• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean Factory New Submariner Series Review (Incl. Comparison Pics vs Gen)

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
You can replace SEL (a bracelet). Not much you can do about crown guards.

Why do folk not understand that CF is not the best build quality, more likely you’ll get a gritty crown thread and loose or too tight bezel and there is no side profile taper with your wrong crown guards and white crystal ring, the CF case is no good. The other main player folks are buying does not have any of these problems, it just has crap SEL’s (and arguably a better movement).

CF is for the uninformed newbie buyer in my opinion.

Last edited:

elon261

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/12/21

Why do folk not understand that CF is not the best build quality, more likely you’ll get a gritty crown thread and loose or too tight bezel and there is no side profile taper with your wrong crown guards and white crystal ring, the CF case is no good. The other main player folks are buying does not have any of these problems, it just has crap SEL’s (and arguably a better movement).

StreetFighter, so who can produce the best quality ?

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

mac83

9/7/13

I’ve gone so the vsf because of your I depth reviews, I’m rubbish at spotting flaws on Rolex even after years of reading on this forum. What’s your thoughts on the Daytona from CF tempted to grab the black dial

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CsViking

Known Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
28/11/21

Man as I said before CF is the best replica submariner out there if you plan to change crystal I have vsf and clean with gen crystal and vsf it’s not even close I can post pictures if you like to see it …

Reactions: Rusty_Shackleford

1breitling

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
13/9/17
Man as I said before CF is the best replica submariner out there if you plan to change crystal I have vsf and clean with gen crystal and vsf it’s not even close I can post pictures if you like to see it …

Hello friend, Would you mind posting pictures of the comparison? I have a CF but I'm thinking of a VSF but I keep seeing mixed reviews. I would like to reference your pictures if you have the time. Feel free to PM if you'd rather do that. Thanks

Eatdirtfartdust

Known Member
17/4/19
STL. MO USA
If you have doubts, best buy both

:)
I feel like on one hand I’ll have a $1,200 quality watch, that most people don’t recognize and will assume it’s a $100 AliExpress knockoff.
And the other would be a replica of an impossible to find watch that everyone will assume is a replica.

Last edited:

shabbaranks21

Patron
Certified
19/10/17
????
I feel like on one hand I’ll have a $1,200 quality watch, that most people don’t recognize and will assume it’s a $100 AliExpress knockoff.
And the other would be a replica of an impossible to find watch that everyone will assume is a replica.

hes saying buy both to compare! the one you dont like sell, the other one you like keep

Eatdirtfartdust

Known Member
17/4/19
STL. MO USA
hes saying buy both to compare! the one you dont like sell, the other one you like keep

I didn’t mean to put the question marks at the beginning. It was an emoji from my phone that didn’t translate.
I know what he was suggesting. And I can’t bring myself to pay that much for two very similar watches just to sell one at a loss.

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20

But if you put a gen crystal in your CF it won't improve the case side taper or crown guards, only thing that will improve that is replacing the case. I really can't see how it can be 'the best replica submariner out there' if it failed at the start line, the case, the chassis of the watch is not a good clone of the genuine Submariner case. Putting a gen crystal on it will only improve the crystal and remove the white ring effect the rep crystals causes.

Put that gen crystal on your VSF along with your CF bracelet, then you've got a watch imo.

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
But if you put a gen crystal in your CF it won't improve the case side taper or crown guards, only thing that will improve that is replacing the case. I really can't see how it can be 'the best replica submariner out there' if it failed at the start line, the case, the chassis of the watch is not a good clone of the genuine Submariner case. Putting a gen crystal on it will only improve the crystal and remove the white ring effect the rep crystals causes.

Put that gen crystal on your VSF along with your CF bracelet, then you've got a watch imo.

Here is one of those I made earlier.. this is VSF with CF bracelet and a gen sub, these are as good as identical imo (and I was there)..

I promise there were no mirrors involved. You can have a go at spot the difference here..

jpUkt8.jpg
jpUdeR.jpg
jpUT0L.jpg
jpUPPQ.jpg
jpUwNK.jpg

Last edited:

timmywatch

Renowned Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
4/11/16
Here is one of those I made earlier.. this is VSF with CF bracelet and a gen sub, these are as good as identical imo (and I was there)..

I promise there were no mirrors involved. You can have a go at spot the difference here..

jpUkt8.jpg
jpUdeR.jpg
jpUT0L.jpg
jpUPPQ.jpg
jpUwNK.jpg

Ok that’s it. I’ll do the same. Vsf sub with CF bracelet.

Noticed my VSF has those black metal slides ZZF used a while ago in the glidelock.

How do the SELs fit, is there any play? I hate loose sels.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
Ok that’s it. I’ll do the same. Vsf sub with CF bracelet.

Noticed my VSF has those black metal slides ZZF used a while ago in the glidelock.

How do the SELs fit, is there any play? I hate loose sels.

No play in the SEL's but your luck with fitting may vary whether you get a good recess on all four corners or not. I got 3 out of 4 fitted well so I went with it. It's down to where the holes have been drilled on your particular case, they are not always exactly where they should be.

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
Forgot to say, not only does the VSF look as good as it does next to the gen there (1:1), when you unscrew the crown it feels nice and tight and butter smooth just like the gen. When you spin the bezel it feels exactly like the gen does. I made the mistake of buying a ZZFv2S (which was the CF V1) and the crown was gritty and the bezel felt light, hollow and loose clicky, not like gen.

It pains me to see folks wanting the best product their money and not getting it and the money going into the pockets of those who will make more bad reps?

Reactions: Octagon77

timmywatch

Renowned Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
4/11/16
No play in the SEL's but your luck with fitting may vary whether you get a good recess on all four corners or not. I got 3 out of 4 fitted well so I went with it. It's down to where the holes have been drilled on your particular case, they are not always exactly where they should be.

Hm yeah that makes sense. I’ll just have to buy a few and try my luck.

Also where you able to take out links? Had a lot of trouble getting them gosh darn screws out.

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
Hm yeah that makes sense. I’ll just have to buy a few and try my luck.

Also where you able to take out links? Had a lot of trouble getting them gosh darn screws out.

Buy a few watches? It's the cases that have the holes drilled, that could would out expensive, money better spent on a set of gen hands or a bikini wax for your girl. If you are unlucky the bracelet is not a perfect fit there are ways to manipulate it, slimmer diameter spring bars or even bending the spring bars is quite common to get them to fit.

timmywatch

Renowned Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
4/11/16
Buy a few watches? It's the cases that have the holes drilled, that could would out expensive, money better spent on a set of gen hands or a bikini wax for your girl. If you are unlucky the bracelet is not a perfect fit there are ways to manipulate it, slimmer diameter spring bars or even bending the spring bars is quite common to get them to fit.

Hahaha, I am single unfortunately so I’m stuck with spending my money on too many watches haha.

Smaller springboard would end up creating play on the SELs again. So I hope I’ll be Lucky once haha.