ARF vs. VSF DateJust 41 126334

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by YellowFin View Post
    Akilles Blue one's halfway OK but not on gen level. VSF's Rhodium is worse, you have to see that in hand. Very obviously wrong...
    I guess that's subjective but imo looking at pic I just posted and some others I would say it's a bit more than "halfway" to gen...!?

But again, we all see different and some say a wrong letter in the rehaut is an instant tell but I'm just trying to see things realistic without beeing too negative.

Comment

Originally posted by Akilles View Post
      I guess that's subjective but imo looking at pic I just posted and some others I would say it's a bit more than "halfway" to gen...!?

But again, we all see different and some say a wrong letter in the rehaut is an instant tell but I'm just trying to see things realistic without beeing too negative.
      Those pictures were what made me pull the trigger on VSF. But in real life, it was a different story, at least it was for me.

Please don't get me wrong, it still is an awesome piece. I just have an obsession over this blue dial, that's all. you can call me crazy..... cuz I do. lol
      Last edited by jiro; 11-02-21, 14:12.

Comment

One picture taken in certain lighting doesn't say everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Duckber View Post

One picture taken in certain lighting doesn't say everything.
          Never said one picture says everything if you read what I wrote. I have seen plenty of comparison pics. Just don't want to spam with pictures you have already seen.

Nevertheless. I haven't hold gen next to VSF irl so maybe it's only halfway there. Maybe even 1/10 of gen. It depends on who you ask.

Read post #1228. This member takes comparison pics on gen and VSF and even states that he "got them mixed up a few times".

https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...eserve/page123

Last edited by Akilles; 11-02-21, 16:24.

Comment

As far as sunburst goes, neither are correct.

ARF is bit too strong and VSF is bit too weak.

Hopefully VSF can come up with improved dial with a bit stronger sunburst and deeper blue color.

Last edited by jiro; 11-02-21, 20:03.

Comment

[QUOTE=jiro;n9659595] jiro jiro
              mécène

• Envoyer PM

N ° 35
              11-02-21, 16:26

hi, thank you for this nice comparison, please, is there a difference in shine at the bezel? I believe I heard that VSF uses rhodium plating, is this true or false?

MANY THANKS!!
              Last edited by guillaumelagier; 12-02-21, 10:48.

Comment

I don't know what would VSF come up with on their 2nd version if this is their first attempt.

Comment

Does anyone know if the arf bracelet fits the vsf case ??

Comment

jiro may I ask, are the jubilee bracelets between then vsf and arf similar? I found the vsf jubilee bracelet more flimsy as compared to the gen.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by KJ2020 View Post

Probably the 126610 VSF 3135 date plate was necessary since the dial is the older style 3135 dial with dial feet. So for a 3235, the 126610 VSF dial is not gen-spec.

VSF used the new 3235 style dial in the DJ41. It has no feet and so the 3235 date plate has no feet holes in it. The dial is friction fit, the lower rims hug the movement. Rotation is prevented by stubs protruding from the movement.

(Pics borrowed from other threads]
                      So would i be able to fit a VSF dial on an ARF with existing gen DW?

Comment

Does anyone have this Watch to Sell with gen dw and crystal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by onewatch2018 View Post
                          jiro may I ask, are the jubilee bracelets between then vsf and arf similar? I found the vsf jubilee bracelet more flimsy as compared to the gen.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk
                          For me, both arf & vsf had similar feeling and quality. Maybe a bit better on vsf in build quality but i'm sure nothing like gen.

I give oil bath to all my rep bracelets to get rid of that flimsy feeling with squeaky sounds.

They feel and sounds so much better afterwards.

I highly recommend it to anyone who hate that squeaky sounds your clasp makes when you shake them when they are loose.

Comment

hello friends, I have read the whole thread of datejust vsf and arf, my final conclusions are: 1- Both are incredible, buy the one that you want 2- sharper date wheel and generally better in the ARF 3- best ARF case and bracelet 4- cloned movement so if you want to make a franklen better vsf 5- better handles in the vsf 6- crown best vsf 7- colors and brightness dial, I don't know which is better, according to the photo one or the other looks better. can someone make a mini summary of pros and cons of vsf and arf v3? I have a ruckus in the head and I do not get anything clear no matter how much I search

Comment

I'll make it simple for you. Best ootb DJ41 to date is VSF (even if ARF v3 is very good).

If you're planning to franken it. Do some more reading in other VSF and ARF DJ threads since there is no short answer to that.

Last edited by Akilles; 19-03-21, 22:12.

Comment

I'll make it simple for you. Best ootb DJ41 to date is VSF (even if ARF v3 is very good).

If you're planning to franken it. Do some more reading in other VSF and ARF DJ threads since there is no short answer to that.

More or less is what I have clear, but I would like if an expert could emphasize the failures and virtues of each one with a summary and thus it is written so that each one makes their decisions and can assess and focus more on the details. I am not looking for them to feed me with a spoon, I have read all the threads but I still have doubts and I am not clear about the pros and cons of each one,

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X