• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Pepsi Meteorite project

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14
It must be quite hard to ensure the datewheel is horizontally aligned to the printed text.

Side question, would you consider doing custom dials since you have this pad printing set up?

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
Check this out :p
i know it never going to be 1:1 but hey if we can make.it better why not :p
Zkqjuo.jpg
ZkqZnk.jpg

I think i will leave it as is, i think this is best i can do without going extreme like you said plus meteorite surface will dissort it a little.

Let me know what those looks like and can i make a cliche out of those files hehe

Maybe it’s my eyes but I still see an issue with the first line “ROLEX” print. All the outer line edges (of R, L, E, X) are rounded in gen. Your print look like straight lines. Here is a blow up version:

Oascom

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
19/1/16
WWW.WATCHMAKERUSA.COM
Maybe it’s my eyes but I still see an issue with the first line “ROLEX” print. All the outer line edges (of R, L, E, X) are rounded in gen. Your print look like straight lines. Here is a blow up version:

Yes but you need to account for some print spreading i don't think lines will come out as sharp as the etching but we will see :) it's a first try i can always modify it andake new plate :)

Reactions: KJ2020

Oascom

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
19/1/16
WWW.WATCHMAKERUSA.COM
It must be quite hard to ensure the datewheel is horizontally aligned to the printed text.

Side question, would you consider doing custom dials since you have this pad printing set up?

It won't be easy that's for sure.

I don't know yet. Making plates takes times etc .

I might do a submariner meteorite version (fantasy i know) it will be cool to have black sub with meteorite dial

Reactions: KJ2020

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
Yes but you need to account for some print spreading i don't think lines will come out as sharp as the etching but we will see :) it's a first try i can always modify it andake new plate :)

Agreed, baby steps at a time!!

Reactions: Oascom

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Damn bro, that's some new toy! Looks great for a first run. Really looking forward to things to come.

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
Im guessing the ink is insanely thick? Blows my mind how ink applied from a piece of rubber can come out so raised. Looks great though mate, keep up the good work :)

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
Need to get the perfect viscosity of the ink, solvents etc.

Meteorite texture doesn't help to learn hehe

I work with high speed pad printers and they are a pain to set up. Love what you are doing... great work and good luck with it :)
What process did you use to create your cliche? Photopolymer or laser?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oascom

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
19/1/16
WWW.WATCHMAKERUSA.COM
I work with high speed pad printers and they are a pain to set up. Love what you are doing... great work and good luck with it :)
What process did you use to create your cliche? Photopolymer or laser?

Laser i i read it better than photopolymer but not as good as etching

Reactions: mnkoshka

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
Laser i i read it better than photopolymer but not as good as etching

Yeah the quality will differ depending on the process. We use a “damming” design with the photo etching to distribute larger quantities of ink or for deeper etching to hold more volume ( bolder print) but cure time from pickup to put down is critical for a nice complete transfer. Laser is definitely easier and can be more accurate, Once again awesome work mate the dial looks brilliant and Hope to see more custom dials in the future.