• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF vs. CF No Date Sub - An amateurs review

Fervid

I'm Pretty Popular
5/5/19
Down under
CG's are much more refined on the VSF, however the rehaut could be a bit better. Great review!

HG 2000

Supporter
22/7/20
Wow.
Thank you all for the support!
I’m glad I could help out just a bit.

I will definitely be giving the VSF bracelet an oil bath this week.

About hands, do you notice lume differences between hands and hour markers, under sunlight? Both for vsf and for Clean

I took them both out in the sun today just to look for you and I definitely could not see the difference.

​​​​​​

Have you noticed any differences in the lugs area from the side view?

I have not intentionally looked at this but will take pics and post tomorrow for you.

Klocklind123

Known Member
17/2/09
Thanks a a lot for compareing thoose two subs!

As usual you must have some luck with replicas:)

My cf 114060 with arf bracelet is perfect without any baby oil bath. Very much like a genuine without any gap by the end links.

Klocklind123

Known Member
17/2/09
Thanks a a lot for compareing thoose two subs!

As usual you must have some luck with replicas:)

My cf 114060 with arf bracelet is perfect without any baby oil bath. Very much like a genuine without any gap by the end links.

mari115

Put Some Respect On My Name
9/6/18
Nearer than you think
Thanks for the review! Is it me or from the pics it looks as if the insert in the CF is more "angled" than the VSF one? The VSF one looks "flatter", or is it just the angle of the pics?

User0582

Looking Around
18/5/21
Thanks for the review. I'm about to make the move on my first rep purchase though jtime (if he emails me back hopefully soon) and was torn between CF and VSF version of a Sub 116610 LV. Not sure if you are up for it but I'd be interested in seeing both movements VR3135 and VS3135 side by side torn down. Hell if someone did that with a gen included in the comparison Im sure it'd help a lot of other people with their research. I was honestly set with CF but now you have me second guessing myself. Still torn between the two.

macarone

Patron
Certified
7/3/17
CONUS USA
Thanks for the review. I'm about to make the move on my first rep purchase though jtime (if he emails me back hopefully soon) and was torn between CF and VSF version of a Sub 116610 LV. Not sure if you are up for it but I'd be interested in seeing both movements VR3135 and VS3135 side by side torn down. Hell if someone did that with a gen included in the comparison Im sure it'd help a lot of other people with their research. I was honestly set with CF but now you have me second guessing myself. Still torn between the two.

Not skilled enough to tear em down lol. I took some side by sides of the 3130’s and must add that VR did something to their movement because they wound and felt the same. Vsf is top and one with serial #
e0f9c1a3292815eb1c89a6656d0be733.jpg

7db4f7e5b4a63bb6285dcc5fe92ebfc5.jpg

b070e994b83e0768526ce9e2f192f61b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EuroTime25

Lost Soul of Watches
Supporter
Certified
24/7/20
West USA
Great write up and you are correct people are aometimes picky and not a bad thing. Forces Factories to improve. But when it comes to Reps of today and Gens its really hard to see any difference unless you have a lupe and both in your hand. I have a ARF SeaDweller and I been looking at photos of Gen and cannot tell a difference. Most people like me know the watch but dont know small details. Actually most are not like me they just see a watch and maybe logo. But no matter what its great for all of us.

Silver Fox Mulder

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/8/20
Thats me in the corner..
Best out of the box Sub seems to lean toward VSF. Li has advised there may be a backlog of up to a month for VSF, sourcing parts more difficult due to recent raids.. just a heads up.. I think I can wait.

Last edited:

macarone

Patron
Certified
7/3/17
CONUS USA
Best out of the box Sub seems to lean toward VSF. Li has advised there may be a backlog of up to a month for VSF, sourcing parts more difficult due to recent raids.. just a heads up.. I think I can wait.

That’s funny! Li told me the same exact thing about clean LOL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rolley

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/9/16
CT
So VSF is the one to get for the no date then??? LOL