• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF Submariner 126610LN Review & Macros

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
I just received my VSF 126610LN from Sead's EU stock. The parcel was ehre within two weeks despite Royal Mail logistics disruptions due to Covid19. Really a nice rep I gotta say. First of all, Sead's QC is great and he picked a nice one, everything is in its place and the movement started up fine out of the box without winding.

As I've seen before on VSF's Omega reps, the build quality is on a very high level. The bracelet feels very comfy without any oil treatment, clasp opens and closes with a solid click, bezel rotation sounds good. I'd say that the workmanship on the metal parts is easily on the level of the ARF SD43 I reviewed last year. The polished and brushed surfaces look great, also really close up. The dial is sharp, datewheel print has minor imperfections close up, not visible with the naked eye of course. The hands and markers are nicely polished, just a tiiiiny scratch visible at 10x magnification at 12 o'clock. The bezel marker/number paint is great and very evenly with no visible grinding marks. The bezel insert and datewheel are aligned, rehaut is rotated a liiiiittle to the right and the serial number is not 100% perfectly distributed between the minute markers. Still talking about macro level >10x magnification though. The SELs and SEL recess look good. The clasp is good, the brushing isn't executed in straight lines though. Here's some shots for your entertainment. Sorry for the smudges on the bezel, shouldn't eat fries while taking shots... ;)

Znr2js.jpg

ZnrKv3.jpg

ZnrH6n.jpg

Znr32E.jpg

ZnrAOY.jpg

ZnrLkD.jpg

ZnreJk.jpg

ZnrUao.jpg

ZnrmAW.jpg

ZnrWlJ.jpg

ZnraFP.jpg

Znro6S.jpg

ZnrqvQ.jpg

ZnrOzL.jpg

Znryk8.jpg

ZnrYOR.jpg

Znr1VK.jpg

Znrnav.jpg

Znr6p1.jpg

Znr8Gj.jpg

ZnrtA4.jpg

Last edited:

Mille M

I'm Pretty Popular
24/7/18
Great pictures!
Looks so nice.
Can't wait for mine to arrive.

Congrats on the piece.

Cheers

Reactions: derjenigewelcher

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
Supporter
18/1/17
Great shots. I may get myself a LN as well. I do like my LV, but wonder if its a tad 'instagrammy'...

Odd about the brushing on the clasp.

You can get yourself a scotch pad and a straight piece of wood and re-brush it nice and straight though.

Good guide here:

https://watchtoolkit.co.uk/2017/01/30/refinishing-a-watch-bracelet/

You don't need to take off the clasp if thats all you're going to do. You can just run it against your straight wooden edge.
I do it every couple of months to clean up desk diving marks.

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
Great watch and great pics, thanks for sharing. I too am waiting impatiently for the no date ;)

StJin

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/9/19
FR/USA
It's amazing how poor the date looks at such a high magnification! Make me un-see it! :praying:

Last edited:

MolluskMan

Known Member
16/10/20
New York, NY
Thanks for this! Finishing on the hands looks amazing. As others have noted, they're much flatter than gen, but edges are very clean and I don't see any marks whatsoever.

YellowFin

28/1/20
Molvania
Odd about the brushing on the clasp.

You can get yourself a scotch pad and a straight piece of wood and re-brush it nice and straight though.

Good guide here:

https://watchtoolkit.co.uk/2017/01/30/refinishing-a-watch-bracelet/

You don't need to take off the clasp if thats all you're going to do. You can just run it against your straight wooden edge.
I do it every couple of months to clean up desk diving marks.
Thanks mate, that's brilliant! I'll try to fix the brushing.

It's amazing how poor the date looks at such a high magnification! Make me un-see it! :praying:
Oh, I've seen worse. Macro lenses and reps are a dangerous combination... ;)

Reactions: m5smg2

Mille M

I'm Pretty Popular
24/7/18

That's super magnified...
Even gens look like that, under such high magnification.

Untitled.png

Left is gen - look at the number "1" (open image on a new tab)...
The rep, on the right looks the same.

Cheers

Last edited:

glee79

9/3/17
I hope mine LV looks this good when i recive it! and yes, macro and DW is probably a bad idea. But usually DW change is easy for a watchsmith, if it is possible to get GEN or other reps

YellowFin

28/1/20
Molvania
Here's a comparison shot I did with a gen DJ41 datewheel vs. ARF. You can see how much bleeding the print of the ARF has, which is probably causing the issue with the bold date windows.

ZnlmP8.jpg

Last edited:

tom86

Divers only
Supporter
Certified
28/7/19
EU, UAE
Thanks for the photos! We've been waiting for such a post! :applause:

sukwonee

I'm Pretty Popular
7/9/11
PNW
It looks like the VSF version has blue AR coating underneath the cyclops (and Noob doesn't). Do you guys know which is correct?

fatarms

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
9/5/12
In my pants
It looks like the VSF version has blue AR coating underneath the cyclops (and Noob doesn't). Do you guys know which is correct?

I actually did a search last week on blue tints on R*lexforums. Apparently, there are gens that do have blue tint on their cyclops as well. Supposedly it depends on the method or manufacturer that is used to do the actual AR coating. But from multiple posts and threads on R*lexforums, there are gen owners who do report the blue tint on their gens as well.

Reactions: sukwonee