• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Best Version of 116610 No date

dilson88

Horology Curious
1/4/21
UK
Hi, this is my first post! I'm really interested in purchasing a 116610 No date but can't decide which factory version to go with. I've seen the reviews comparing the main factory ones back in a post in 2019 but I'm not sure if this includes the V3 ones.

I'm toying between the ARF V3 SA3130 - https://www.intime05.co/rollie/7437...rf1-1-best-edition-on-ss-bracelet-sa3130.html

or the ZZF SA3130 - https://www.intime05.co/rollie/7488...-1-best-edition-on-ss-bracelet-sa3130-v3.html

The ARF crystal does look a lot higher though - I wanted advice from some of the forum members that have purchased these different variants of the 116610 and let me know which reps I should consider that look good enough! I may have missed some other factories, so feel free to let me know. There's a wealth of information on here and I have had a look but being a noob I don't really know what I should be looking for and thought I'd see what the experts think :)

Thanks

dilson88

Horology Curious
1/4/21
UK
Thanks - that's a mistake! lol - I don't even know how to change the title of the post :(

SS72

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/9/12
Australia
VSF is definitely considered King at the moment. But, you need to consider the movement in each of the available reps, too. My advice, head to the tech section and read up on the various movements used in Subs.

VSF uses a new clone 3130 movement and there have been some issues reported in relation to their recent 3135. The ETA 2836/2824 movements aren't guaranteed to be trouble free, but getting hold of a replacement movement or parts is certainly easier and cheaper at this point in time.

Read. Read. And then read some more. YouTube videos are also helpful. Save a bunch of images of genuine 114060 and similar images for reps from the various factories. You'll start to see the good from the bad is pretty obvious, and you'll learn a lot.

Welcome. Have fun.
​​​

Reactions: rwacc and dilson88

dilson88

Horology Curious
1/4/21
UK
Thanks, makes sense what you're saying. Really good advice.

Out of curiosity why is vsf considered king. The new vsf 114060 has only just come on the market. Not seen any customer reviews floating about.

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
Thanks, makes sense what you're saying. Really good advice.

Out of curiosity why is vsf considered king. The new vsf 114060 has only just come on the market. Not seen any customer reviews floating about.

You are spot on. This is exactly why asking about the best sub is actually not going to help you. As mentioned by SS72 youre better off reading and reading until you form your own opinion. Who's to say that opinions that you may receive are from people who actually know what they're talking about? They may, or they may also be wannabe experts sharing their - at best - biased or - at worst - bullshit and uninformed opinion

Reactions: dilson88 and J3DD

derjenigewelcher

Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
See - VSF is a (compared to others) relative young factory. But they have some flagships, like first (as i know) 72hrs movement clone, greatest on point zyclope reps in all colours and diameters. And there are already QCs around of the first batch.
And lot of fanboys of vsf (including me:))

Reactions: dilson88

Tobel

6/7/17
See - VSF is a (compared to others) relative young factory. But they have some flagships, like first (as i know) 72hrs movement clone, greatest on point zyclope reps in all colours and diameters. And there are already QCs around of the first batch.
And lot of fanboys of vsf (including me:))

72h power reserve does not apply to the 3130 clones, so please as others have mentioned in other threads, it would be great if you could calm down a little bit on the posting spree, in particular when you are spreading misinformation

dilson88 this is exactly what I was saying...

Reactions: dilson88

derjenigewelcher

Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
72h power reserve does not apply to the 3130 clones, so please as others have mentioned in other threads, it would be great if you could calm down a little bit on the posting spree, in particular when you are spreading misinformation

That is why i posted (AS I KNOW).
But as i see google translate translated it wrong. it should translate (AS FAR AS I KNOW)
For your understanding: This means that I am NOT SURE!
And mister, also please, read my post correct. I just mentioned a few things WHY VSF is hyped. not that it is on this specific watch model with movement clone 3130.
So please, chill.

For your understanding: I post when i want to sir.

Tijdwijzer

Renowned Member
24/11/20
Europe
You are spot on. This is exactly why asking about the best sub is actually not going to help you. As mentioned by SS72 youre better off reading and reading until you form your own opinion. Who's to say that opinions that you may receive are from people who actually know what they're talking about? They may, or they may also be wannabe experts sharing their - at best - biased or - at worst - bullshit and uninformed opinion

All post iv seen from you is about correcting people.

oay62

1/1/20
South Germany
That is why i posted (AS I KNOW).
But as i see google translate translated it wrong. it should translate (AS FAR AS I KNOW)
For your understanding: This means that I am NOT SURE!
And mister, also please, read my post correct. I just mentioned a few things WHY VSF is hyped. not that it is on this specific watch model with movement clone 3130.
So please, chill.

For your understanding: I post when i want to sir.

Ich schreibe mal in Deutsch damit auch Du es verstehst:

Alter, Du bist echt peinlich! Hör auf mit Deinem Halbwissen hier Kommentare zu hinterlassen und mit "soweit ich weiß" Postings Verwirrung zu stiften! Damit hilfst Du niemandem. Entweder hast Du was konkretes zu sagen, also gut recherchiert und fundiert, oder Du kommentierst auch mal nicht! Wie alt bist Du? 16? 20?

Und hör auf so respektlos zu sein und Dich als Forum-Polizei aufzuführen. Das ist noch peinlicher! Genau so wie Dein Englisch... Das ist ein internationales Forum und keine Spielwiese für Dein Ego!

*PLONK*

dilson88

Horology Curious
1/4/21
UK
I didn't really want to start a debate but appreciate everyone's comments. Will go back and look at the QC pics that are floating around.

If anyone's ordered one - I think a gen vs vsf comparison will be cool - I'm hoping something comes up in the next few weeks!

Tobel

6/7/17
All post iv seen from you is about correcting people.

How is this post correcting anyone? I'm advising this new member to make up his own opinion by reading, and not relying on other people's opinion. That's the best advice I've been given here and I'm sharing it back to others.

Reactions: J3DD

Tobel

6/7/17
derjenigewelcher I also don't appreciate you insulting me in a PM. Behave yourself, respect others or you'll soon be banned from this forum

QueTip

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
oay62 Deine Meinung interessiert mich wirklich.:p
If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day, chances are, you're the asshole. Stop blaming others, stop spreading absolute bs information and wrongful facts and most of all stop acting like a tough kid insulting senior members, former staff and contributing members especially when you're the one to blame.
You have absolutely nothing to backup your shit talk; not by knowledge and definitely not by intellect.
This is an official warning (one and only) and you will be issued an infraction on top of it.

Reactions: ash_x and Tobel

diamonds

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
17/3/21
The general consensus is VSF currently makes the best 114060 No Date, with Clean being right up there too. Both have their strengths, with subtle flaws, but VSF seems to have more fans. My vote would be VSF, until a side by side comparison is done to see the specifics of each.