• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

XF SD43 126600 - review & macros

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Looks like a very respectable choice for an SD43. Lots of things to like for a $468 rep watch. I love that it has a 2824, pop a gen Swiss in and it's long term maintenance free.

Incredible pics YellowFin , thanks!

Ferax

Supporter
Certified
17/12/17
Since my wrist is not that big I was more a submariner guy. But now that I saw your epic pics of the seadweller I need to reconsider my thoughts :D absolutely gorgeus pics of a fabolous watch! And yeah, I am also a big fan of the 2824 movement. If You will like to sell it, hit me with a PM, haha :D

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
Since my wrist is not that big I was more a submariner guy. But now that I saw your epic pics of the seadweller I need to reconsider my thoughts :D absolutely gorgeus pics of a fabolous watch! And yeah, I am also a big fan of the 2824 movement. If You will like to sell it, hit me with a PM, haha :D

Will do, bro. Still thinking about what to do with it, got some new ones incoming. Only in for a year now, but that rep hobby is slowly getting out of control! Hope your Datejust is doing well!

Edit: forget to post a wristshot. Here's that thing in real life (my wrist's a little over 19cm). It's not exactly for people who like unobtrusive watches. ;)

Zdm5X3.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Ferax

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
Lovely review, ta. The Cyclops looks very cloudy compared to recent VSF standards - is it?

Ferax

Supporter
Certified
17/12/17
YellowFin ​​​​​​
My wrist is about 18cm. And yeah, sub sits just right on my wrist, but my 42mm Omega looks also quite good I think :) however, my Breitling Superocean 44mm is to big for me...
Now that you showed me these beautiful pics of the seadweller I want one so bad :D
My datejust is doing very well! I am totally in love with it :)

YellowFin

28/1/20
Molvania
YellowFin ​​​​​​
My wrist is about 18cm. And yeah, sub sits just right on my wrist, but my 42mm Omega looks also quite good I think :) however, my Breitling Superocean 44mm is to big for me...
Just so you have a comparison: the length over the lugs (tip to tip) is 50mm, two millimeters more than the 126610.

madedo

Certified
4/12/20
Dear YellowFin,
thank you for the once again excellent review this time about the XF sea dweller and the fantastic macros of the watch. would you say that the overall quality of the XF is on the same level as the VSF sub or datejust or not? or is there also a difference in quality between the VSF sub and datejust?

YellowFin

28/1/20
Molvania
madedo It's really close to the VSF Subs concerning quality of the metal parts and finish. The bracelet is finished better than my VSF 126610, the edges have been nicely polished. The dial markers and hands can anyway vary from watch to watch. The Subs also have some fine residuals from the manufacturing/assembly process as well as tiny scratches here and there (mostly invisible to the naked eye).

​​​​​
​​​​​​@wonkycrown Haven't seen the new ARF release.

Last edited:

Cristianbuta

Horology Curious
19/11/19
Got mine today, looks great. One thing I noticed, the date don't jump at midnight, takes more than a minute. Is that normal or is a flaw in the mechanism?

SS72

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/9/12
Australia
Got mine today, looks great. One thing I noticed, the date don't jump at midnight, takes more than a minute. Is that normal or is a flaw in the mechanism?

Not uncommon at all. Same goes for gens. A minute is actually good. Some of mine are close to 10. It's purely based on how the time was set in relation to the date flip during assembly.

Cristianbuta

Horology Curious
19/11/19
Staff edit: Photo removed as per request of OP.

2 weeks ago I wrote the Ad, asking for a Sd43, they didn't have one, and they accepted to put me on a waiting list. Last week I got a call, they got one, which was an order from one of their client, but the guy changed his mind. I told them I want it, but in not able to pick up only Monday. 9 hours later, after 600 km drive back and forward, I am in my living room, with the Arf v4 and the real SD 43 in front of me.
On the outside, so far the only difference I noticed with the naked eye are:
The helium escape valve colour is a little darker on the original.

The lume looks a little more bright as colour on the Arf, same with the hands.

I will try to get a DSLR to make some macros pics later this week.

So far, I have the ARF for 3 months, very happy with it, even more happier now when I compare it with the original.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: pistebasher

Nassim

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/2/20
2 weeks ago I wrote the Ad, asking for a Sd43, they didn't have one, and they accepted to put me on a waiting list. Last week I got a call, they got one, which was an order from one of their client, but the guy changed his mind. I told them I want it, but in not able to pick up only Monday. 9 hours later, after 600 km drive back and forward, I am in my living room, with the Arf v4 and the real SD 43 in front of me.
On the outside, so far the only difference I noticed with the naked eye are:
The helium escape valve colour is a little darker on the original.

The lume looks a little more bright as colour on the Arf, same with the hands.

I will try to get a DSLR to make some macros pics later this week.

So far, I have the ARF for 3 months, very happy with it, even more happier now when I compare it with the original.

Congrats
you should hide that serial number..

Last edited by a moderator:

Bombardier

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
12/11/20

Hello guys, just received this a few hours ago. Can someone please confirm this is the latest mk2 batch from ARF?

Bracelet extention sticks out too much. Anyone who removed it?