll out. Then gently set the top indicator (24 in this case) to 12 o'clock. Then you can take your time evaluating the position, get a second opinion from someone, take a pic, etc. so you are certain it's right. If it's not, the insert will lift out easily from the bottom.

jzhsvs.jpg

jzhvzY.jpg

Using this technique will keep the insert from falling into the well misaligned, which means starting completely over with another removal, re-taping, and reinsertion. Not fun trust me, haha.

One other very important point about doing this. The rep factory tape may be thicker than the 3M. So I always test fit a 5mm or so arc of the tape into the well and place the insert. I use the obstruction technique for this too, or you can put a piece of scotch tape on the backside of the insert to facilitate pulling it back out.

If one layer of the 3M tape is insufficient, I add a second layer and reassess. I've used as many three layers on some installs. More than that and I switch to a different tape, use a spacer, or an epoxy glue bed, etc.

Last edited:

Samgobigs

11/2/20
What’s the actual power reserve on this bad boy? When they start arriving, can someone please fully wind the watch and see how much power reserve there actually is? Please and thank you.

GrandmasterChime

Agent Provocateur
Supporter
Certified
6/1/19
New Zealand
What’s the actual power reserve on this bad boy? When they start arriving, can someone please fully wind the watch and see how much power reserve there actually is? Please and thank you.

Will be the same as the vr around 40ish

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

Reactions: KJ2020